• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider your username to be your second name?

Years
    Credit to wakachamo for this poll. :<

Anyway, the reason I ask is because I know there are a number of people on this forum who have held their username for a long time and frequently use it in different areas of the internet, maybe even outside as well. People would often associate them as that name just as much as their real name.

I joined PC in 2005 as Signomi and have joined other communities with the same alias, it has definitely grown on me. People either call me Siggy as a nickname or this username and that's been recurring for about...ooh 4 years now. I did have another alias I went by (Shiharu) but even then people best saw me as Signomi.

So tell, me, do you use your own username as an identity in various places?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not for me.

My friends IRL don't go calling me "Nurse Nica"... as that would be very strange. I join other places with whatever username I like at the time o3o

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I use Rekhyt on nearly every forum I join nowadays. It's become my only universal username on the internet. Before that, I'd join forums with a different username each time. Became quite dauting remembering who I was in whatever forum, I recall. Most of my old friends still refer to me as Oni though, even after I've had this username for nearly a year. All in all I don't mind so long as I know they're addressing me. When I can't figure that out we'll have a real problem.

In real life, no one knows about my username. I keep those two worlds hundreds of miles apart and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Yes, I am Darkly on every forum I visit.

some people just call me DTF though...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Well... People do tend to call me by my username, or by a shortened version ("Zu" instead of "Zuzu" and "Pika" or "Kataro" instead of "Pikataro", for example), and I used to hate that (I tried having people call me by my "real" name(s), which was (or were) just (an) alias(es), so...).

Now, as long as it's something I like, I don't mind :3

So yeah, I consider my username(s) to be my second names. Now I don't like being called by my (truly real) first name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I use the username Vendak everywhere and a few people call me Ven or Vendak irl, I don't really care whether they use Vendak or my real name. I don't mind other people my age calling me it, but I think it is pretty weird hearing my dad call me Ven as he sometimes does, but w/e.

Years
    Yes, but not my current username though. My username is Raika on most forums, and I treat that as my second name, but Raika is already taken by an inactive member here, so... :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Many of the adults in my school call me Queen because of my name being Latifah (as in Queen latifah the actress), but no one calls me Queen Boo though, they may call me Booluver

:t354:TG

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    My username is my second name. xD In real life, my nickname has been "Neko" since I was in 7th grade (granted, Neko would be my username here, but unfortunately someone already took it <<). I may not use Neko for every forum I go to (since obviously chances of it being taken already are very high), but I have other names that I use which relate to it or have the word Neko in it (ex, two of my email/screennames are "evilnekopika" and "darknekopika").

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Nah. My old one, maybe. But not my new one, I've only just got it, because I felt like a change from the usual.

My second name would probably be Butters, as I cosplay as him in the Birmingham South Park Cosplay group.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I use Superjub for most forums, mmorpgs etc. that I create. :3 Some of my friends IRL call me Jubs or Superjub occasionally, but mostly just my real name. ;)

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    I also use Xashlei on several forums. Though only few of my IP (in-person) friends call me Xash, I guess I do consider it my second name of sorts. I've got no actual second name. :B

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'd be a little frightened .. if someone in IRL called me BlueSnowHoundoom. It's too long anyway~

I used to go by another name on forums. Ineffable.. and I was known as Neffi. Which I actually kinda like, and there's this one person who still calls me that.

Actually, thinking about it. I might change my username to Ineffable~ hmm.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I do believe that my current username has become a second name to me. Every since I picked up the name Pachy, it's just been impossible to shake, as everyone everywhere seems to have taken an intense liking to that name. It's like, no matter what other name I may be using at the time, people still refer to me as Pachy. xD I've even spoken on the phone with some of my online friends, who would simply call me Pachy. xD

But, I can't really complain, it's really not a bad nickname to have ne?

Back