• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider yourself a nice person?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    and what do other people usually think in comparison?

inspired by Euphonium's Karnavaly's blog. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    I think I am, I don't go out of my way to hurt others and I like to make others happy, so I'd say I'm nice. As to if others think I am, most find me intimidating first then nice once they've talked to me.

pkmin3033

I am most definitely not a nice person. I'm opinionated, blunt, and overwhelmingly cynical. I'm best sampled in extremely small doses or not at all.

But at least I'm honest about it; I've never made any pretense about being a nice person. I find that other people are either too polite to agree with me, or are genuinely of the opinion that I'm a much nicer person than I give myself credit for - probably because they've never been on the receiving end of one of my diatribes - or they at least appreciate my honesty with them. I'm not sure which, as I prefer not to ask others what they think of me...they never give me an answer I can believe or be satisfied with. "Nice" isn't a word that most people use to describe me though I don't think.

Years
    I'm not sure if I think of myself as "nice", entirely...I mean, I'll do things for people, but I don't always go out of my way to do them. I feel like I'm a bit too selfish at times to properly be considered "nice".

But I have had plenty of people call me that. Even had someone claim that I was "one of the nicest people I know", so there's that.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    For the most part... yes, much more than I probably seem! But due to others having used it to try and take advantage of me in the past, I can come off as somewhat neutral or distant around other people I don't know until I'm positive that I can trust them. But even when speaking to someone for the first time, I still make sure to treat them very politely. I'm usually about as nice to someone as they are to me.

My SO and other friends/people who have gotten to know me always tell me that I'm pretty nice; I tend to be well-liked in my friend circles for usually being the one who doles out the most moral support. I admittedly do get annoyed easily, can be pretty pessimistic, and have a bit of a short fuse, but I'm good at hiding it when I'm irritated and have never yelled at or mistreated anyone who's made me mad (besides my older brother). If I like someone enough, I'll often do little things for them just to try and make their day.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

A lot of people are always telling me how nice I am and that makes me feel good because I try my best to be nice to everyone if possible! I understand the frustration of being around mean or negative people and I don't want to be like that haha.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, I'm not mean, I'm just easily annoyed, so sometimes I feel like maybe I'm not so nice. In general, though, I usually care too much and try to help too many people, and sometimes I have to back off - especially at work where I have a job to do, and can only do so much for people. lol But I do try to keep things positive for people, I don't think I have it in me to be seriously mean to anyone.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I consider myself as a nice person. Sometimes I can get a little annoyed or angry.

Years
    I try to be somewhat nice but i'm really not great a reading social cues or showing empathy so I often come out with stuff that people will take offence too.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I treat other people how I'd like to be treated...or at least I try my best to. I mean, if someone doesn't treat others with respect and kindness, then would it be right for them expect to be shown it in return?

People have said that I'm nice, but idk...I go through bouts of depression and sometimes I worry I'm a bit more cold than usual when that happens. But, as long as I can be a positive presence in my friends' lives though or brighten their day when they need it, that's all that matters to me (or at least, to not be a negative presence). That's more what I strive for than being nice, so to speak, because there's so many different things that can mean.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I consider myself mostly nice but I also acknowledge I'm very selfish and don't feel sympathy for causes supported by people I don't like even when said cause is just.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I'm trying to be. I'm very socially awkward so it's kind of hard to tell. I'm starting to converse with people in my college classes so it's a start.

I can come off as being mean if I'm being assertive or blunt (whether or not it was worth it depends on the situation.)

Back