• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diet Soda or Regular Soda?

Diet Soda or Regular Soda

• Total voters

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I dont mind drinking diet or regular soda, they taste the same for me.
    But if I had to choose one, then I would choose regular soda.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I tend to get the regular soda, but it all depends. I'm fine with diet Mountain Dew for some odd reason. Maybe because I'm used to it and haven't got the regular one in a long time. Diet Dr. Pepper and some other diet drinks on the other hand taste awful. Funny thing is since my brother has been drinking diet coke since he was a baby, he always gets it no matter what.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I prefer regular soda don't drink much though,anyways diet soda contains aspartame witch is not very good for you. Aspartame

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I drink regular soda since diet soda is still bad for you... I mean if you are going to drink soda, drink it normal.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I voted neither. XD Soda is soooooo bad for you (especially if you play a sport- it actually dehydrates you!), but if I had to choose I would choose regular. I hear diet is actually worse than regular because instead of putting all the sugar in, they substitute it for all these weird ass chemicals that are really bad for you. o_X

-Neko

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like, never drink pop, buuuuuuuut, if I had to drink regular or diet- I'd totally pick diet. Why not drink something that tastes better AND is slightly better for you? winwinwin.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I don't really taste any diffrence between the two. But I cant drink soda much anyway.(girl thing) Not like dieting or anything.

But personally, I don't see much of a diffrence

Years
    I've always preferred diet soda over regular soda. Yeah, I know; diet soda is 'nasty'. Whatever, more for me. :D

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    I drink regular soda; diet has a disturbing taste. I think the only one, to me, that tastes almost similar to the original is Diet Sunkist.

I barely ever drink soda though, but when I do, it's usually only Sunkist. :P I never drink any of the other sodas besides I guess maybe Sprite on occasions too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I can't stand anything but diet, I normally avoid soda, but if I have to drink it, it's diet...most of the time.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Opps, voted diet :(...

I actually prefer regular, because it tastes better, and like Neko said: Weird-ass chemicals @_@

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I'd take regular soda over diet anyday. I don't like the taste of any diet drinks, except 7-up/Sprite, seeing as I can't tell the difference between those 2 from the regular kind.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Regular soda.

I've had quite a few times where someone was like "you should try this diet [name of soda], it honestly tastes like the regular kind!" And yet every single time I tried them...yeah, they tasted nasty to me compared to regular sodas.

I'd rather drink no soda at all than try and drink diet soda, even if I'm really craving a soda. That's how much I dislike it.

I feel the same about diet sodas. I dislike them.

I'd do without rather than drink a diet soda simply because they tend to leave a very bitter and nasty taste in my mouth. Mind you, I drink tea without sugar so you'd think bitterness wouldn't bother me, but it's so horrible tasting along with that bitterness that it's not worth drinking.

Back