• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesqx

eRepublik Player
Years
Christmas incoming...

arctic_christmas___wallpaper_by_arkeis_pokemon-d35nvwt.jpg

^^

Years
Is anyone else bothered by the lack of Water-types this time? Water is the most abundant of the 18 types yet we only get about 8 of them but it's better than nothing.

I was! :( Froakie's line was amazing but I was never a fan of Binacle and its line. But what disappointed me most was Skrelp losing its water typing upon evolution and how Inkay wasn't even a water type to begin with.. ugh. Personally I feel that Dragalge should have been water/dragon and Inkay's line should've been water/poision.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Guys we are still looking for participants in our Water Type tournament. If need be we can change the generation to Gen 6 after December 27th and Use only Water Pokemon in the Kalos Dex. Information is in my signature.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Username Viniciojr12
Partner oshawott
The reason I wanted to join this club is that I love all water types

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm not a big fan of what they did to water types in the newest generation either. At least we got some good ones though! However, I definitely agree with changing Inkay's typing. It's about as marine-related you can get. It practically has 'squid' written all over it. And I know! Skrelp is basically a poisonous seahorse. Why should its evolution be any different?

I can understand why they'd try to keep water types to a minimum. It's probably one of the most dominant types so far which would make adding more, seem unnecessary. Still though, a lack of water types for two generations? Come on, Gamefreak. :(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: [supporter]Sector[/supporter]
Partner: Female Jellicent
593-f.png

Reason for Joining: The Water types are the best type of Pokemon all around, or at least the most popular, in my opinion. Also, I love to swim. So joining this club would be an honorable thing to do.

I'm not sure what the topic is right now, but I'm assuming the lack of Gen 6 Water types? I don't think its lacking just that, there were only about 70 NEW Pokemon introduced in Generation 6, as of now. It lacks newer Pokemon as a whole more than a specific type, more or less water types. Especially with the focus being more toward Fairy types & Megas. We can thank Azumarill for being a beast now though, right?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Welcome Viniciojr12 and Sector to Diving Deep. Hope you have lots to talk about.
NEW TOPIC: If you had to travel the oceans of the world on the back of a Water Pokemon, which Water Pokemon would you chose and why?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome Viniciojr12 and Sector to Diving Deep. Hope you have lots to talk about.
NEW TOPIC: If you had to travel the oceans of the world on the back of a Water Pokemon, which Water Pokemon would you chose and why?

Well Lapras seems to be the face of this answer, because in the games Lapras' sprite is what you see when you're surfing. Its got the shell designed to take passengers basically, & the safest choice in my opinion. Then there's Wailord or Kyogre who's big enough to carry people, but you could slide/slip right off of them.

Lapras got the cute looks to show it actually cares about your safety on the water tour. If you look at Gyarados, he just looks like a mean Pokemon who will ditch you in the middle of nowhere if you're not careful with your decisions.

My final answer will be Suicune. Why you ask? Because I see Suicune as a Pokemon who can run on water like its just a land, basically the "Horse of the Sea." I would certainly enjoy traveling the oceans on a Pokemon who can do that.

Last edited:

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Well Lapras seems to be the face of this answer, because in the games Lapras' sprite is what you see when you're surfing. Its got the shell designed to take passengers basically, & the safest choice in my opinion. Then there's Wailord or Kyogre who's big enough to carry people, but you could slide/slip right off of them.

Lapras got the cute looks to show it actually cares about your safety on the water tour. If you look at Gyarados, he just looks like a mean Pokemon who will ditch you in the middle of nowhere if you're not careful with your decisions.

My final answer will be Suicune. Why you ask? Because I see Suicune as a Pokemon who can run on water like its just a land, basically the "Horse of the Sea". I would certainly enjoy traveling the oceans on a Pokemon who can do that.
I see the logic with Lapras but I personally would make a tent to fit on the back of a Wailord and ride on that behemoth. Safe and comfortable for sailing at night.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'd probably ride on a Sharpedo or Suicune. Sure Lapras is a safe and friendly option but faster transport? Heck yes. Sharpedo would speed ahead of everyone else and get me to my destination faster. While I agree with Sector's point of entrusting mean-looking Pokemon as transport, I think it's worth the risk. It'd be fun riding Suicune like a horse though, so I'm not sure. Maybe both if possible? :p

Years
I'd ride on a Suicune as well, it's very beautiful with that wavy mane and not to mention it seems to be able to walk on water. That's what I'd want in ultimate Water Pokemon transportation! Lapras seems like a good one as well since it carries people on its back and it got its own unique surfing sprite in X and Y as well (in fact, it literally depicts the main character riding on Lapras itself).

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Since it's Winter in the Northern half of the world, and with Christmas coming up fast I think it would be a good time to discuss Water/Ice type Pokemon. of the 7 Water Ice Pokemon I think Walrein is my favorite because of his move pool over stats, but in competitive play I would use Lapras to use Perish Song after I use Block by another Pokemon.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Since it's Winter in the Northern half of the world, and with Christmas coming up fast I think it would be a good time to discuss Water/Ice type Pokemon. of the 7 Water Ice Pokemon I think Walrein is my favorite because of his move pool over stats, but in competitive play I would use Lapras to use Perish Song after I use Block by another Pokemon.

Cloyster is my favorite Water/Ice type. It has Skill Link, which lets it use moves like Spike Cannon and Icicle Spear in rapid succession. Shell Smash boosts its power and it can also learn Aurora Beam, Ice Beam and several other powerful moves.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Well this seemed to slow down in our club so lets talk about our Slowpoke family. I tend to lean towards Slowking because he has a higher Special Defense. But I want to know what you guys think.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Well this seemed to slow down in our club so lets talk about our Slowpoke family. I tend to lean towards Slowking because he has a higher Special Defense. But I want to know what you guys think.

They're all dopey lol. I like Slowking the most, and he can talk too. He is the most wise and powerful of the three.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have deleted my old posts and re-added my Water teams. I have 3 in total now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Cloyster is my favorite Water/Ice type. It has Skill Link, which lets it use moves like Spike Cannon and Icicle Spear in rapid succession. Shell Smash boosts its power and it can also learn Aurora Beam, Ice Beam and several other powerful moves.

Cloyster is pretty good with Skill Link, it makes Icicle Spear hit quite hard since the ability causes all multi-hit moves to always hit 5 times. And of course, he gets Razor Shell to handle the stuff that Ice is resisted by, and Shell Smash to boost its offensive capabilities even further.

And yeah Lapras is one of my fave Water/Ice-types as well, it has decently good offensive, solid bulk and learns some really good moves. And it even got its own unique surfing sprite in X/Y as well, gotta love watching your Trainer actually riding on Lapras' back!

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Well...I think it's about time to go and have our tournament since we haven't really had that many applicants and I don't like this whole open registration thing so next month we will have out Aquatic Tournament.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username/Nickname: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Slowpoke.
Reason for Joining the Club: Water is one of my most favorite types out there, right beside fire. Plus, most (if not all) water-type Pokémon have a cool and calm personality, making them easy to get along with. [:

If you had to travel the oceans of the world on the back of a Water Pokemon, which Water Pokemon would you chose and why?
Lapras, probably. It'd be nice if swim across oceans with Slowpoke as well, but not really sure if it would be the brightest idea; Slowpoke are quite... y'know, slow. xD Gyarados would make a good partner, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back