• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Series 6

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    First off: I edited my post for a reason. Yes, I originally thought Disney dubbed it. Then I did a bit of research and found that it was, in fact, Studiopolis.

Second: Toei does not dub anime. They produce them, yes. But they are not involved in the dubbing process at all.

Now then, let's get back on topic, shall we?
    Toei handled all of the localization involved in the dubbing, things like changing the names of characters and the series itself, that was all Toei and they personally okayed the voice actors. They had a bigger role in the dubbing of Savers than with any other series. I recall someone working on the dub, Nimoy, I think, who said Toei basically controlled the dubbing process outside of the scripts he wrote. Of course I could totally be remembering that last bit wrong, but I know for certain that things like name changes all around were because of Toei.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • If there really is going to be only one main human character, then I'll be less optimistic about this season than I was about Frontier and the whole humans-into-digimon thing. If they remove the team aspect of the show, it'll pretty much get rid of one of the show's few remaining graces: the character dynamics. I don't see how they'll pull this off if the above speculation is correct.

Of course, at this point, it is still speculation. All we have to go on is one early picture, which is hardly anything to derive certainties from. Also:

Ryoutarou said:
    Essentially once known as Digimon Around, and now simply Shin Digimon, which is a title that will likely change, the new series will start this summer.
    My knowledge of Japanese is next to non-existent, but I'm pretty sure "Shin Digimon" just means "New Digimon." I don't think anyone's claiming that's the title of the series. If the title actually ends up being "Digimon Around," I hope the future American distributor finds a better one.

Going by the picture, I'm not optimistic about this one, but then again, I hadn't been optimistic about any of the Digimon seasons that followed Adventure 02, and none of them were all that bad. (Tamers was actually my favorite.) I'll still watch this new one, of course.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Tengen Toppa WarGreymon!

If only. :'D

Anyways, I don't know how I feel about the single character approach. Of course, they could have just not conceived other characters yet so they're only showcasing one for now, but I feel the cast should definitely consist of more than one human / Digidestined for me to even bother giving it a glance.

I feel exactly the same. I really hope they don't go with a single human compared to a team. I also don't like the whole idea of several Digimon merging into one. I liked the 2 Digimon merging into one back in the day, but more than that... meh. Either way, I hope it's better than the last season. I watched one episode and couldn't continue any further. :/

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Woot, new Digimon series.

I actually am not keen on the single protagonist thing either, so let's hope that the speculation isn't true. Aside from that, the character design looks better than the last few seasons. However, I must say that I don't really like the look of the new Digimon. If this series can get anywhere close to the awesomeness Zero-Two was, I'll be happy.

MAN, those Digimon are weird -_-

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • EDIT:
    I say this as a fan of the series since the beggening, but its gone downhill since the end of Tamers IMO
    Whaaaat!? How about Frontiers!? It's my favorite season. The fifth season is just, too, and disturbingly weird.

It's too bad there's only one protagonist. Who is he going to talk to? I'm sure talking to Digimons can only be entertaining to a certain extent. I mgiht give it a try, since I'm posting this after I watched 2 movies of Digimon Tamers 02 on Cartoon Network.

Blazaking

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Well, finally. I had been waiting on a new series for like ever... I stopped watching after Frontier, so I hope this one turns out nice.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Funny, I'm re-watching Digimon Frontier randomly right now. :3
    (Why do people hate Digimon Frontier so much? It's an okay series IMO, save of some parts that irked me, like Takuya's seiyuu, why did it have to be NARUTO out of all people...)

The main guy looks okay, he retained the goggle feature, but WHAT is that Digimon over there? It looks ugly ~

And is it me or am I getting the Power Rangers/Tengen Toppa vibe from this series? O_O Really...

Years
  • Honestly for you calling season 6 power rangers, how can you not call season 4 power rangers?
    10 spirits = rangers
    beast spirits = zords
    combination spirits = megazord
    susanoomon = Ultra mega megazord lol

ALSO
    Season 6 is also power rangers for their literal megazord

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ...where are people getting the idea that this thing is a robot? As far as I know, it's just an Omnimon type Digimon to a further extent.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I haven't been liking Digimon at all recently. I am a huge fan of the second season due to the pure... lol, sadness of it, I suppose. After the 4th season, it got really dumb, IMO. I am not really excited for the new season. I actually think the second season ended way too happily. It was never continued. Why not continue it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's about ten years too late to continue it, with a franchise like this, the financially wise move is to start fresh.

Years
  • I am a very big fan of digimon(maybe even more than pokemon) and to hear about a six series makes me over excited. It's common misconseption by many that digimon is a ripoff of pokemon(which is very well not).
    It's still too early with little info right now to tell what really the new series all about.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Click.

The series is called Digimon Cross Wars, the kid is Taiki Kudo, and this will be the first Digimon series not to air on Fuji TV or have the same time slot the previous five series had.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Dangit, someone beat me to making this topic, oh well......

...my thoughts exactly >_>;

I'm not to sure what I think about this yet...but what the heck, it's Digimon, they can't do it wrong *inb4FrontierorSavers*. I'll only be watching the subs, though. Disney failed with Frontier and slaughtered Savers-I mean, Data Squad.

Edit: My bad, Studiopolis, not Disney.

Agreed, they totaly mutilated Savers/Data Squad with the horror that is....... Citramon, I mean seriously, why turn a digimon in the style of a classic cartoon bomb into a freaking ORANGE!? C'mon, even 4Kids could do better than an orange, hell, they probably would skip the episode entirely considering what 4Kids did to One Piece, while Savers/Data Squad was not the worst anime dub out there (I'm looking at you 4Kids), Data Squad only censored a few things, and did not go insane like what 4Kids does to all of it's anime, in fact, unlike 4Kids, Savers/Data Squad kept the storyline the same as the Japanese version, just with name changes, minor censors, and the God-awful abomination known as Citramon, other than that, it was pretty good, the theme song was the best part though.......

I just hope they don't screw over Cross Wars dub like they did with the above seasons dub.......

Whaaaat!? How about Frontiers!? It's my favorite season. The fifth season is just, too, and disturbingly weird.

I'm guessing you do not remember the second half of Tamers, well known to induce nightmares to children everywhere, including me.....

It's too bad there's only one protagonist. Who is he going to talk to? I'm sure talking to Digimons can only be entertaining to a certain extent. I mgiht give it a try, since I'm posting this after I watched 2 movies of Digimon Tamers 02 on Cartoon Network.

But that's because not much information has been revealed about Cross Wars yet,as more information will be revealed, yeah, we will probably see more characters appear.......

Last edited:

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • what if 4kids dubbed this probarly it will had crap opening theme and removing violence scene/episode I kinda perfer japanese version I rather choose funimation dub this

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I just hope they don't screw over Cross Wars dub like they did with the above seasons dub.......
    I'm more worried about what the Japanese are going to do with it.

Going by the images I've seen so far, I see no reason to be optimistic about the original version's quality whatsoever. The monster designs are way worse than they used to be, the formula they've used to design main characters is so overdone it's sad (and I thought they were starting to kick that problem with Savers, but oh well), and we have yet to see other humans. They're giving me the impression that these other digimon are supposed to be a sort of replacement for a proper team of chosen children/digi-destined/kids with trading cards who found digimon/DATS members/whatever. If that's really the case, then I'd say they've forgotten a good part of what made the show mildly successful in the first place.

And you know what? I bet the animation's going to start being cheap as dirt again like it was before Savers. I've got no real evidence for that, it's just a feeling.

Back