• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you approve of Action replay?

DarkChariardX

The master of Fire pokemon
Years
  • do you like using cheats like action replay and gamesharks or do you absolutely hate it? (u cant lie theres some fun cheats out there)

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I have nothing against it. The only thing I lament is when people hack an entire team with ridiculas, sometimes outright illegal stats, and use them on wifi:C

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I have nothing against it. The only thing I lament is when people hack an entire team with ridiculas, sometimes outright illegal stats, and use them on wifi:C

Like him, as long as you don't use it to hack your team and battle on WI-FI, it is OK.
    Anyway, what is the difference on other if you hack your in-side game?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'm a purist, so something like that defiles the very nature that the creators intended for the game. :cheeky:

Actually, I don't mind it. I've never had one myself, but I'd definitely use it if I did. Obviously within the limits that is.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Action replay is fine by me. It's a great source for items and TM's. It's those stupid things like walk through walls that get me. Why would anyone really want to do that in pokemon? There's no point really.

Years
  • I personally like doing everything the legit way and harder way so that way I can say that I did do that without cheats, etc.

Though if it's impossible, I might let it slip :)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't use cheats but if other people want to do it in their own game then that's their business.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I don't cheat. I've done it only a few times before, and I must say that it is the stupidest thing to do. I just don't feel right with 99 of every TM, you know? I do everything the legit way. Which takes forever.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I'm fine with other people using Action Replay as long as it doesn't destroy online gameplay and that's with any DS game, not just Pokemon. Even though I don't have one, though I do have a similar device for cheats, I only cheat after I beat the game or on games I do not particularly care about.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • Because I have emulated games, I will always backup save files and then I'll use AR only for events.

i some times use it 4 events, but i use it mainly if im stuck or its nearly impossable 2 beat (or cuz i feel liek goin random XD) cuz i have some weak pokés sometimes (i dnt bother fighting wilds and some trainers (speed run i kno))

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    i only used it because of the fact that im too lazy to fill up the pokedex and i wanted stuff off the gts
    but for competitive uses NOOOOOOOOOOO cause ud be at a huge advantage like a wondertomb lol it cant faint unless u put it in poison lol and u can alter stats with it so no i think that its a horrible idea outside of competitve battling

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I don't use it often, but what I do use it for doesn't interfere with other people, and I try to make sure nothing completely absurd happens. Fast Egg Hatch and Event/Event Pokemon codes are my favorites. If they aren't doing multiplayer, it's fine with me. On non-Pokemon games, I'll try to unseal any stuff that got locked up during translation. Yes, Megaman Black Ace, I'm looking at you.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I dont use action replay, but I dont care if others choose to. My brothers uses his for his diamond game. But for mine I think it loses some of the fun, when action replay is used.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • The Action Replay is useful to get events and Pokemon that would be impossible for you to get otherwise. If you want to complete your PokeDex, but don't have time to go to an actual event, then you should use the Action Replay. If and when you get bored with your game and don't really care much for it, you could sue the AR for lulz purposes.

The only thing I wouldn't do with an AR is use it for competitive purposes. That's just cheating and it takes all the fun out of training the Pokemon yourself.

Back