• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Digimon Adventure: DigiDestined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Emily Wallace
The Knight of Passion
Emily44_zps83118af6.png

19 // Female // New York City
Insignia of Passion // Red and White D-Touch​

Description:

At first glance, Emily is the average girl you see walking down the street. However, look at her twice and you'll be taken aback. She is not only pretty, but someone who knows how to hold themselves in a confident manner. She is a person who moves in just the right way to show off what she has, and boy, does she have it. Standing at an average 5'8" and weighing about 128 lbs, Emily is a person with nearly flawless skin, only ever having a few blemishes here or there. A gymnast's body and a oval-shaped face only add to the appeal. Her long and wavy blonde hair seems to perfectly frame her face, giving an added effect to her gray eyes, small nose, and plump lips. Her tan complexion only seems to accentuate her features even more.

Emily33_zps39311443.png
With her body size, Emily can easily pull off most outfits thrown her way with little to no effort at all. When she is simply lounging around after a practice, she is usually found wearing simple shorts and tank tops. Of course, that doesn't mean you'll never see her wearing a dress for formal events or even skinny jeans and a blouse when out on the town. Whatever seems to fit her mood that day, she will wear and yet still pull it off everytime.

Personality:

Spend a couple days with Emily and you'll have only seen part of her vast personality. Get down a few layers and you'll quickly realize that she is a passionate girl. Whether it be about her gymnastic, her taste in music, her opinions, or her dreams, you will know that she always tries her hardest for the things she cares about. After all, if you asked her, she would say you can never really enjoy something unless you have a bag full of emotions behind it. She is one of those rare people who are happy to share what they are passionate about, even if it resorts to showing off. She has always thought that passion has made her become more focused than most, allowing her to be more productive and in the long run, more skillful at what she does. She also enjoys the company of her friends and will protect them and their reputation with her life. If you dare cross her any of them, you better know that you crossed her too. She is passionate about anything that makes her who she is, whether it be her hobbies, her friends, or her family.

She is often told she has a "strong-will" when it comes to things. She would agree. When put into a tough situation, she is decisive and confident, often enough to have no regrets over what she has done. She is committed and will use any resource at her disposal to get where she needs to be, no matter the reason. Hell, if you said something that hurt her or her friends, she would be more than determined to figure out what needs to be done about, and trust me, most people should be afraid when finally does it. She is bold and will not hesitate to take any risks.

Of course, not everything can necessarily be in her favor. Some of the people who label her strong-willed tend to look at the negative aspects of it. They say that she will often get "too" into things, not that she thinks its a thing. She is often rebellious in matter, standing against the typical norm of what people think she should act like, although this is only really heard and not seen. She becomes difficult to deal with, sometimes getting a sense of "over-committed" when it comes to solving a problem. People will tend to think that her passionate actions will be full of too many emotions.

The majority of Emily's traits make her a great leader and this is easily seen when you see her leading her gymnastics team at a practice or meet. Constantly focused on the task at hand, she will do anything to help her team win, whether by doing it herself or by listening to the input of the group as a whole. However, if things went bad, she will not waver at doing what she thinks is right, even if it went against the groups opinion as a whole.

History:

Like many people, Emily started off with barely mentionable beginnings. Valley, Nebraska, the place where she grew up, was a small city in the middle of the American Heartland. Her family, consisting of her mother, father, and two older brothers, were some of the better off people in town, not that that made a difference as the general populace was typically pretty well off to begin with. Her parents, who had been married for ten years before her birth, played some of the biggest roles in her life for obvious reasons. With her dad being one of the main delegates on the city council and her mother a small-time dance teacher, her life was essentially shaped from the beginning. Sometimes, she still wonders whether this was mere circumstance or destiny.

After years of watching her mother teach (not that she knew what was going on) and a multitude of attempts at climbing onto and jumping off counters and tables, Emily was finally enrolled into a gymnastics class at the young age of six. It was quickly discovered that she had a natural affinity for the sport. For years, she balanced the sport along with school. For many, something like this would be stressful and Emily was no exception to this. However, she pulled through and by the time she was a sophomore, she became the captain of the Valley High School gymnastics team.

After turning 18, Emily moved to New York City in order to attend Juilliard for dance and gymnastics. She was quickly a well-established gymnast at the school. About a year after she began attending, Emily moved to a set of apartment buildings nearby. Here, she met Erin Marcelo whom she soon began a relationship with.

Biyomon

Biyomon_vg.gif
AncientKazemon_vg.gif

Personality: Biyomon is a Digimon with a solid view on life. She, like her tamer, possesses a strong willpower. Often enough, you will see her with a smile (or at least, as much of a smile as a bird can). Many times, you will see her headstrong attitude at play, making her want to rush in and fight when she and/or her friends are in danger.

Evolutions:
-Baby/Baby I: Puwamon
-In-Training/Baby II: Pinamon
-Rookie/Child: Biyomon
-Champion/Adult: Kazemon
-Ultimate/Perfect: Zephyrmon
-Mega/Ultimate: AncientKazemon

Last edited:

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Maybe it's just me who's bothered by this, but Digimon is an animated series, and some people have a real photo for the appearance. It looks jarring to me. It's not that big of a deal because of the written description, and I'll just imagine your characters as cartoons anyway, because that's how I roll. :P just a small pet peeve.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Thanks a bunch you, guys! I'm happy to be a part of this!

Emily does seem like the perfect leader, Watchman. All she needs is a pair of goggles!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Captain Watchman, I would like to comment on a few things :3 First of all, is her crest "passion"? You didn't write it out obviously but I assume "knight of passion" means that :p

Also, her personality kind of gives me the impression of a person who is incredibly forward and talkative and passionate and don't really know when to stop. But then this:
Emily's traits however make her the perfect leader and this is easily seen when you see her leading her gymnastics team at a practice or meet. Constantly focused on the task at hand, she will do anything to help her team win, whether by doing it herself or by listening to the input of the group as a whole. She enjoys the company of her friends and will protect them and their reputation with her life. If you dare cross her friends, you better know that you crossed her too.
Will she really make a "perfect leader"? Rather, I feel like she'd be the person who is great at pushing people to their limits and make them take action and realize that they can do stuff... But I think her character would make more sense if she wasn't "listening to the input of the group as a whole" but rather believed that she knew best at most times and maybe sometimes didn't know when she had crossed the line and pushed people too hard. This section of the personality seems to suggest that:
She becomes difficult to deal with, sometimes getting a sense of "overcommitted" when it comes to solving a problem.
Making her passionate, driven, active AND someone who is super protective towards her friends and listens to them rather than being a bit self-absorbed, it kind of sounds a bit Mary Sue to me. Not saying she's a bad character, she'll likely inspire Allison to bloom out, but I'm just saying how I would have tried to make Emily more interesting if she was my creation :3

@ Monster Man (;P;P;P)
I kind of like to try to make things more realistic, since we'll (at least in the beginning) be in the real world first. People don't look like anime characters. But feel free to imagine Allison like this ;D;D Without the freckles and probably with smaller boobs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
shrug

I just think about what would be different if I had made the character :3 Sometimes when you make a character from scratch, you don't see the flaws yourself because you have this idea you're basing the character around. Someone else can butt in and point out the things you happened to be blind to.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Does anyone know any good exercises to really get into character? I have a few but I feel like there dulling on me.

Try imagining tough situations your character could be put in. What would happen if he had to make a tough decision? What if he had to question his beliefs? Heck, even do something simple. Write about how he spends his day. What is his normal day like? Does he seem to stick to a schedule?

@Everyone who applied:

Kiklion and I will be judging them later tonight hopefull!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Name: Desmond Graywood
Home Town: Seattle, Washington
Insignia (Crest): Tenacity
d11aaacf-08e8-4069-8b87-ecb8a9fde49b_zps89906422.png
(Made possible by adventure-heart)
Digivice: Primarily Forest Green, Secondarily Black

Description: Desmond, first and foremost, wears a black cadet cap at all times. There's nothing very special about it, but he likes having something to wear on his head. Secondly, he's usually wearing a combination of green, gray or black. One of his favorite outfits is a long-sleeved, green and black striped shirt with a black scarf, a pair of grey jeans and his signature black shoes. He also wears a black bead bracelet on his right wrist at all times.

Desmond is a 6'2" Caucasian, with toned muscles. He works out fairly often to keep those muscles. His skin is a bit pale, and his hair is short and black. His eyes are sharp, and amber colored. There are scars, here and there on his body, mostly from fights.

Personality: Desmond is a bit of a serious character. He is very compassionate towards his Digimon, Wormmon, but quiet towards other people. He can be cooperative, despite his reluctance to talk to others. Whether working out, playing with Wormmon, or sight seeing around his home of Seattle, he tries to take in the moment. After so many years with a destructive parent, he tries to remove himself from people he sees as "toxic." If not, he becomes very aggressive.

On top of it all, he absolutely detests bullying of any kind, and will get himself into a fight if he sees anything of the sort. His tenacity keeps him from stopping his fighting, only to do what he sees as right. Thus, he's had to be taken to the doctor numerous times by friends of his. He's still respected, despite being a bonehead at very rare times.

History: Desmond was born and raised in Seattle, Washington, and wouldn't have had it either way. Except for the fact that his mother left when he was at a young age. He was left at an orphanage by his father, and never heard from him again. Despite this, he was left in good hands. A relative heard about Desmond's whereabouts, and soon, Desmond had met with his uncle, Alfred. He was a well established businessman, and felt terrible about his brother's son having been left alone. He adopted Desmond, and treated him like his own.

It took Desmond years to feel truly close to Alfred, and even then, had come down with severe depression. Desmond grew up in a well established part of Seattle, having been treated well and having a good life. It was until Desmond was walking home from school, during his middle school days, that he began to appreciate his uncle. He was attacked by a group of classmates that knew of his previous situation. That's when his uncle was nearby, and gave the boys a fierce tongue lashing. It wasn't R-rated, but those boys never bullied a kid again. That's when Desmond and Alfred felt like a real family.

After that moment, Desmond grew up to be a respectable member of the community, helping stop bullying and other threats in his school. Whether in the reasonable, or "non-reasonable" way.

Digimon Partner:

Species: Wormmon

Personality: Wormmon is a bit timid, unlike his partner, but with Desmond at his side, he shares his tenacity and fights for what's right. He likes to explore with mauve (in the cover of night) to see the sights and such. Though, when in his Champion form, he's a fighter just like Desmond. This feeling only gets stronger and stronger with each Digivolution.

Evolutions:
-Baby/Baby I: Leafmon
-In-Training/Baby II: Minomon
-Rookie/Child: Wormmon
-Champion/Adult: Stingmon
-Ultimate/Perfect: JewelBeemon
-Mega/Ultimate: GrandisKuwagamon

RP Sample: From the Pokemon Trainer Academy RP
Spoiler:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@ Lacangel: Declined. For various reasons, we do not believe you are right for this RP.

@ CourageHound: You are declined. You do not meet the standards of our 3-2-1 Rule. In order to elaborate on this, here are some things we've noted:

You say your character is very conservative, and yet he is also indecisive, fickle, and gullible. He also tends to jump from one thing to another. This is very conflicting in our opinions. With all these traits, I would highly doubt he is conservative at all.

You also say he had many things that other kids would trade their piggy bank for and lived very luxuriously, but he is not spoiled. What do you mean this? Isn't being given what they want being spoiled? Expand on this further. We also believe that feeling secluded does not come from moving a lot. It is possible, but not likely. Your character would probably make friends, even if only a small group.

Also, as it seems like he only began playing the guitar at the end of his sophomore year. This hardly gives him enough to time to become an expert, even if he had an affinity for it. Many big time guitarists had to go through years and years of practice to get where they are today, and even then, many of them still try to be better. Audiology also does not really help with his decision to be a musician. Of course, if he had to go to college, I suppose it is okay. Maybe studies in music technology, theory, or composition would be better.

Also, you never clearly stated why he is depressed. You really only said he was and left it at that. EXPLAIN!

@Murkmire: Declined. Tenacity is very similar to perseverance, which has been already taken. He can of course still be tenacious, but maybe make another trait larger. Your character also does not meet the standards of the 3-2-1 Rule.

You also need to write your personality as if he knew about Digimon as he doesn't. It seems to focus on his relationship with Wormmon at parts. You need to expand on his personality a whole lot more. He is also rarely a bonehead, but has been in numerous fights? You have barely any sides to him. Try to make him a real person!

An orphan with a caretaker named Alfred, eh? Sounds a bit familiar, :P. Why is he depressed? We also do not understand why he didn't accept Alfred for so long. He was in his life for its majority. He took care of him like his own child. You would think they would be easier to feel close, particularly since he was at a young age when he was adopted.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
hmmmm oh well gave it my best shot at creating a good SU (: BEST OF LUCK to everyone that is accepted hope the RP goes well (:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@ CourageHound: Will be rejudging sometime later tonight!

@ Chuckles and Retro Bug: Hope you guys are getting your SUs finished up!

@ Everyone: Kiklion and I will be working on the first post hopefully tomorrow! If worse comes to worse, it won't be up until around Wednesday, but be prepared either way!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

TABARI "tate" SALEH
------------------------------
19 // Male // Australia
the crest of ARROGANCE // GREY & WHITE digivice

street-portrait.jpg

Description: Tabari would be described as punk, but don't let him hear you say that. His skin is a milk chocolate brown, hair black and brushed back with razored sides and his eyes a deep brown. His face is long, his eyebrows thick, untrimmed and dark and is semi-shaven, often too lazy to do a clean job. He is lean and carries a little bit of muscle on him (despite how much he says he goes to the gym). He stands at 6'1" (185cm) and weighs just over 80kg (180lbs).

His clothes are mainly skinny jeans and t-shirts, sometimes coupled with ripped denim jackets or leather ones. His shoes are a form of sneaker (either Chuck Taylor's or Vans) and he rarely wears socks because who even cares. Beanies are essential to his image during the Winter and singlets in the summer. His ears have 10mm plugs in them and his left eyebrow is pierced. He wears a black, tied shoelace around his neck with a silver bead linked on it.

Personality: His personality matches how he dresses: punk. He's stubborn, reckless, obnoxious, arrogant, likes to blow stuff up and rage against the machine. He's used to getting his own way and believes that his presence is far more important than anyone else's. He (or his parents at least) have a lot of money and Tabari isn't one to flash it around and let everyone know he's rich, but he's not past bribery or if that doesn't work, threatening. The only person he's not reckless, stupid or arrogant around is his sister; looking after her while his parents were working has given him a protective older brother attitude to her and anyone that reminds Tabari of her.

He likes to keep his friends happy, though he is known to intentionally guilt trip, goad or peer pressure them into joining him or doing what he wants. He doesn't bribe his friends (he doesn't see the point), instead pays for them when it comes to what they do, whether than be destroying old cars or pigging out for lunch. He gets into fights with other kids every now and again, but doesn't hold them personally - the fight seems like a good bit of fun. He's confident in himself and his body and is willing to try anything new, provided it isn't boring or mundane. Chilli flavoured jelly shots? Why not!

Though he does a lot of stupid stuff, Tabari never would intentionally hurt an innocent person with his or his friend's acts of destruction or vandalism. In fact, he would argue against anything that involved getting a random person (or animal) physically hurt or too much affected in anyway. Destroying rickety sheds with nothing in them would be one thing, but to break a kid's tree house would be another. He's morally balanced, and he will tell you that while he's graffiting the side of a train.

He plays guitar or bass (whichever he feels like) in a crappy garage band, enjoys skateboarding and watching really bad B-grade movies.

History: Tabari was born in Australia to a wealthy family. His father was a police officer and his mother a business woman who often travelled from country to country selling things that Tabari had no particular interest in. He and his sister (Aisha, younger by 6 years) either stayed at home with their father or went with her for the holiday, depending how they felt at the time. Money was never an issue for the rest of the family, and Tabari's only with it was how quickly he could spend it.

His school life, despite being in some prestigious school that his parents had enrolled him in, Tabari was a troublemaker and participated in the bare minimum. His grades were enough to let him pass on to the next year and his friends were just as bad as he was. When it came to high school, Tabari insisted on attending a public school, calling private schools a waste of money and space. Though his father and mother were hesitant, Tabari threatened to burn it down if he was made to go back to that school.

He was among his own people and made his closest friends; the rebels, the bogans and the troublemakers. His new friends never found out how rich Tabari was, which suited him fine. He would waste money on illegally purchased alcohol, making sparkler bombs or bonfires and most often than not, paying off the police or getting thrown into juvy for a night before his dad fished him out. Tabari has been pulled over more times than he can count for speeding, but hands over cash instead of his license. Money doesn't always work, and Tabari has a bad habit of waiting for his dad to retrieve him and becoming frustrated when he takes too long. His mother has approached Tabari a number of times to try and teach him how to be a business-man like himself, but he avidly avoids all conversations around business, getting a job or any responsibility or opportunity whatsoever. His father tried once to straighten him out, which failed miserably. He has plenty of time (and money) to waste until he has to start thinking about the rest of his life and Tabari is going to make the most of it.

At the moment, he's currently with his family in Manhattan on a 'holiday' as his mother works out business deals, his father with time off and along for the ride. The hotel won't hold his attention for long though and Tabari will soon find himself outside, getting lost and making trouble.

------------------------------------------------------

Conomon.gif
Kokomon.gif
Lopmon.gif
Toruruiemon.png
Antylamon2.gif
Kerpymon.gif

Conomon >> Kokomon >> Lopmon >> Turuiemon >> Antylamon >> Cherubimon

LOPMON
Female

Personality: Lopmon is often disappointed in Tabari's behaviour, scolding him when he does morally bad things (to which he ignores her). She is kind, gentle and loyal to anyone who she considers a friend. The only trait she seems to share with Tabari is she is as stubborn as he is, insisting on helping others while he insists the exact opposite.

Lopmon dislikes digivolving for the sake of it, prefering on relying on her words before she runs into battle. Her later forms, such as Cherubimon or Antylamon, though can seem scary at times, would never be used as a form of fear. She fights to protect and defend only.

Tabari is never directly rude to Lopmon; she reminds him of his sister too much.

Unique Traits: Lopmon's ears are longer than a regular Lopmon, constantly getting in her face.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back