• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did any male Poke fans play as the girl in D/P/Plat?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
  • A very good friend of mine constantly uses female characters in most of the games they play where the gender of the character can be selected. Such is the case with their selection of character for their play through of Pokemon Platinum when they claimed their copy of it. He also knows a number of other people who also use the female character in their games.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm female ( Yeah, totally. :x ), and in-game, I normally stick with the female characters. With the exception being Pokemon Ruby, where I played as Brendan, because he was awesome. In Emerald I did use May, though.

& I have yet to play as Lucas in any of the Sinnoh games, since I'm not fond of his character design.

Years
  • I did previously for Diamond & Pearl Versions. But I did some reset stuff as I am working on cutting back on DS possession. Owning three DS is excessive.
    I'll likely do some of that trade-it stuff at that freaky mall in my city where an EB Games is just upstairs from GameStop.​

Now, my game versions are boy outside Diamond. I may pick up a secondary Platinum game for when I get that blue DSi that I want.​

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • The guy, erm, looked like a f*g, so I chose the girl.

Haha pretty much the same reason I played as the female in Platinum.

Lucas looks like he's dressed for some kinda semi-queer disco, not a Pokemon journey. I know, I know, the female is in a mini-skirt in a snowy cold region. She doesn't look exactly ready for a Pokemon journey either. Oh well.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • I prefer to play as the male characters for immersion reasons, really. 'Tis why I don't create females on MMOs, or anything like that. Perhaps it's a bit strange, but I tend to see the in-game character as myself. Thus, the female gender can't particularly work with my vision.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • In DP Lucas looks like an idiot with a too big hat, in Platinum he looks less like an idiot, but still has a huge hat.
    I used Dawn in Pearl, before it got stolen, and used Lucas in Platinum.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • <-- lol female

Anyhow, I tend to play as the character I prefer more rather than the one that more corresponds with my gender. I think for nostalgic reasons when I get Heartgold I will play as Gold and not "Miss Mario Cupcakeshine".

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    haha i was going to start as the female character, and did until the first gym, but then I just restarted. it kind of felt weird playing as a girl (i don't mean that offensively)

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I did at first because I thought Lucas' hat looked kinda *cough*GAY*cough* and thought Dawn was hot...

But now I'm the male character.

I originally chose Lucas, but then I used an Action Replay code to turn Lucas female. My action replay busted, and my character is stuck as a female, so technically, yes.

~Chaos

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I've chosen the male character in Diamond and Platinum for the same reasons as most other people. The cap just looks too ridiculous.

olliem

In Soviet Russia, Ducks Pwn U!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    i was thinking of... but then i thought nah, if i turned up into school, or at a m8s, with a female character in any kind of game, i'd be considered "strange".

Scarface

Poor quality pictures FTW!
    Years
  • I always play as the guy, although once I went through Sapphire as a Gril to see the difference in text. I hate the way Dawn looks in Platinum, she looks like a Social reject!

Back