• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
Years
  • Yeah I know.

But lately, I've been seeing people, (me included) that just... ditch the pokemon sections.

So if you don't actually like it, what brings you here?

:3

Just fo all us OCarians. :D

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I think this says it all.
    Do you actually LIKE pokemon?
    It's been awhile since I last played a Pokemon game and even longer since I last ventured into the Pokemon sections of PC. I don't hate Pokemon, it's more that I've just bored of it. I only come on nowadays to make the odd post in the other sections and reply to VMs.

Years
  • Since I've came back and I can tell that more people do post in the pokemon section, before most of the people over 1000 posts just posted in the other sections.

I still like it but I get closer closer to just liking the games themselves.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Note: This thread has been approved and can stay here. XD Just so more people don't report it (and for hstaff who were iffy about its placement... like me).

Anyway!

I still love Pokémon. :O When I first joined PC, I didn't really post in the Pokémon forums at ALL and it was actually a few years before I even posted occasionally in Pkmn General. And I would ONLY venture into the gaming forums if absolutely no one else was on and modwork needed to be done, orz. Now? I frequent General and some of the older gaming forums far more than most other forums on PC.

If it weren't for PC itself, I likely would've fallen well out of the Pokémon fandom by now, only reviving it slightly each time a game came out. But since I've been on PC so long, Pokémon has always been there as a constant fandom for me, moreso than any other. Now that I have something to do outside of the games (collecting merchandise 8D), I maintain a constant interest in the fandom at all times. It's gotten me more active on the Pokémon boards here and, honestly, on PC in general.

But yeah, before I was back to full interest in Pokémon, I was really only here because I was staff. And I was originally modded in two non-Pokémon forums--partially because there were so few people to choose from who were active in those forums since everyone was active in the Pokémon forums back then. :P Now? The "go to" places on PC are the Off-Topic boards.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A lot of members here only hang around to talk to their friends in the other sections of the forum. I'm nearly one of them, but I'll post in a Pokémon-related thread every so often.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I enjoy the main games and look forward to the new ones. I can't play it constantly though. I don't play the spinoffs although I do pick up and play Snap once and a while (if a good Wii Stadium-esque game was made, I'd buy it. Same for a new Pinball title. Snap 2 also plz)

I don't know every Pokemon and a lot from the last two generations haven't been memorable for me

I stopped watching the anime at the beginning of the Johto episodes.

I don't buy any merchandise.

So, pretty much strictly the main games. And even then, nothing too intensive (don't try to catch 'em all. Don't do Battle Tower, etc.)

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I love it and I most likely always will. I'll still sadly carry my Ds around looking for people to battle, adorn my car keys with my many pokemon keychains and come home to a room where there are plushies, posters, and dvd sets strewn everywhere <3

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm somewhat fond of Pokemon. Why else would I be here?
    But usually, I'm at the FanFiction area and occasionally in Pokemon General.

I also post here and in OVP when there's nothing to do elsewhere.

The Cape

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 13, 2010
    I just kinda came here for a friend. Not really into Pokémon that much, honestly.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Believe it or not, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. I play the games and watch all of the episodes when they come online in Japanese. When I first came to PC, I tried to be cool and act like I was better than the Pokemon sections. I pretended that I hated it, which was a lie. I automatically gravitated to the sections that weren't about anime (which I don't follow other than Pokemon) and about Pokemon. For that reason, I was isolated for a good year in OC, OVP, and Graphics and Photography.

When I finally came to the realization in late 2008 that I didn't have to act cool and I didn't have any standard to uphold, I started lurking in the Pokemon sections. I posted in the anime a couple times, but I quickly realized that this forum wasn't as hardcore Pokemon anime interested as I thought. This forum isn't about what you like and don't like. Honestly, why should it matter if you like Pokemon or Sailor Moon or Naruto? I didn't realize it when I joined, but people don't like you for being fake and acting that you're better than something. It's about the person inside and what their values are. It's about friendship and being able to converse with all of the people here.

Back on topic of this long post (I commend all who've read this whole thing. Size one can be misleading with length :p), I don't post in a lot of the Pokemon sections because I just don't gravitate to them as I do OVP and OC. Lately, I've been lurking there for a good portion of my time on PC but I haven't made the transition from lurking to posting. For me, posting is a big deal and I have to put a lot of feeling and umph into it (like this post XD;). I'm not sure how to put my feelings and experiences into a post about whether Tyranitar or Metagross is better yet. As for the anime section, much of what I pay attention to isn't as touched upon here.

So yup, I love Pokemon. I'm just extremely attached to the sections that I've been going to since early '08. :'3

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
  • i love pokemon
    well the games that is and thats really just about it
    and from time-to-time chat about how good i thought the first season of pokemon was! XP
    im a pretty hardcore pokemon fan and even if they screwed up the games we all know and love. i'd still be a fan, just a retro pokemon fan!!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    ive been less into pokemon recently, but its happened before so im not too bothered. I tend to stay away from most of the actual gaming forums because i know next to nothing about competitive battling and go in all guns blazing and come out with no self-confidence left. I come to this part a lot because it has a lot of varied and interesting topics. And you must admit, troll topics can be funny to read sometimes when they get going. The fact you can discuss next to anything in this section makes the topics more fun and wilder (troll topic or not)

Back