• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Digimon Adventure: DigiDestined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Basically we're keen for the next chapter/episode/thingy already :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm just gonna be blunt. Can we get to a point where we can meet up with other characters? We've been here for weeks hatching this damn egg. >.<

Yes, I know I've only posted IC once. I can't really think of anything interesting to do. :/

the ic only opened up on the 2nd and you first posted on the 4th. so it's been just over a week. not plural yet. and, i'm not the gm but i would suggest reading through other's posts before giving up so quickly. you can't always rely on the gms to tell you exactly what to post. that's what our imagination is for. i don't even think we're going to move on until we hit rookie like yamagi said, so why don't you write to there first before you begin to lose your way.

besides, i have written in the rules about waiting on RPs to move:

Waiting for a roleplay: If you've joined and the roleplay hasn't started yet, don't pester the Game Master. Be patient and wait for the Game Master to be ready to start. If you must ask, make sure you do so polietly.

Waiting for a player: If a player you have been interacting with suddenly goes inactive, don't freak out yet. Send them a PM or try and get in contact with them. If that fails, contact the Game Master. Never resort to taking control of another's character unless you have the proper permission.[/INDENT]

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Hey guys! So as some of you may have seen the first post is up! All you guys need to do is post your characters getting their Digi-Eggs and then their Digimon getting to rookie. You can do this in as many or as little posts as you want as long as you keep up with the GMs.

As was said before, all you guys need to do is get your Digimon to the Rookie stage. At that point, character interaction will come right away. Don't worry it is coming, just make sure you get to that point! Character interaction is important, but not until you have a sort of foundation for your character by his lonesome, or with his Digimon. You aren't always gonna have someone else!

Also, there seems to be some confusion on the date! It is Saturday March 29th, 2014 in the at about 11-12 a.m.! Please edit if need be!

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Ok, I don't mean to be a jerk about it, and I apologize if that's how I came across.

The reason I join an RPG is for character interaction. If I'm going to be doing stuff by myself, I may as well be writing a fanfiction. There's nothing really for me to do besides having Budmon/Lalamon bounce around and be hyper, and Leo's reactions to it. Which I can do plenty of throughout the RP.

Yes, I haven't read the other posts. I haven't had time, and I can't really react to them anyway, since they don't really affect me...

I get having the foundation and all that, but I don't think it needs to take this many posts. >.< But that's my opinion. You don't need to agree with it.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
If you have a problem with the posting then have your Digimon evolve to Rookie in one post and then wait for us to get the interaction post up. The RP just started, Monster Guy. Don't say "if I'm doing stuff by myself I might as well be writing fanfiction" as if these first couple of post dictate the entire RP.

We haven't been sitting down twiddling our thumbs. Just like you haven't had time to read the other posts (which, I'm sure if you did you could come up with ideas with the other RPers for your characters to talk while you wait (interactions aren't prohibited, you know)) the GMs have had a few other things to do where our posts up right away. You can't participate in the coming posts for the RP if your Digimon isn't up to Rookie, so if you wait to do it because there isn't enough character interaction at the beginning, then we'll all be waiting on you to catch up and there definitely won't be any character interaction then.

Also, like we said, RPers can post as many times as they want to. We're not requesting anyone post as many times as they have, everyone else has done that because they want to post that much. There's no maximum, we aren't waiting for a post count to continue. If you want to get your whole thing done in one post, please do so. This is a very small part of the RP as a whole. As long as you don't do anything crazy it doesn't matter how you get your Digimon to Rookie.

As I believe we've said before, there are no requirements for digivolving so your guys can go to the next level however you want. If you need ideas you can read the other posts or ask the other RPers for help.

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings or issues.

Kikpanther

Years
Nope, no updates that I know of (I haven't really been in the chat sadly <w<).

But I will give an update now! Watchman is a little busy so the post will be postponed for another day or two (sorry!) but it's just about a paragraph or two from completion so once he's done that post will be up! After that post the next one will get the RP train rolling so don't worry about too much extra waiting! ^_^

Kikpanther

Years
Alright guys, our post is up! I know it doesn't make much of a different posting wise for you all (unless you were waiting for an example from us, which I hope you were satisfied). The next post (which will bring us on to step two!) will be up either before this weekend or early next week! :)

Also for all who may be concerned, revlis has been removed from the RP due to creative differences.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay I'll likely just sit and wait then, since my digimon is rookie now at last :3

And wut creative differences... I think I'll just not ask.

Topic for all players: have you tried to give your digimon personalities similar to your human's or different from?

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
Alright guys, our post is up! I know it doesn't make much of a different posting wise for you all (unless you were waiting for an example from us, which I hope you were satisfied). The next post (which will bring us on to step two!) will be up either before this weekend or early next week! :)

Which... is basically just me right? I'll get something up before then, but I can catch up if you end up moving things along. :)

Topic for all players: have you tried to give your digimon personalities similar to your human's or different from?

Similar. The whole point of Leo's character was that I gave him traits that are stereotypically considered feminine. (People still think it's weird if a guy is emotional and likes cute things, but on a girl, this is normal...) That point is made obvious by having a girly a Digimon with a similar personality as his, and a Crest that is usually given to girls. (Everytime Love is a virtue in something, it's always a girl that has it. I wanna see more dudes representing Love!)

Also, confession time. Leo is not a new character I made up for this RP. I have a collection of pre-made characters that I recycle and reuse for everything. I've used him in other Digimon RPs before.

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years

Different: Ahh man, Jun tries so hard to be anti-social. He dislikes the way humanity responds to problems and because of that he strays from them a bit; or the majority of them at least. Coronamon on the other hand is completely different. He charges head-on, acts more than reckless, and is the fieriest being he's ever met. I'm hoping that in the long run it'll rub off on Jun and create something special.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Sorry to bail like this, but I'm afraid I need to pull out of this RP. Things are starting to get super busy IRL and I just don't have the time needed to focus on this one properly. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all have a fun time! :3

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

I tried to give them mostly different personalities. This, at least for me, let's me create more interesting interactions along the way that would both develop the individual characters while helping partner and digimon grow closer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Similar. The whole point of Leo's character was that I gave him traits that are stereotypically considered feminine. (People still think it's weird if a guy is emotional and likes cute things, but on a girl, this is normal...) That point is made obvious by having a girly a Digimon with a similar personality as his, and a Crest that is usually given to girls. (Everytime Love is a virtue in something, it's always a girl that has it. I wanna see more dudes representing Love!)

If you wanted to see more guys with the Love crest, why did you give him stereotypically feminine traits? Love isn't strictly a female emotion, obviously, though lots of people associate it with that. Well, more as a maternal emotion. Having a character who would think Love as a burden would've been a lot more fun. d:

Brother Bear is a good example of Love would do to a stereotypically rougher and masculine character might do. Associating Love with weakness then understanding it means strength. ~character development~

Tabari and Lopmon are completely different. they're meant to be polar opposites! :)

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
If you wanted to see more guys with the Love crest, why did you give him stereotypically feminine traits? Love isn't strictly a female emotion, obviously, though lots of people associate it with that. Well, more as a maternal emotion. Having a character who would think Love as a burden would've been a lot more fun. d:

Brother Bear is a good example of Love would do to a stereotypically rougher and masculine character might do. Associating Love with weakness then understanding it means strength. ~character development~

Tabari and Lopmon are completely different. they're meant to be polar opposites! :)

I'll be honest. When I was younger, I was the guy that played with Barbie dolls over Hot Wheels cars like the other boys, I preferred the cuter Pikachu while the other boys liked Charizard, and I preferred Britney Spears when the other boys liked rap and rock music. I got a lot of crap about this when I was younger too. It's something of myself I put in so I can relate to my character. I also hate how "girly" is viewed as weak by people, (read someone that's not constantly complaining about it for the entirety, and only learns their lesson towards the end. It gets irritating to read after a while...) and I wanted something different.

I get the point your trying to make here, and it's a good one, but that's not the kind of story I want to tell. The comparison I would use would be... Anna from Frozen. xD They're both kind of clueless when it comes to what Love actually means (at the beginning.) Everything Leo knows about Love comes from Fairy Tales.

I saw that movie a loooong time ago. (When the first digit of my age was a 1. xD) I forgot all about that.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

:O I love Brother Bear!! My second favorite movie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back