• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you expected that there would be a remake of R/S ?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It seems like it was rushed because Gen 3 and Gen 4 were both long generations, unlike Gen 5.

Gen 3's main games came out in 2002 (japan)/2003 (the rest of the world) with their last main game coming out in 2004 (japan)/ 2005 (the rest of the world) so in terms of main game releases it wasn't that long. It just took them a longer time to make Gen 4...which would've gone faster if not for the pause between DP and Pt. I wonder why Gen IV released slowly...well compared to Gen III which had two games out in one year (well three actually with them being FR, LG, and Emerald) after a one year break (japan) or a pair (one for Emerald's case) every year (the rest of the world). Compared to Japan's Gen III releases GF is pacing themselves.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I figured they would do a remake, simply because of some hints that were dropped in XY, and the grunts in Gen V from Team Aqua/Magma.

Plus, they've done it so far with every other generation. I can only see the trend continuing.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    I really loved your comments. And i really loved the new 3d game. But did you taught it will be 3d ? and it will be the same graphics as X & Y ?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    For me, as soon as I saw the Blazikenite, I said we're getting remakes. I thought there's no way they'd give one for Blaziken and leave the other evolved Hoenn starters out in the cold. Hints were being dropped in various places since then as well, and then I didn't even see the announcement (I was really late to the party).

I'd say most people expected it, since it's human nature to look for patterns everywhere, so since Red/Green got a remake, then HG/SS one generation later, people started expecting R/S to be remade in G5.
    I would personally have preferred a R/S remake in G5 and having a D/P remake in Gen. 6, since that would have meant that a) we would have gotten R/S remake earlier, and b) my favourite Gen. would have to be G4, so having that in 3D on the 3DS would be bliss.
    Diamond and Pearl can still be played on the 3DS. They won't get remakes, if ever, until at least Generation 8 when the older games can't be played on the new system. We might even get two more Kanto remakes at some point because the GBA carts. are no good in the 3DS! We can only wait and see. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    For me, as soon as I saw the Blazikenite, I said we're getting remakes. I thought there's no way they'd give one for Blaziken and leave the other evolved Hoenn starters out in the cold. Hints were being dropped in various places since then as well, and then I didn't even see the announcement (I was really late to the party).

Diamond and Pearl can still be played on the 3DS. They won't get remakes, if ever, until at least Generation 8 when the older games can't be played on the new system. We might even get two more Kanto remakes at some point because the GBA carts. are no good in the 3DS! We can only wait and see. :)

I don't think Kanto will come back again it got changed already 3 times, Once with GSC Followed by FRLG then HGSS. You could add Yellow for a 4th one if you want.

Anyway Gen 4 remake will mostly be after gen 7 is released. And Gen 7 may be in 2 years except if they make Pokemon Delta Emerald and Z before that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Since the release of Pokemon X & Y, I was wondering if they were going to make remakes, but i thought they would start right back @ gen 1 xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Since the release of Pokemon X & Y, I was wondering if they were going to make remakes, but i thought they would start right back @ gen 1 xD

Unless Gen 7 end up being linked to Kanto I don't think we will see Gen 1 in a while. Gen 7 is usually hinted to be a faraway place not linked to any region yet if we follow what we saw about the mysterious statue.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I did, but never this early into the generation. I mean, GF usually give the first pair a 2 year breather to sell and to get the gen going, but I guess being released this late into the hardware cycle(3 years later is a HUGE gap for Pokemon) I guess it was expected this gen will be rushed a little more then BW.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018

There's GBA Virtual Console. Nintendo could have just made use of that to make the original Ruby/Sapphire available this way and adding a way of using Wi-Fi connection instead of Link trades.

Besides, I don't think it really matters if D/P can still be played on the 3DS, because those games have stopped being in production years ago.

*If* they were still in production, then I would agree since all you would have to do is pick it up at your local store and play it on your 3DS.

(I should probably mention how the NDS Wi-Fi servers are permanently down, too.)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Oh, I used the servers being down as a case for a lower price for a used copy. I acquired Diamond for $15. You still find Sapphire at the used game stores, in its original cartridge, for $65.

Heart Gold is also being offered by someone around her for $15. I'm chasing. It will complete my Hidden Ability Legendary set from Dream Radar.

Years
    Once they announce a fourth generation remake, I'm going to be sold on the theory that they plan to remake every game eventually. Right now, the three remakes that have been released were more or less obvious. May be a minority opinion here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the remakes stopped with ORAS.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Certainly expected. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were the only games with the region not in 3D graphical form. There's no wireless communication. It's also becoming a hassle to transfer your Pokemon to Gen VI (besides, the DS Lite is discontinued, and it's difficult to get a reliably functional DS Lite in Singapore nowadays at a decent price).

Quite a lot of people, myself included, have expected these games to arrive in Gen V.

I agree with Pepperton. I honestly think that we will not see any more remakes (at least for the next 5 years) after ORAS. Ruby and Sapphire brought many new features/mechanics to Pokemon, but it was rather flawed (special/physical split for instance). It has been perfected over the generations. Gen IV, AFAIK, did not have such problems.

Considering that the DSi and 3DS - which still has quite a bit of life to go - play DS titles with barely any hiccup, I think it is unlikely we see a remake of Gen IV so soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If we look at it Gen 5 is not that far compared to gen 6. I'm sure the remake of Gen 4 will come in at least the 5 years coming, since HGSS are about 5-6 years old already.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not surprised about the gen III remakes. Actually, I was kind of surprised that they didn't come out last gen, given the trend of one-remake-set-per-gen. Yes, RSE are still compatible with existing games, so in some ways, it seems strange to remake them. But the games are also hard for a lot of people to play these days (given that they can't be played on current systems). Pokemon games also tend to sell fairly well, and given that they'll be profitable, I expected Game Freak to eventually make them. I also expect to see more remakes in the future, though perhaps not for a few years.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Considering Wi-Fi got shut down for the DS, the connection with Gen 6 with Gen 3 - 5 were already thin, to the point that there is only one or two methods of interconnectivity. ORAS was a great game to implement this lack, just like FRLG and HGSS did in their time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I definitely have expected it, yes. They've been doing this with old-time games (which, by now, RSE should be considered one), for a while, and seeing them drop it like that all of a sudden wouldn't make much sense to me. They could've made sequels instead of remakes, I suppose, but it still; my point still stands. Their formula is to create remakes so that newer generations could adapt, and they most likely would not drop it. They could always create continuation afterwords, but not prior. To be honest, I'm extremely happy about it; have been waiting to see them remake Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, and seeing them finally happen is a dream come true. I'm not the only one on this, I'm sure; there are plenty of others who feel this way.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I definitely have expected it, yes. They've been doing this with old-time games (which, by now, RSE should be considered one), for a while, and seeing them drop it like that all of a sudden wouldn't make much sense to me. They could've made sequels instead of remakes, I suppose, but it still; my point still stands. Their formula is to create remakes so that newer generations could adapt, and they most likely would not drop it. They could always create continuation afterwords, but not prior. To be honest, I'm extremely happy about it; have been waiting to see them remake Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, and seeing them finally happen is a dream come true. I'm not the only one on this, I'm sure; there are plenty of others who feel this way.
    Hopefully they'll continue making remakes two sytems after the original like how RG got remade for GBA (skipping the GBC), GS got remade for the DS (skipping the GBA), and now ORAS which is getting remade for the 3DS (skipping the DS). They'll a good way to reintroduce an old story to a younger generation.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Yes, but this was a common enough prediction by many, maybe half the fans?, that it's not really much of a correct prediction to brag about. One thing I think that's amusing is that the fans expecting and demanding remakes may have played into Gamefreak's decision to release remakes! For instance, fans asking Masuda on Twitter for them.

Back