• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • I honestly think Volcanion was created by an acid trip. You'd have to be pretty high to come up with something like this.

I never knew there was so much people who don't like Volcanion. :( The only weird thing I see about him is his weird body shape.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Am I the only one who thinks that his design is great for a legendary? O_O

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Also, it follows logically that it is unable to use ice-type moves. But we have a much larger plethora of fire-type moves at its disposal so I guess it's a good trade-off?

I honestly think Volcanion was created by an acid trip. You'd have to be pretty high to come up with something like this.

I never knew there was so much people who don't like Volcanion. :( The only weird thing I see about him is his weird body shape.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, thoughts and perceptions too. :)
    For example, some people find cola enjoyable, while some dislike it.

There's nothing odd, wrong or what for liking its design. :)

Yep, it is logically right for Volcanion to not learn any Ice-type move. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Alright so i for one cant say i am in love with his design its great but not completely suitable for a legendary i had the same thought with Heatran but does volcanion make a better volcano pokemon than Heatran? Plus i think we really need to see more fire and water types out there!
    Btws i guess i made a good topic eh ehhh? Wink ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is Volcanion going to have an alternate form, similarly to how they're taking it with Diancie and Hoopa?

Personally, I would love to see this happen. I dislike its original form due to reasons I had stated in my earlier post, but if they do give Volcanion something new and decide to switch up on its appearance, it'll likely start growing on me, as well as those who feel the same.

Also, we might have discussed this before, but that was long ago; since then, our opinion might have changed on the topic--what sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is Volcanion going to have an alternate form, similarly to how they're taking it with Diancie and Hoopa?

Personally, I would love to see this happen. I dislike its original form due to reasons I had stated in my earlier post, but if they do give Volcanion something new and decide to switch up on its appearance, it'll likely start growing on me, as well as those who feel the same.

Also, we might have discussed this before, but that was long ago; since then, our opinion might have changed on the topic--what sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

No one has an idea whether Volcanion's getting a new form or not yet. :) Right now, only a certain Gen VI part Psychic-type Pokémon has been officially released.

Let's not forget the fact that Volcanion is not officially announced yet. xD

But it's possible for it to get a new form on the future XY version sister games. (Let's not forget a 'third version' or sequels of XY has not been announced as well. xD )

Will do. That shall be our current topic then. :)

Current topic: What sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2015
    Username: forZe
    Partner: Squirtle
    Reason for joining: I love Water-types. Can't play pokemon game without water type

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Username: forZe
    Partner: Squirtle
    Reason for joining: I love Water-types. Can't play pokemon game without water type

I love new members for our club. ^_^
    But I would like to ask you to please reply the current topic as it's a club rule, or I wouldn't be able to add you.
    You can see the current topic from the very first page(of this thread) or from the direct previous post of yours. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Sorry I haven't been here in the past day or two, I had a Vet Med competition yesterday and my FFA show is next week. Anyway, how's everyone?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

An untapped ancient power awakens a new form of Omastar, Kabutops, and Aerodactyl. Kabutops gains a second pair of scythes to battle with and can actually learn Earthquake for a change. Omastar takes its true Lord Helix form and gains a new Rock-type Special Attack that will destroy opponents in their tracks.

That's all I've got.

What sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

An untapped ancient power awakens a new form of Omastar, Kabutops, and Aerodactyl. Kabutops gains a second pair of scythes to battle with and can actually learn Earthquake for a change. Omastar takes its true Lord Helix form and gains a new Rock-type Special Attack that will destroy opponents in their tracks.

That's all I've got.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?
    I've always wanted to see Swampert gain a mega-evolution form, but since it now has one, I would say I'm happy. Its design is amazingly great, and it has capabilities to perform quite nicely when battling!

Though, that might not count as an actual answer, since it's already introduced and whatnot. Anyhow, if I were to give some water-type a mega-form, I would likely have to side with Milotic. Many of us had wanted to see them put together something for it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, considering it's native to Hoenn, but unfortunately, this doesn't seemed to have happened, which is a disappointment.

It would be great if they make it up to us by actually giving Milotic a mega-evolution at near future. Personally, I would like it if Mega-Milotic were turned partially dragon, considering it does sort of seem like one. If not that, fairy would also make sense, as it's the counterpart to Mega-Gyarados (which is dark).

jombii

Years
  • I'm actually sad that M-Milotic did not make an appearance in ORAS. I was 100% percent sure that it would appear and we will have our Water/Fairy Pokemon that is not named Azumarill but alas. I was mistaken.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Guys, please don't stray too far from the topic.

I think Lanturn deserves an evolution because of its stats. Surely its HP is high enough, other than its mediocre Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, its other stats are unacceptable. So it needs an evolution.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2015
    I Think That Samurott Deserves A Mega-Evolution As it a Great Pokemon And Is A BADASS!!
    So I Hope That Mega-Samurott would be a great pokemon.
    Mega Feraligatr Would Be Great Too.

Diver Girl

Number #1 Misty Fan
    Years
  • What sort of water-type Pokémon would we like to see an evolution for in future? Why do we believe it deserves one? How would we imagine their appearance to seem, and how are we hoping their battling capabilities to turn out?

I would love to see a Luvdisc evolution. It's one of the worst Pokemon due to it having such low stats. Maybe it can gain the Fairy type. Or a Mega Evolution of Poliwrath, now that would be badass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When they had first introduced Alomomola in generation five of games, I actually thought it was an evolution to Luvdisc.

Its design was very resembling, and in mind, I felt that it would have made a lot of sense. Luvdisc was one of those Pokémon I thought deserved to have an evolution form back then (still do, in a way), and have been excited to see them make that announcement.

When they had revealed Alomomola to be a separate Pokémon on its own, however, I was very surprised, and also a bit disappointed at once. Although things like this don't matter much in long run, having connections like this does help raise value of certain Pokémon, in a way, if we think about it!

jombii

Years
  • YES. Alomomala is a Luvdisc-evolution! I mean, heart shaped aquatic fish? Plus almost the same color palette? Why isn't it an evolution?

It could be better if it was. I mean, better stats, all around better bulk, etc.

Years
  • I do have to admit Alomomola looks so much like it should have been a Luvdisc evolution, but then again Unova was trying to be separate from other regions which explained why none of its Pokemon are related to other regions' Pokemon which I guess we should respect.

Still, I do want to see a Luvdisc evolution given its stats suck aside from speed (yeah it's only good at being fast) and the fact its main gimmick is to steal Heart Scales from it. As much as I'd love to see a new evolution, I have a gut feeling that Game Freak sorta ditched that in favor of introducing new Mega Evolutions instead, given the only relative to an older Pokemon we got in 6th Gen was Sylveon, and that's already an Eeveelution.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Luvdisc! Other than as a pokemon for valentine cards, heart scale farming and making fun of, it really doesn't have a purpose in the series at the moment. I feel like Alomomola could of been the intended Luvdisc evolution had it not been introduced in Gen V but even that idea got scrapped. At this stage, it's almost like a Magikarp with no Gyarados to evolve into. Whether it's using Alomomola or designing something completely new, something should be done to save this poor fish from extinction. :(

The fossil idea's awesome as well. People being able to use their own Lord Helix's? Yes please. :D

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here's an easy one. More like a min-game, rather than a topic.

You are now a Gym Leader of a Water-type Gym, make a team of Water-type Pokémon (minimum number 2, maximum 5). Explain why having these particular Pokémon in your team.
    Region: (Hoenn, Johto, Kalos, Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova)
    Pokémon: Your Pokémon must be part of that Regional Pokédex; for example, no Kingdra in Sinnoh Gyms, Gyarados is applicable to Hoenn, Johto, Kalos, Kanto and Sinnoh Gyms.

Have fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back