• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider your username to be your second name?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Not really, beachy can describe me sometimes, but I don't really consider it a second name, I guess. I'm Ryan through and through, but Ryab does come close since people have heard of it. XD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    No one IRL calls me Kinarii or Kina, but it's how I'm known everywhere on the internet, and how I refer to myself, simply because I like it better than my actual name. I use the name everywhere I'm active online.

You could say more people know me as Kina than as my real name, 'cause I really have only 2 IRL friends and at least half a dozen OL friends. X3

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    My username is my first name, haha.
    Usually if Lily is already taken wherever I go, I pick a username which sounds cool to me, and I am pretty picky with usernames. As far as usernames go, I've been known as "SoulDew" and "HeartGold" on deviantART which both correlate to pokemon, which I love. :)
    However, I don't think of them as second names, because most people still refer to me as Lily anyway.​

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I have used 4 different usernames, 2 of which I use a lot.
    Nobody I know IRL calles me Pyrax, just my real name.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    "Lightning" used to be a second name for me. For a few years online, it was how everyone called me (or some variation of it like Lighty). Now most people know and use my real name, though. I kind of prefer it since I barely have a common username. Lightning is taken absolutely everywhere since it's so common and my other alias ("Cherrim") is... well, it's me most places, but I don't really identify with it like I did Lightning. :[ So I guess I've gotta say no on this one. Not anymore, at least.

Ayselipera

Well my username is my real name so that is what people call me in real life.
    That being said I usually don't put my name in my username, I just felt like it this time around.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    In a way, I guess. Not IRL, though. Definitely not IRL. XD;

I chose Motsuko Live specifically for this forum, so I guess everyone knows me as Motsuko now, despite numerous name changes/alternate accounts. No one IRL calls me that, though. I've only ever told one of my friends that I'm even on this forum, and I only told him because I knew he wouldn't judge me. He doesn't call me Motsuko Live, though... that would be weird. ;p

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, AdvancedK9 is pretty much my second name, almost my primary name in fact XD. I should consider patenting it.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    sanny was my nickname before i got on pc.
    yeah most of my friends call me that and whenever i meet someone new it usually goes like this
    "hi im sanny, well actually my name is jonathan. but every one calls me sanny"
    and in the class room during the school year, most of the guys call me sanny but all the girls call me by my real name. adults dont call me sanny, but yeah my online name is my second real name.

The Red Chain

Since only a very small number of people know my real name, yes, you could say 'sugar' is my secondary name.
    It's not like my real name is used even when I tell what it is.. those who know it only use a variant of it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    A lot of people who don't know me by my real name call me by the name of Peaches. However, it really depends on how I meet them. If I meet them through like... one of the roleplay journals on LJ, then they call me by that name (etc: Red). So... I guess it kind of is? No one in real life calls me that, but yeah.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    People online use it as my name, but my friends don't use forums that much (other than a few of my friends that use reddit, which kind of isn't even a forum).

People have called me King before (When I was known here as KingOfGold and on maple story I was strain king). I guess people sometimes call me Karma, but I wouldn't really know since I've only had the username for a week or so...

amithemeek

The Supreme Overlord Mistress
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    Yes, on every MMO RPG I have ever played i am known as "Ami" :3 sometimes even in RL. and as for the "meek" part of my name..... lets just say Mika had to drag me back onto PC. I will get her for this...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Not my username, per say, but my nickname (SL), yes. I do think of SL to be like a second name in a way, considering no one knows my real name and can't give me any other nicknames since no one knows my gender either.​

Back