• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually know how to play the TCG?

Collecting for...

• Show

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • Play

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Both

Votes: 58 45.7%

• Total voters

Azzurra

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've recently started to learn how to play, and it's very easy if you find you have a good strategy. The game is similar to the video games, but much more risky, and the matches last much longer.

darkflagrance

Boxquick
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I used to play, back in the day, and I've even completed the japanese version without a guide. But In real life I quit after the gym leader sets.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
  • I run a league in my community and go to Championship tournaments every year. Go to Nationals yearly, and went to Worlds last year.

So yes, I know how to play the game.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    *Sigh* I only grew to pokemon with a Dark Mew card i found once lol
    I got a couple of cards soon,and i got into it with pokemon!
    i went to a couple of tournaments,and after a couple of years i was Undefeatble with any of my decks lol.I eventually gave up,it got boring with D/P coming. =/ i didnt like it.
    I then got Pearl and a DS but it was kinda Null so i got a GBA Sp and play pokemon red and my German Crsystal..
    I dont play Crystal much now,it reminds me of my old Celebi i had on it,it had to go though,Baby reset the data =O

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Back then I knew how to play... though I'm pretty sure they've changed the rules since then so I wouldn't have a clue now.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I know how to play the original game, I learned with the TCG GameBoy game, though I wouldn't be able to play the new game. And I haven't gotten new cards in about 6 years.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    Yeah,course i do,but i learnt mostly from the Anime,which doesnt HAVE the cards.

I had to learn from my bro,Mates,everythin.'course we all have our own ways.

Do you actually know how to play the TCG?
    Name: Charimander
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • When I was younger I would buy for 'da shiney'. Haha. Now I am totally in to battling and deck building. I still collect however, because thats fun 2! Im 20 now, so I have all the old school cards; I have just now begun to get the new decks and boosters.

Its merely opinion, but I think the older pokemon were cooler. Of course im biased by experience. The new ones are stronger though:(

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    your not the only one i also like the older poke cards from WoTC.i use to battle abit but mainly collect and yet after i got back to the game during the ex series i still do the same just collect the cards and rare ones.old school cards are getting more and more harder to find everytime.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    The original card were the most epic.
    Even R/S were pretty cool, but I really dislike the D/P/P Cards. D:

I like to buy the cards, because its fun to open them and see what I got. I kinda know how to play, but not really leauge standard. there's nowhere to play around here anyways.

And if there was a league, my cards are outdated and I pretty much fail at deckbuilding and there're no 'proper' card shops in thew UK (at least nowhere I can get to). there's a Sci-Fi/Game shop fairly near, but they mainly sell Yu-Gi-Oh or M:TG. Only sell Boosters and Theme Decks, which I suppose is normal, but its so annyoing to try and get the cards I want/need (this is mainly why I wouldn't be able to get a good deck), whereas with the other cardgames they stock they have binders full of individual cards to buy. SO ANNOYING. ):

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • I've played once, and I lost. :( I've never traded cards either... I was offered a Weezing and for my shiny Muk. I refused. I remember the guy thought it was weird Muk was one of my (me being a little girl at the time) favourate Pokémon.
    I'd love to battle but there's no where to, and the only cards I could get is the DP booster packs from Tescos. ¬¬
    I love to look at the designs, though.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I've always collected the cards for show, even when I was a little girl. I don't collect them as much now as I did in the past, mostly because I just don't have the money any more. But I did get my mommy to buy me a starter deck that had Piplup in it. =] And I absolutely <3 that Piplup card. ^_^;;

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    i acually knew how to play but i only learned how by playing the gameboy game. i wish i could collect cards again though but i dont have the funds for it ^_^;

Back