• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you clean your badges?

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
Years
  • I was just wondering if there are any of you people who have the interest of cleaning Gym badges to make them shiny. I only do it like once a month or when im waiting for something

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I just figured out you could do this like two days ago. I was sort of fascinated by it, so I do it a lot now. xD

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
  • I clean my badges when I feel like it, or if I'm showing off my trainer card to people in the Union Room.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • OMG THATS WHY THEY AREN'T SHINY ANYMORE?!! *falls over*

I feel like a total n00b right now. I was just looking at my badges earlier and freaking out cos I thought they'd been stolen or something. >_> *hides*

*goes to clean them*

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • I know I clean mine. Just because my gold card looks better with them clean XD I think they'd always be clean if I could just get the black card.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yeah I do it all of the time, mostly because I am bored. Since I have beaten all of the game and plus I cannot be bothered completing the national'dex in my Diamond game.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • How do you clean your badges
    Go to your trainer card and there will be the badges you won previously.
    Use your finger and rubb the touch screen as if you were rubbing in real life and eventually they turn shiny. If you don't clean them after a while, they will start
    to turn greyish

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Go to your trainer card and there will be the badges you won previously.
    Use your finger and rubb the touch screen as if you were rubbing in real life and eventually they turn shiny. If you don't clean them after a while, they will start
    to turn greyish

ok can you do that on HG/SS as well

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I do this sometimes XD
    But then, its kinda hard ( for a lazy person like me ) to rub the dust off completely D:
    and, I always categorize which badges should I clean first , I'm such a weird person XD

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Haha, no, never now. I used to do it a LOT on my Diamond ROM and I did it for a little while on my Platinum cart, but I stopped doing it a few months ago because I felt it was a waste of time. I never look at them anyway.

I enter my trainer card, check my amount of money, and exit it.
    I haven't looked at my badges in like, 2 months? xD

btw:

Aaron40 said:
    ok can you do that on HG/SS as well

No, because the badges are on the upper screen in HG/SS.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i never used to clean them, but now i check/clean them all the time.

Back