• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do they need an RPG Pokemon game for Wii?

Should there be an RPG Pokemon game for Wii?

• Yes! Of course!

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Well, it depends. I won't really mind.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Ugh, no way!

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Nah, why would Nintendo want that :D

They wouldn't be able to release two different versions of the same game just with a few different pokemon on.

They wouldn't be able to release a third version about 1.5/2 years after the originals.

They wouldn't be able to ask you to trek across the continents to get to an Official Nintendo Event with 10 year olds to get a legendary pokemon

And god forbid you could have more than one save on a Pokemon RPG

They would also have to take monumental leaps in graphics and gameplay AND get it right.

The Wii is selling much more than any other home console, but the DS is trouncing the Wii, the Pokemon RPG's have sold me the handhelds, the GB Colour, GBA and now DS.

They have found the winning formula with the RPG's and kept them on the handhelds, so they wouldn't change now.

I think they've had AGES to do it right on a Home Console, but they are sticking to their guns and making a failsafe Handheld RPG and throwing out poor spinoffs.

I think i'd better go and vote in the poll lol, haven't evan read it yet, i'll look for a 'yes but no' reply :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I said above hell yes and i Will again hell yes
    I also said to re-do the gameboy games again in 3d but what do I know. Anyway I was thinking why rpg when you can go mmorpg. I mean you take up a job as a trainer,ranger,coordinator, Gym leader,e.t.c.
    You know I think of it everyday and say this must happen

Why would Nintendo make a Pokémon MMORPG? They know of the many currently in existence...so they wouldn't bother with it, and focus more on getting the money from the 10 year olds who have to have the latest pokémon game.

Years
  • Why would Nintendo make a Pokémon MMORPG? They know of the many currently in existence...so they wouldn't bother with it, and focus more on getting the money from the 10 year olds who have to have the latest pokémon game.

10 year old's are like, new-market for pokemon now. It's people in their teens who are the veterans or die hard's so to speak. Just a note lol. Oh and sorry for off topicness.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I absolutely love XD. It doesn't have the fast pace of the handheld games, where I too frequently find myself underleveled. As well, I do indeed like Shadow Pokemon. The Purification adds a whole new dimension to the game. So therefore, I really want to see a Shadow Pokemon game on the Wii. BUT NOT BY GENIUS SONORITY!!!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Why would Nintendo make a Pokémon MMORPG? They know of the many currently in existence...so they wouldn't bother with it, and focus more on getting the money from the 10 year olds who have to have the latest pokémon game.
    There most probably making animal crossing wii an mmo so why not pokemon?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Still its shows that nintendo nintendo is open to change and it would acually benefi them. And no not every new game that they release has 10 year old running to the shops. I'm 14 and I still do that. For Diamond/Pearl since it came out in july in europe and not april I bought the american version

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I don't mind. I liked Colosseum, but hated the fact there was no routes, wild Pokémon etc. The storyline wasn't that good either. I never played XD.

I dunno, I suppose it just couldn't live up to the hand held games.

Last edited:

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Yeah.Maybe instead of wierd storylines and boring gameplay, it can be like a 3d version of mystery dungeon where you battle like street fighter or have a good 3d trainer game.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • If there were to be an Pokemon RPG game on the Wii, I would suggest having the character customization, wifi, and a NEW BATTLE SYSTEM! It would be so much fun if they changed it to be like FFXII's or SSBB.

I have wanted that to happen since the 3rd gen. It would be such an improvement, and breath of fresh air.

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    I think it sholdn't be like coliseum or XD because in my opinion they were boring and crap.They should have a 3d one where you proper roam around in the pokemon anime style way and can catch, transfer and battle with pokemon in many new ways.Maybe they could make a pokemon ranger game for wii!

Last edited:

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    I think it sholdn't be like coliseum or XD because in my opiniomn they were boring and crap.They should have a 3d one where you proper roam around in the pokemon anime style way and can catch, transfer and battle with pokemon in many new ways.Maybe they could make a pokemon ranger game for wii!

yes please that would be the best game ever i really hpoe that they would creat somehting like this it would be awesome

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    I say an rpg sounds epic. Let's add a trainer danger aspect as well. You know how in games you can fall and never get hurt? What if you did, and you were dependent on your pokemon? Would they help you or laugh at you?

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
    Years
  • I really liked Collosseum and XD, though the story and purifying methods are getting old now, and could do with some changing. The best thing about those two games was the GBA battle mode. The camera angles and music were excellent, really got the adrenaline pumping, and the way the camera shook when Pokemon were recalled and sent out - wow. Looking at PBR the battles seem feeble.

Last edited:

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Coliseum and XD may be 3d, but man are they boring.you don't roam properly the 40 seconds of walking you do every now and then are just excuses so you don't get angry as it slides in to cut scenes and endless battles.They should do it like life in the anime, maybe a 3d ranger game for wii, or a 3d D/P counterpart for wii.C'mon, no more of this silly crap, Nintendo has to get down to business!

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • I say an rpg sounds epic. Let's add a trainer danger aspect as well. You know how in games you can fall and never get hurt? What if you did, and you were dependent on your pokemon? Would they help you or laugh at you?

Heyy, that's an awesome idea!

Also, to make the game last longer, they should make longer routes. Like on the anime, it ould take about 3 days to get to the next town, where on the game it would be like 10 minutes.

-- Dark Jay.

EDIT: And Pokemon should have different reactions depending on how happy they are. And if you are close with them, they are much stronger.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It would be good if they did a REAL 3D Pokemon RPG, they could add so many features that aren't in the hand held, like make the contests more like the anime ones, and the ability to keep one of your Pokemon out of it's Pokeball to travel with you, also you should be allowed to choose which Pokemon come out first at the start of each battle, also the computer can choose who sends out there Pokemon first you or your rival trainer (it would should be random each time) and maybe even allow you to control the Pokemon when in a battle instead of just telling them what to do.

@ Dark Jay: the only reason it takes them 3 weeks to get anywhere is because they have to stop and help EVERYONE IN THE WORLD, which gives Team Rocket time to catch up with them and try to steel there Pokemon, adding to that the fact that they never know where they are going and always get lost.

Last edited:
    Back