• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Digimon Your Digital Dream[NEW VERSION 2.0 AVAILABLE!]

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Hey dydd90,

I know it is hard to say when something might be completed or still has a long way to go but I thought I might just ask: is there any time frame that you are aware of in which you might have this next beta complete? Would you say it is closer to 1 week? A month? 3 months? Just something say my mind has an idea. Appreciate it and thanks ahead of time.

- Cergey

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Asking about release dates is against the rules, Cergey. Don't do it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I don't think I mentioned this yet, but during a quick play through to explore the Terriermon line, Rapidmon's Speed Boost didn't work. I don't get why that would be - the same ability definitely works for Flymon.

Years
  • So, this is a question that's probably already been answered, but I can't find it. Where do you go to exchange party members when you have more than 6 mons? o3o

EDIT:: Nevermind, found the PC.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2015
    Maybe Rapidmon's speed boost was a copy paste and its really another ability maybe? That's what it sounds like to me. They probably copy/pasted it and forgot to change the name

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    Afraid not, this is not a patch for a Rom this is an entirely new game so I very much doubt any type of mobile would be able to play it. (Unless you count a laptop)
    that is jsut plain wrong. you can play almost all rpg maker games on mobile phones (android) by now.
    Sure its not always perfect but it works.

rpg maker 2k/3 - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.easyrpg.player
    or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sweetier.mrpg2kplayer
    Rpg maker XP - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kernys.rgss
    Vx - sadly not possible
    vx ace - there exist an offical piece of software that allos the games to be portet to android.

edit: i dont know if this game will work through

Years
  • Hi guys :)
    Just uploaded the Demo 1.3, we fixed some small errors, add walls on the interior maps (now they look better), improved the Numemon on the vending machine scene, now it has more sense and you can finally trade a Numemon for Tyrannomon with the guy on the Market...
    We are still working on the NEW release but please guys be patient. One more thing, we want let you know that we read all your comments, and your suggestion to improve the game are really helpful. Thank you again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Hi guys :)
    Just uploaded the Demo 1.3, we fixed some small errors, add walls on the interior maps (now they look better), improved the Numemon on the vending machine scene, now it has more sense and you can finally trade a Numemon for Tyrannomon with the guy on the Market...
    We are still working on the NEW release but please guys be patient. One more thing, we want let you know that we read all your comments, and your suggestion to improve the game are really helpful. Thank you again.

Sweet! Gonna marathon a new game to see the Numemon scene and see what I can do. Shall I get a Tyrannomon? If I do, will the new game stick?

EDIT: I said it once before, but the nasty rival (Thomas or... Julie, was it?) has a serious power gap. Thomas in particular, he's so hard. Gaomon with Gao Rush and Muscle Charge? I'm trying out Lalamon while exploring Numemon changes. WTF, this is even harder than Ogremon! Just, no. Gaomon is much harder than Biyomon as a rival's starter, and there's too little grinding in the forest, lest you find a whole bunch of Veggiemon. Sure, I'm trying to rush through to test things out, but Gaomon >> Biyomon. (Idk if ">>" is a common symbol or only in my hard science field. Means "much, much greater than. Like how an Ultimate stands no chance against a Mega).

EDIT: Found an error. After you trade Numemon for Tyrannomon, the Kokatorimon trade doesn't work. I tried, and got a pretty complex error message before my game crashed. I've attached the full error.

Last edited:

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • Juravski, usually shoutmon can combine with the other 2 rookies that go with it. Dorulumon and Balistamon. They Digifusde together to form Shoutmonx2 and x3. Those are really powerful when compared to the slandered champion digimon.

xArc_Knightx

PokéBiologist
    Years
  • Hey there dydd!
    I just booted up the newest version of the game and i found some broken collision in the walls.
    EC8G9a5.png

You can go Left and up from the digimushroom there and end up on the edge of the map and behind the building where theirs trees.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    Hi, I think this is a fantastic game, I'm really enjoying it so far. I especially like the various attack animations, the multiple possible digivolutions, the digivolving screen and music and especially that you've included the digimon's signature attacks. I also enjoyed picking my starter, I got Terriermon and didn't even have to lie to get him! I'm looking forward to future releases.

As a suggestion, if you are thinking of including the TM system in the game you could style them after the Digimodify cards in the Digimon Tamers series where I recall them being used to give the digimon wings, super speed and an ice breath attack among other things. Or after the legendary Digimemory things in Xros Wars to teach digimon other digimon's signature attacks, although I think you are using that for the catching system already.

I've come across a few errors, nothing terrible though. There are various spelling a grammar mistakes which I assume will be fixed eventually. Unless they are deliberately misspelled Gotsumon's 'Tremar' move should be spelt 'Tremor' and Kabuterimon learned a move called 'Mass Morp' which I assume should be 'Mass Morph' and if it is it might make more sense as 'Morph Mass' since I guess it means he is changing his shape or size to increase his special defence.

During the rival fight, just outside of the Botamon Village, I defeated his Gaomon by confusing him. So his Gaomon went first in the round and knocked itself out. I was then prompted to switch digimon and he sent out his Gotsumon. Before anything else happened my Floramon used Absorbing which was the command I had selected for it before Gaomon knocked itself out. The battle then continued as normal.

My Geckomon was put to sleep by a wild Otamamon's Lullaby Bubble move. As he has the Soundproof ability I think he should have been immune to Lullaby Bubble?

When your following digimon digivolves to a new form, it displays the old form sprite on the field map until you switch digimon or send it away and call it back again with the Ctrl button.

There are several places where you can walk that you probably shouldn't be able to like where xArc_Knightx has shown. Another notable one is that you can walk through most of the walls of the inside of the Digital Dream Building. Using this and attempting to leave through the west exit, blocked off by security guard NPCs, gives the screen a pink tinge. You can also use the fishing rod to fish on the wooden bridge tiles in the Demi Lake.

On the subject of fishing and I don't know if this just hasn't been added yet, both in Demi Lake and the water to the right of the Digital Dream Building, I have never gotten an encounter, only ever the 'not even a nibble' message.

I once had the game crash, it was a random encounter with a Gotsumon, I had a Bearmon sent out I then received an error message which I forgot to record and the game quit. It hasn't happened again.

I really like the Numemon for Tyrannomon trade event. However my initial reaction was that it was an error, perhaps the dialogue of the NPC before the trade could be made to be a bit more suspicious? After the trade he says he's leaving however he stopped at the door and didn't actually leave. I also get the same error message and game crash as Ambushwhack when I tried the Kokatorimon trade (I didn't have a Kokatorimon in the party).

I agree that the rival battle and Ogremon are a bit too powerful. In order to beat both I lucked out because they kept raising their attack stat then knocked themselves out because I had confused them, leading to the Lv11 Gaomon knocking out most of my party but being beaten by a Lv2 Floramon. I think the rival could stay the same if there was more available to do and train up with before fighting him. But Ogremon immediately after the Shamanmon fight was a bit much.

It might be worth considering adding Wind as a secondary type to Terriermon and Gargomon. As a Terriermon he learns TERRIER TORNADO but it is only barely stronger than Sonic Jab, because Sonic Jab has STAB, and yet it's a more inaccurate move. I haven't gotten a Rapidmon yet so I don't know what he's like.

I'd also question M-Betamon's typing as Water/Thunder since he digivolves to MoriShellmon who is Nature/Ground, which is a complete change in typing and probably not what the player was expecting when they chose a M-Betamon as one of their party pokemon. Especially if the intention is to make the normal Betamon a Water/Thunder type too.

I hope that information is helpful. And my team at the moment is:

Lv17 Gargomon
    Lv16 Geckomon
    Lv16 Ninjamon
    Lv16 Kuwagamon
    Lv17 Grizzmon
    Lv17 Togemon

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Good Luck with this! I'm really looking forward to this game.. Quick question won't you use tilesets of other digimon games or is that a no go?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Oh, that's good, where can I find Dorulumon?

It's not in beta 1. If you look at the first page, there's a list of Digimon available in the beta. No Dorulumon. Or Ballistamon. Yeah, Shoutmon is pretty underpowered in the beta. Hopefully beta 2 lets you Digifuse/Digi Xros pretty early in the new part, so Shoutmon doesn't fall behind. Or if it takes longer, give him more power.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I think Aruraumon might be my new favourite just because of its awesome in-battle sprite (that would normally be a back sprite). In general I really like that you've picked the more action like poses for the back sprites, it helps to give the battles a left-right feel instead of the usual Pokemon forward facing battle.

I managed to recreate the crash I had, it happens if you press the digimon follower button, Ctrl or Alt Gr, as you enter a battle. The game crashes and you get this error message:

Script 'Following Pokemon' line 134: No Method Error Occurred.
    undefined method 'addUserAnimation' for nil: NilClass

In fact pressing Ctrl or Alt Gr during battle can cause a whole range of glitches including hanging battle animations, removing the background, shifting the digimon sprites down and to the right and cutting short attacks (Meaning if you really wanted you can skip the opponents move if you have the faster digimon.)

Also my Level 16 Aruraumon digivolved into a Zassomon but fell to Level 13. Zassomon and Renamon don't have abilities.

Really looking forward to the next beta and being able to check out some ultimate level digimon, thanks for making this.

Years
  • Guys just uploaded a new version. We tried to follow your suggestions (some changes will be made in the future).

-Now you cant walk everywhere in the interior walls :3c
    -Fixed the broken collision near the waterfall in the Digital Dream area
    -Fixed Kokatorimon trade
    -Now the level of Biyomon's Rival is 12 (i hope this made the battle more difficult)
    -Now it's easy to get the "Worst Digivolution" like Numemon, Roachmon, Vegiemon etc..
    -Added Ability Owntempo to Renamon and Gluttony and Moxie to Zassomon
    -Now you can fish again

Guys thank you for your support to the game :)

Last edited:
    Back