• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon vs Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    its not about collection, it was abused by pokemon usa to make money

pokemon season 1 > whole digimon anime

Oh really? Then how do you explain Pokemon being a boring, dragged out anime while Digimon was exciting and entertaining throughout all 5 seasons?

its rip off :D btw pokemon anime ownes digimon

its not rip :D btw digimon anime ownes pokemon

pikachu is more cuter than any digimon

Get over it, Pikachu isn't that cute at all.

who watches pokemon doesnt complain about its formula coz its pokemon, the only good thing that happened in season 5 is that misty is gone, it was an important amendment.

I watched Pokemon and found it severely flawed in story and characters. Misty happended to be one of the best.

really wtf is this ****
    digimonDOTwikiaDOTcom/wiki/Andromon (half robot half mutant)
    digimonDOTwikiaDOTcom/wiki/GranLocomon (a speaking train)

If they were Pokemon you'd think they were the best Pokemon ever made.

they all are called -mon

Pocket Monster - Pokemon
    Digital Monster - Digimon.

That's how they're both romanised

digimon . wikia . com/wiki/Patamon

yeah a flying guinea pig

You really think that's stupid compared to the 493 Pokemon? Not one Pokemon is worse? What the hell is wrong with you?

u never were pokemon fan,

What a shame.

ITS RIP OFF

LIKE HELL!

kids shouldnt fear the death nor should they know what it is,

And yet they do. Death is shown in Pokemon too.

design of pikachu(or sparky) ownes whole digiworld, btw i saw a charmander in digimon

they copy pokemon

Lol. Effing. No.

animals cant also speak, its not realistic to speak on human language. cat also cant speak muuuuh

DIGITAL ****ING MONSTER!!! They aren't 'real world' animals. They are data. They should have the capacity for speech.

pokemon is better get over it

RIP OFF!

IT'S FREAKING NOT!

no
    they are bad styled, have the common anime style and dont look even realistic, pokemon has its own style

Have you even bothered WATCHING Pokemon? The art style isn't perfect you know. Digimon's animation surpasses it greatly.

nobody needs to know who is dead

...Wha?

pokemon is still more popular than simpsons and digimon

Digimon, maybe. But the Simpsons? Get your head sorted out. Please.

btw its rip off

rip of rip off rip off, rip off at its finest

Well, if it was exactly the same as Pokemon, your argument would be valid. But do you know what destroys your argument utterly?
    Digimon. Is. Not. A. Rip off.

サトヒロ=カノン

◄ASH&RITCHIE TOGETHER FOREVER►
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    Oh really? Then how do you explain Pokemon being a boring, dragged out anime while Digimon was exciting and entertaining throughout all 5 seasons?

pokemon owns every anime (hahah²)

I watched Pokemon and found it severely flawed in story and characters. Misty happended to be one of the best.

no ritchie was the best, misty is like an error that has menstruation issues.

https://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Andromon
    its a copy of robocop

most digimon are copies of pokemon

Pocket Monster - Pokemon

to name them -mon shows that producers didnt fear to be called copier coz its a copy

What a shame.

why dont u have this guinea pig in ur avatar if u prefer digimon

f
    i never saw any dead or soembody about to die, team rocket always flies without parachutes and they arent dead

Lol. Effing. No.

they copied robocop, and even a locomotive and palkia and dialga and all in the same mon

DIGITAL ****ING MONSTER!!! They aren't 'real world' animals. They are data. They should have the capacity for speech.

digimon is also not a real world? its like matrix? who is neo

Have you even bothered WATCHING Pokemon? The art style isn't perfect you know. Digimon's animation surpasses it greatly.

pokemon graphics and design will always be better than digimon's, digimon's design is like any other anime's that ran in 2003 on german tv at afternoon(...chin chan)

simpsons is just some old fashioned show that will surely die after some yrs

simpsons can suck something, simpsons is a racist, mutated(4 fingers), inappropriate show, if i would be the president i would cancel it until it would remove the yellow color, but coz that would never happen they would just stop to produce and so i won again

Yes yes, it's really sad that a Digimon killed your family. You don't have to hate on everybody that likes the series and bring up ridiculously stupid and incorrect arguments for that.

i didnt say this, ur jealous for not being a pokémon fan like every other, you are mad because youve found out that digimon is rip off :P

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    サトヒロ=カノン, you seem to be under the impression that the depiction of death is a bad thing. Why? It's an important thing to address and discuss, and in any fictional work, the situation is given more gravitas when death is involved. Pokemon don't die in the games for a very specific reason; that is, Satoshi Tajiri didn't want the children playing the games to have any misconceptions about it, since the gameplay relies on being able to revive your party upon defeat. Note that it WASN'T done to shelter children from the concept of death, as death is present even in Pokemon's earliest incarnations (Lavender Town). I can't speak for the anime, having not watched it in over five years, but death is a theme present in Pokemon. You're just plain ignorant if you believe otherwise.

Now. Digimon is not a rip off of Pokemon. The two franchises have exactly three things in common:
    -The title.
    -They both involve monsters.
    -Their monsters can change form as they grow stronger

These are good surface reasons for your arguments, but crumble when examined up close. Many Japanese productions involve monsters, for example; by your logic, Pokemon itself is a "ripoff" of any number of past productions. In addition, these monsters differ wildly from franchise to franchise. Digimon are very different creatures (if you can call them that; as mentioned above, they are data, hence the ability to speak and whatnot. They're essentially computer programs, living in a digital world existing parallel to ours), despite having the ability to grow and change form as well. Look through the designs of Digimon. They have stranger, wilder, and sometimes even more vulgar designs. Pokemon are strictly child-oriented, and thus even the design aesthetic doesn't match, which is an important point. If something is a ripoff, it has to be visually similar. Never mind that the art styles are wildly different, the Digimon themselves look absolutely nothing like Pokemon (many, for example, are human-based, something that no Pokemon is). In addition, the approach that each franchise takes to the depiction of these monsters is completely different; one might even say they're polar opposites, as the point of Pokemon is to capture, train, and battle with as many as possible, whereas Digimon serve as lone partners to a single human child, aiding them in combat but never being replaced. The Chosen Children (or Digidestined) of Digimon are not collecting the monsters they encounter, as the monsters are only ever rarely animals and are more often intelligent beings themselves, and instead serve to act as aides and guardians of their human charge. And let's not forget Digimon Frontier, which has its human cast as the Digimon themselves. How you could even begin to pass that up as a ripoff is completely beyond me.

Perhaps, then, you may say that "digivolution" is the concept that shows Digimon's true colors as a ripoff. It's even called evolution itself in Japanese! However, it's important to note that a Digimon's evolution is very different from a Pokemon's. In Pokemon, a fairly big deal is made out of evolution being a permanent change. It's the reason (if I recall correctly) that Ash doesn't evolve his Pikachu, Charmander becomes something wholly different when evolved, and items exist solely to prevent it from happening. In Digimon, however, the change is temporary nearly 100% of the time, and occurs in different ways and for different reasons than the evolution of Pokemon (which is generally just depicted as a natural growth thing; digimon evolve as a means to protct their child charges).

I'm not even going to address the title argument. It's shallow, and, quite frankly, it's idiotic. But please do note that in Japan, Pokemon is almost entirely known as Pocket Monsters, and Digimon just as Digimon. The similarities aren't anywhere near as blatant as they are over here.

If you don't like Digimon based on personal opinion, hey, whatever, good for you. But it is not a ripoff, and you are actually one of the very few people out there who still believe as such. I personally enjoy the animated productions of Digimon more, because I feel they tackle their themes in a more mature way than Pokemon (and certainly in a mature way for a children's show), take more risks, and are far less formulaic...but then again, how could you know that? I'm getting the feeling that you actually haven't seen Digimon at all, as your argument has been based entirely around the most shallow of similarities that fall to pieces after watching even the first episode of the first Digimon series ever produced.

Last edited:

Finnel

Years
    i didnt say this, ur jealous for not being a pokémon fan like every other, you are mad because youve found out that digimon is rip off :P
    I like how you accuse me of saying you're something you never said you was, then you go right ahead and do the same thing.

Nevermind that I have Pokémon in my signature and avatar and that the only thing similar between Digimon and Pokémon is that they both have monsters that can grow. Yeah, you're very right. I'm just jealous because... I'm jealous.

You know what you remind me of? An obsessive Twilight fangirl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

its a copy of robocop

Pocket Monster - Pokemon

to name them -mon shows that producers didnt fear to be called copier coz its a copy

What a shame.

why dont u have this guinea pig in ur avatar if u prefer digimon

fi never saw any dead or soembody about to die, team rocket always flies without parachutes and they arent dead

Lol. Effing. No.

they copied robocop, and even a locomotive and palkia and dialga and all in the same mon

pokemon graphics and design will always be better than digimon's, digimon's design is like any other anime's that ran in 2003 on german tv at afternoon(...chin chan)

simpsons can suck something, simpsons is a racist, mutated(4 fingers), inappropriate show, if i would be the president i would cancel it until it would remove the yellow color, but coz that would never happen they would just stop to produce and so i won again

I lulzed at this post.

Get over it, kid. Digmon-Is-Not-A-Rip-Off.

And Simpsons? Read the title, this a "Pokemon vs. Digimon" not "Pokemon vs. Digimon vs.Simpsons", it's not even a japanese show. >.>

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    How so? Many people here didn't like the Pokemon anime. Plus, if you look around many people's sigs and avatars, half of the people here are interested in other anime.

An error that has menstruation issues? O.o Yeah, she has anger problems, but she has developed later on in the show.
    its a copy of robocop

Well, Pokemon also based their designs on a lot of animals, myths, objects, etc.

f[/B]i never saw any dead or soembody about to die, team rocket always flies without parachutes and they arent dead
    Actually, have you seen the first Pokemon movie? Ash died. Yes, he did come back to life, but the point I'm trying to make is there is death in Pokemon, both in games and anime.

First two seasons, yeah Digimon are not really in the real world but in the digital world. And it's not actually like the Matrix. The Matrix is moreso like you would be in a virtual world with helmets, goggles, someone looking over the computer, the works (at least from what I remember watching the last two movies recently). In Digimon the kids have to use whatever digial devices they have to enter the digital world and disappear from the real world. However, in Tamers the Digimon are in the real world, but later the digital world is introduced.

Liked I said before, yes Simpsons has lost its spark but it's still going strong and will be for a while longer. Also, the jokes might be inappropriate at times, but I wouldn't call it racist.

Well, Kenta-kun said it perfectly on your predicament without getting mad at you. It does seem you're only one of few people that still believe Digimon is a rip off without giving it a second chance. I'm not saying to like it but to be more open minded about Digimon. After giving it a chance, then you can make more intelligent arguments as to why Pokemon is better than Digimon and vice versa. Also, sorry about this, but I just want to at least argue on your points in a friendly manner and without letting my frustration get the best out of me.

As for me, in anime terms I already mention I like Digimon better because the shows have better action, plot, and characters. Also the themes are a bit more darker tone. I don't mind Pokemon's childish themes too much, but I guess I like how the show is willing to take a risk to tackle some themes not too many children shows would go through.

In terms of games, can't really say. Never really played the Digimon games, though I might one days. I can say though I enjoyed playing the Pokemon games a lot and that each new game is refreshing and interesting in their own right.

Can we go card games too? XD; I actually tried to play the Digimon card games long, long ago, but I remember thinking it was far more complex than the Pokemon card games. XD

Last edited:

サトヒロ=カノン

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    An error that has menstruation issues? O.o Yeah, she has anger problems, but she has developed later on in the show.

she is a closet bisexual(tomboyish), she is confused and needs help, she has a teenager crisis(like brock),if she liked ash then she could somehow tell this but she was mentally instable
    Actually, have you seen the first Pokemon movie? Ash died. Yes, he did come back to life, but the point I'm trying to make is there is death in Pokemon, both in games and anime.

i meant anime series, movies dont count

Liked I said before, yes Simpsons has lost its spark but it's still going strong and will be for a while longer. Also, the jokes might be inappropriate at times, but I wouldn't call it racist.

racist is coz caucasians are represented with yellow skin, i dont really count it as racist but i saw asians there and they had white skin, and asians and caucasians have the same skin but in simpsons caucasians are yellow, matt groening is ashamed to be a caucasian, he said that he made them yellow to make ppl think that their tv is broken but people arent dumb, nobody would believe it.
    Well, Kenta-kun said it perfectly on your predicament without getting mad at you. It does seem you're only one of few people that still believe Digimon is a rip off without giving it a second chance. I'm not saying to like it but to be more open minded about Digimon. After giving it a chance, then you can make more intelligent arguments as to why Pokemon is better than Digimon and vice versa. Also, sorry about this, but I just want to at least argue on your points in a friendly manner and without letting my frustration get the best out of me.

pokemon is not like any other anime, its like a lifestyle, pokemon changes lives and i dont need any other anime

As for me, in anime terms I already mention I like Digimon better because the shows have better action, plot, and characters. Also the themes are a bit more darker tone. I don't mind Pokemon's childish themes too much, but I guess I like how the show is willing to take a risk to tackle some themes not too many children shows would go through.

u never understood pokemon

Bay

Years
    Again, I feel some points aren't valid, but I'm trying to point them out in a friendly manner, so don't take them the wrong way, please. ^^;

she is a closet bisexual(tomboyish), she is confused and needs help, she has a teenager crisis(like brock),if she liked ash then she could somehow tell this but she was mentally instable
    Tomboyish doesn't mean bisexual. It just means you're more into things males are usually interested in (which doesn't include women) like sports and cars. I admit, it's been a while since I saw the old episodes of the show, but I don't think she's that unstable. Heck, many cartoons and anime have characters like that for comic relief (not that I'm saying she's there for comic relief). I'm fine if you don't like Misty, but I'm not so sure if you saying she's mentally stable is valid argument.

Movies count in my book. Also the anime series did feature death. In fact, I remember Ash "died" and was a ghost for a while in the episode where he's trying to get a ghost Pokemon at this haunted mansion so that he can beat Sabrina.

racist is coz caucasians are represented with yellow skin, i dont really count it as racist but i saw asians there and they had white skin, and asians and caucasians have the same skin but in simpsons caucasians are yellow, matt groening is ashamed to be a caucasian, he said that he made them yellow to make ppl think that their tv is broken but people arent dumb, nobody would believe it.
    Never heard of that. Can you prove it with a link (preferably not Wikipedia for oblivious reasons)?

pokemon is not like any other anime, its like a lifestyle, pokemon changes lives and i dont need any other anime
    Not so sure how the anime is able to change lives, to be honest. It's a good show, but not sure that it's that mind blowing and able to do that. Many people here stated their reasons why they prefer the Digimon anime is most of the time it's the same thing: Ash and company are going through their journey, but then get held up by Team Rocket. They then battle them and Team Rocket is blasted off. There's not too many themes to by that except maybe sometimes teamwork, growth, and friendships. Even those are shown once in a while. Also, not going to force you to check out another anime if you don't want to, but I still think you should be opened mind that there's a whole new world out there in terms of media entertainment instead of just the Pokemon anime.

Liked I said before, I understand some of the themes of the anime are teamwork, growth, and friendships. However, those themes aren't shown that often.

Look, I just state I prefer the Digimon anime. I do like the Pokemon anime, I really do, but I prefer the Digimon anime for the reasons I stated. There's nothing wrong with that. Also, there's more to Pokemon than the anime. There's also the video games, the trading cards, and the manga. Seems like you're only arguing the Pokemon anime is the best thing ever. I'm not going to make you change that mentality, but please respect that not everyone likes the Pokemon anime and saying they don't understand Pokemon. They might not like the anime, but they might another Pokemon media.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I really can't decide if this guy's trolling or just plain retarded. But... I guess I might as well...

Bisexual's and tomboys are two completely different things. A tomboy is a girl who dresses and speaks in a more masculine form. A bisexual is a person who finds both sexes equally attractive. And if Misty is in denial about loving Ash, that doesn't make her mentally unstable.

Why? Because it completely blows your argument into bits?

... You can't be this stupid, can you?

Oh yes, that's right. After I watched Pokemon I stopped being a delinquent and became a very famous and well respected member of society. All through Pokemon.
    And since I doubt you can tell, it's called sarcasm.

*GASP* He WHAT?!?! Never understood Pokemon?! That heathen! How dare he not know how to understand little monsters fighting for the entertainment of people who love watching little animals struggle!

I lulzed at this post.

Get over it, kid. Digmon-Is-Not-A-Rip-Off.

And Simpsons? Read the title, this a "Pokemon vs. Digimon" not "Pokemon vs. Digimon vs.Simpsons", it's not even a japanese show. >.>

I don't blame you. But he''s horrendously misinformed on Digimon AND the Simpsons, and since he brought it up...

I have a suggestion for ya サトヒロ=カノン: WATCH Digmon instead of making up a whole load of bullcrap.

サトヒロ=カノン

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    Never heard of that. Can you prove it with a link (preferably not Wikipedia for oblivious reasons)?
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons#Gelbe_Hautfarbe_und_vier_Finger

not in english

Not so sure how the anime is able to change lives, to be honest. It's a good show, but not sure that it's that mind blowing and able to do that. Many people here stated their reasons why they prefer the Digimon anime is most of the time it's the same thing: Ash and company are going through their journey, but then get held up by Team Rocket. They then battle them and Team Rocket is blasted off. There's not too many themes to by that except maybe sometimes teamwork, growth, and friendships. Even those are shown once in a while. Also, not going to force you to check out another anime if you don't want to, but I still think you should be opened mind that there's a whole new world out there in terms of media entertainment instead of just the Pokemon anime.

u never understood pokemon so it cant change ur life

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5118210&postcount=29

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ya...i'm going to close this because it's starting to get out of hand now...

also, out of boredom, and fun
    who watches pokemon doesnt complain about its formula coz its pokemon, the only good thing that happened in season 5 is that misty is gone, it was an important amendment.
    By this argument, Power Rangers is THE BEST television show ever, and since (assuming) Pokemon > all other anime, Power Rangers absolutely obliterates all anime. GO GO POWER RANGERS! *cued explosion with pose as the explosion hits the thread and closes it*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back