• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually know how to play the TCG?

Collecting for...

• Show

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • Play

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Both

Votes: 58 45.7%

• Total voters

this_is_ark

who what where
Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    nooo i don't know how to play, i've never been interested in it much

i got a lot of cards though, i like the pictures

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I know how to play. I might be missing a few rules they've added in the last set, as I've only gotten booster packs and no starter decks.

Though I haven't played in years. I have no one around with whom to do so.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I used to collect for show, because I didn't understand the concept when I was younger. Now, though, I can play. I like to make decks for fun, and I can play very well.

Waudby

I've recently started learning how to play the game, I don't collect the cards as such, but learning the rules is being useful for a project I'm doing.

Tbh, I don't even think the cards are on sale anywhere near where I live. I do like the look of some of them however.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I do both! I like to show how many cards and their rarity to others. I also sometimes TCG battle with my brother, and we sometimes make up our own game. But we focus on the normal rules more.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    I know how to play thanks to the TCG game on the GBC, ut I much prefer to be a collector in real life.

Juliacoolo

Uchiha Blood.
    Years
  • I play competitively. I go to league twice a week, and in june, I'm going to mizzouri nor nationals. I got 9th place in ohio. Learning is REALLY easy if you go to league. You catch on really fast.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • O man. I wish I could play in league. I live in Oregon... Maybe there is one in Portland? Its a shame that I live 4 hours away, or else I would definently be playing league:c

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Been playing since 3rd grade. Now I'm in high school. Isn't that just weird? o:

I also have a nifty collection of Level X cards. Although they aren't that useful. o:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Mostly for show... I wanted to play though... I really really really wanted to play... but I didn't have anyone to play with... I found happiness in the game boy TCG game though.

Years
  • I had some back in kidnergarten. Blegh. We used to get into fights on the playground over them...

I did the same thing, except I'm alittle older. I was in about 5th grade.
    They were even banned from my school because it was too much for the teachers to deal with.

A kid my cousin went to school with got pushed in front of a car for his cards!

I finally found my old cards and bagan collecting and playing again after I moved not too long ago.

I wish I could find some events near me, I see to be the only one around here who plays the trading card game. >.<

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
  • I do both :)

I got lots of old school cards, hehe ^^;

The cards I like the most are my Houndour, Houndoom, Arcanine and Vaporeon.

:D

Back