• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
Years
  • I take the lottery corner ticket everyday and I've got like 5 exp. shares and 12 pp ups atm. But I was wondering, what are the other prizes? Annnnd what is that ever elusive top prize?

Years
  • You can get Dress-up backgrounds, PP Ups, Exp. shares, Max Revives, and Master Balls from the Jubilife lottery. 1 number starting from the left (or was it the right?) has to match your trainer ID for Dress-up backgrounds, 2 for PP up, 3 for Exp. share, 4 for Max Revive, and all of them for Master Ball.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I went on the GTS and offered up a pokemon for trade, I looked for a few minutes more and left. When I came back the next day, my offered pokemon (a lvl. 97 Salamence, Male) was gone! I didn't get any pokemon in exchange, and it said that I didn't offer up a pokemon for trade, but it's nowhere to be found. Does anyone know what happened?
    That happened to me before, it must have been hacked in some way (even using vitamin codes can cause the GTS to filter it out). Either that or you turned off the game while it was saving?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Accidentally cloned

ok, so i left my empoleon(boy) and my shellos(girl) at the day care center and i rode my bike from the hallowed tower straight to the moomoo milk store (straight path) and i left my gyarados, staraptor, kadabra and luxray at the pc (too bad i did not left my dailga)
    so that there are rooms for the eggs. whe the eggs hatched they all turned out to be shellos (no piplup!) ok so i transferred them to the pc and get my gyarados, staraptor, kadabra and luxray and them i went to the gts i was about to offer my arcanine (in the pc)
    and then i saw my gyarados, staraptor, kadabra and luxray in box 1 and also in my party with the same moves and items, so i got 2 master balls now haha....shocking!

so they got cloned?

yes. and i dont know how.....pls. help

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Focus Sash
    Endeavor
    Attack (Quick Attack)
    Rattata

or

F---ing
    Evil
    Annoying
    Rodent

They are both used to describe Pokemon that use the cheap little Focus Sash, Endeavor, and Quick Attack Strategy. Another notable one is PIE.

Phanpy
    Ice Shard
    Endeavor

Years
  • Either one works. Just keep in mind that you can't really use it in wi-fi's auto-leveling system, and that Leftovers (Black Sludge), Sandstorm, and Hail wrecks this little guy.

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I don't think it really wrecks it, per se. No matter what, Endeavor is still going to knock the opponent down to one HP, unless it happens to be a Ghost. xD

As far as I know, having a Pokemon with only 1 HP is kind of bad if it isn't named Shedinja.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    To be honest, FEAR is actually a really bad 'strategy'. It's countered by:
    Hail & Sandstorm
    Poison & Burn
    Ghost types
    Substitute
    Leftovers (on anything with high Defense or resists Normal/Ice)
    Priority moves
    Trick & Switcheroo
    Switching to something with one of the above

In short, any decent person could easily deal with it, or even take advantage of it (switch to a Ghost-type with a stat-up move). I wouldn't expect to see it in a serious battle.

Years
  • Streaks are just continuing to challenge the Battle Tower after you have beat a 7 steak. Your first one is a 7 streak. Second is 14. Third is 21, and so on. Streaks end when you lose a battle or reset the game in the middle of a Battle Tower challenge without saving.

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I need to do a Battle Tower challenge again. The most I've gotten was 49 (Yes, I know, so frickin' close =[ ).

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Can someone categorize the type of moves NPC battle towers are likely to use?
    e.g. Cheryl will frequently use Sp Att
    I remember Color Me Evil had it here but i can't find it

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    To be honest, FEAR is actually a really bad 'strategy'. It's countered by:
    Hail & Sandstorm
    Poison & Burn
    Ghost types
    Substitute
    Leftovers (on anything with high Defense or resists Normal/Ice)
    Priority moves
    Trick & Switcheroo
    Switching to something with one of the above

In short, any decent person could easily deal with it, or even take advantage of it (switch to a Ghost-type with a stat-up move). I wouldn't expect to see it in a serious battle.

Apparently, it was fairly common in the official tournament last year. The biggest one was a Smeargle with Endeavor and Aqua Jet (not walled by ghost).

But in general, you're correct. It's really only a surprise when first encountering it. And it's essentially the same as using explosion or destiny bond. That one Pokemon surviving FEAR is now pretty much destined to be KOed.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Will Palmer appear in the battle tower after th 21st consecutive Doubles or Multi Batlles?
    or can you only battle him in singles

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back