• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
  • I still love Pokemon, I just don't post often in those sections.

I just started playing Platinum again, EV trained a Starmie to help me beat the Battle Tower, and then lost due to hax. My guess is I won't pick up the game again for a month. :/

Patchy

-
    Years
  • Not really. I only visit Other Chat now, and get the odd VM or PM. I rarely even post anymore. I didn't really use the Pokemon boards here, ever, except wifi about a year ago; I used the Pokemon sections of another forum I go to, but I only visit its general forums too now.

I guess I sort of stick around because I never made any friends on this particular forum that I still keep regular contact with. :<

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I like Pokemon, I just don't play the games or watch the anime anymore. I'm mostly joined for other things anyway, and that's why I'm still here.

If I get a hold of any recent Pokemon games they might elate my interest again, but I haven't bought a new Pokemon game in awhile.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I still like Pokemon because it brings back memories of my childhood, and makes me feel happy. :3

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I like specific characters and can't stop thinking of the Pokemon world now and then but overall, I'm getting bored with it and the anime is making me stressed.

I'm trying to convert to the Zelda fandom.

And tbh, the only reason I buy the Pokemon games is for tradition... although HGSS is looking to be good, mostly because Pokemon can follow you around again.

But overall, Pokemon's getting old for me.

Years
  • I'm still into Pokemon... I collect the cards (though this is limited due to a limited money supply), I play the games, read the manga on occasion, and sometimes watch the anime because I run out of things to do sometimes in the middle of the night.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Honestly, not really. I don't really have a care for Pokemon anymore. I'll give Fire Red or Crystal a nice replay if I'm bored, but that's about it. I like it as an RPG game, which is why I'll be getting HG/SS; but I don't really have any strong feelings for or against it in general.

I'm just here for the awesome people (b' ')b

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I only like the games. Everything else is "meh" if not just plain horrid.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
  • I like it, but maybe not as much as I used to which surprises me to say. I love the games but what actually got me into the series has gotten bad for some reason (may just be to English dub, but I dunno) Yeah... the anime.

It isn't terrible, I still watch it when I can, it's just... not as memerable as the first couple seasons were.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love Pokemon. I have all versions (except the original Green and Red and the Japanese blue), and also an extra Emerald and Diamond. I'm importing SoulSilver and getting both HeartGold and SoulSilver when they come out in English. I'm a pretty big Pokenerd...I'll just leave it at that to avoid further "let's poke fun at Silver the pokenerd".

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • The fact that were in a pokemon forum and a member actually made a topic like this, with a title like that, I find it very hilarious.

I mean, there are hundreds of social forums on the internet and you come to a Pokemon forum because of how "social" it is and not because of Pokemon itself?

The door is there whenever you want to take it.

And to answer you're question:

I love the games, everything else I could care less. The anime stopped being good until it got dubbed by PUSA, and in my opinion, the BEST episodes are all from Kanto and Johto.

I can't say I'm the kind of fan that bought merchandise, t-shirts, plushies, etc. I just played most of the games over the years and saw the anime when I was a kid. :3

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I know people here sometimes say they hate Pokemon...but I feel if you hate Pokemon, there are so many other forums you can go to. Hell, you can even make your own Anti-Pokemon forum. As for me, I've loved Pokemon since the 3rd grade and heck I will probably be teaching my kids Algebra through Pokemon tactics. XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I used to, but that was long ago. That pretty much sums things up for me.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • The fact that were in a pokemon forum and a member actually made a topic like this, with a title like that, I find it very hilarious.

I mean, there are hundreds of social forums on the internet and you come to a Pokemon forum because of how "social" it is and not because of Pokemon itself?

The door is there whenever you want to take it.

Actually, I havn't liked pokemon for 10 or so years. I still... know a bit about it, might play the games a bit, but that's all.

Honestly, not really. I don't really have a care for Pokemon anymore. I'll give Fire Red or Crystal a nice replay if I'm bored, but that's about it. I like it as an RPG game, which is why I'll be getting HG/SS; but I don't really have any strong feelings for or against it in general.

I'm just here for the awesome people (b' ')b

This is pretty much me;

PC is a great place, nice people and eerything.

So yeah, I wont be leaving anytime soon.

so gtfo

Back