• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
You mean the game sprites? Except for GSC, where it was indeed a Lapras, it's always been a whale-thing. And well yeah, now in Kalos, you can actually ride on the back of your Lapras, but not other Water-types. Maybe that's gonna change in the next game though, if you check bulbapedia's Surf page, it seems like many of the tinier Pokemon can't learn Surf anymore, so they might be preparing to have all the Pokemon shown when using it outside of battle. Can't see Azurill and Froakie carrying a human across the sea though {XD}

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
You mean the game sprites? Except for GSC, where it was indeed a Lapras, it's always been a whale-thing. And well yeah, now in Kalos, you can actually ride on the back of your Lapras, but not other Water-types. Maybe that's gonna change in the next game though, if you check bulbapedia's Surf page, it seems like many of the tinier Pokemon can't learn Surf anymore, so they might be preparing to have all the Pokemon shown when using it outside of battle. Can't see Azurill and Froakie carrying a human across the sea though {XD}

Why?! Why would they take surf away from smaller Pokemon?! That is soooooo not cool. Now I have to find a new move to give my Water team. Just ruined my day and its not even noon yet.
Also Welcome Ruby of the Sea to Diving Deep.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Why?! Why would they take surf away from smaller Pokemon?! That is soooooo not cool. Now I have to find a new move to give my Water team. Just ruined my day and its not even noon yet.
Also Welcome Ruby of the Sea to Diving Deep.

That is a good question. I can't really think of a reason why other the the ones already mentioned. I really do think that the water type does need a new intermediate move(with the power of at least 90) because surf is just used all of the time and it's an HM. If they were to do more with Surf and make it more exclusive to certain Pokemon then I think that a new move is in order.

Either that or make Bubble beam go from a power of 65 to 90+ haha. Bubbles of DOOM :P.

Eat me.

I'm food
Years
Username/Nickname: Eat me.
Partner Pokemon: Crawdaunt (did i spell that right?)
Reason for Joining the Club: i really really freakin' love water types. They're like, if not the best, the second best type out there. They've got a huge variety of Pokemon, and, to be honest, i really had a hard time choosing my partner pokemon 'cause many of them are just almost as good as another. mehhehe

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been a while since we've had a new topic here, so I'm just going to throw one in. :] If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Username/Nickname: Eat me.
Partner Pokemon: Crawdaunt (did i spell that right?)
Reason for Joining the Club: i really really freakin' love water types. They're like, if not the best, the second best type out there. They've got a huge variety of Pokemon, and, to be honest, i really had a hard time choosing my partner pokemon 'cause many of them are just almost as good as another. mehhehe

Welcome to Diving Deep. And yes you did spell Crawdaunt correctly.

It's been a while since we've had a new topic here, so I'm just going to throw one in. :] If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

I think the 2 forms of Basculin should get evolutions. Red should be Attack orientated and Blue should be Defense orientated. They should evolve into 2 different Pokemon. Also Luvdisc and Alomomola need a common pre-evolution.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years

An evolution for Clampearl would be interesting. It's prime stats would probably be Defense and HP, but then again I don't know very much about this Pokemon :P. Clampearl just seems a little....undeveloped to me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Going to answer my own question here. If I were to give an evolution to a water-type, it'd be Seaking. The Pokémon would look pretty much the same; only differences would be its body size and the length of its horn. Its horn would be much, much longer, and its body would be more fat. Stats-wise, I think it could have more Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. Its Speed would be lowered though, because big Pokémon are usually not that fast.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

Hmm, I'd give Lombre another evolution, a more feminine look inspired by water lilies. Only female Lombre (or even Lotad?) can evolve into this new Pokemon, similar to how only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade. She would keep her dual typing as Water/Grass. Not sure about her stats, but I imagine she would be faster than Ludicolo, and I'd give her Hydration or Natural Cure as her ability.

And since you mentioned it, I don't understand how Alomomola is not Luvdisc's evolution. I know that they wanted completely new Pokemon for gen 5, but they could have revealed it after becoming champion, make it like a mini-plot for you to explore in the post-game area.

Years

I'd love to give Sharpedo one, a second stage. Water/dark is a fairly good combination and needs more love

Years
If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

Probably Golduck, its stats aren't really that stunning (decent but yeah) and giving it an evo would finally give the Psyduck line the love it needs. It would probably focus on Special Attack and Speed, and maybe evolve through some new evolution method, and keeping the abilities Psyduck and Golduck have.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years

Probably Golduck, its stats aren't really that stunning (decent but yeah) and giving it an evo would finally give the Psyduck line the love it needs. It would probably focus on Special Attack and Speed, and maybe evolve through some new evolution method, and keeping the abilities Psyduck and Golduck have.

That would be nice. I think that adding more of the Psychic background to the Psyduck line would be interesting. After all, the first pokemon in line is called a PSYduck and neither it nor Golduck have the psychic type.

But in terms of strength, I would like the third evolution of Psyduck to have the psychic type and not have stats that would exceed Golduck's too significantly. I would want it to be more of a choice of style, just like for Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.

Snow Bunny

Bianca
Years
Username: Bianca
Partner: Seadra
Reason for joining: I just love water pokemon ever so much. They are so beautiful, and yet are also so magnificent in battle. Nothing compares, the way they can tag team with almost every other type to balance out their weaknesses is just remarkable. They're designs are the most diverse & creative, and the whole thought of water pokemon brings me to happiness.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: Bianca
Partner: Seadra
Reason for joining: I just love water pokemon ever so much. They are so beautiful, and yet are also so magnificent in battle. Nothing compares, the way they can tag team with almost every other type to balance out their weaknesses is just remarkable. They're designs are the most diverse & creative, and the whole thought of water pokemon brings me to happiness.

Hi Bianca, welcome to the club! That's true, Water-type Pokemon make great teammates, and there are so many of them, there's bound to be one that will fit your team.

Hey guys, I was wondering do you use rain for your Water teams? Think about it, it boosts the power of Water-type attacks, and triggers abilities that are common among Water-type Pokemon, like Swift Swim, Hydration or Rain Dish. I'm currently testing out a Rain Dance team, and it's looking good so far, with Starmie and three Swift Swimmers (and a couple of Pokemon with Dry Skin).

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Do you use rain for your Water teams?
I do. Well, at least most of the time. :p Rain makes it much easier to utilize water-based teams. Whenever you're using them, though, you have to be very careful; your team could be countered pretty easily if your opponent has a Pokémon with Swift Swim, such as Kingdra.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I'm sorry I'm being so distant on this forum, my personal life is a bit erratic, so I'm asking if anyone would like to take the mantle of Captain. If yes PM me. Also Welcome to Diving Deep, Bianca.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I'd say Mantine. It could evolve into a water/poison type (or keep its original type) and have a large stinger, and possibly have 2 of its regular tail on each side of the stinger but shorter.

Idk. That's the best I can come up with. I was trying to think of one for Quilfish bit couldn't come up with anything.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Hi Bianca, welcome to the club! That's true, Water-type Pokemon make great teammates, and there are so many of them, there's bound to be one that will fit your team.

Hey guys, I was wondering do you use rain for your Water teams? Think about it, it boosts the power of Water-type attacks, and triggers abilities that are common among Water-type Pokemon, like Swift Swim, Hydration or Rain Dish. I'm currently testing out a Rain Dance team, and it's looking good so far, with Starmie and three Swift Swimmers (and a couple of Pokemon with Dry Skin).

I currently don't use the rain in my team, although my team isn't purely water types. I have thought about it though because I love the rain in real life. So maybe in the future :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back