• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider yourself a nice person?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    My blunt way of posting means I might come off as a bit cold on the Internet, and I am quite reserved in real life, but I can still consider myself a nice person. I find I am usually willing to help people as best as I can in many situations, and I am empathetic towards those who are going through difficult times should I be made aware of them. I also try to see the good within people (within reason).

Unfortunately, this wavers if people greatly annoy me, whether it be through their actions to me or their actions as a whole. I refuse to befriend or continue anything past cordial relations with people if this occurs.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    a lot of people tell me i'm nice and most of the time i think it's only because they can't think of any other compliment for me ahaha. i like to help people, yeah, but i can be pretty mean too, so i guess i'm just nice to select people.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    That is a question I have struggled with for most of my existence.

My response in these current days though is that I am like the character Shion Uzuki from Xenosaga. In that, on the surface level of just speaking to me, you will see that I am generally kind-hearted and nice, if rather quiet and reserved. I am relatively inoffensive and express your typical good guy moral views. Then you get to know me on a more intimate level and you find someone who is suffering from a multitude of mental issues and angst. Some of the things I say when I go through these bouts, they aren't so nice. I can become harsh, cynical, and self-loathing. And that's when peoples' opinions of me split right down the middle. Some people would think I am just this whiny person who is just annoying with their angst, and others would think that I am a good person who is just suffering from some bad problems.

But I still try my best. I try to restrain this negative part about myself, and to empathize with others as much as I can. I try not to say anything too blunt or harsh in public, because I don't want to hurt people with words the way I have been countless times in the past. I can say that I am at least considerate - I'm constantly thinking about a thousand different ways I could hurt peoples' feelings. So perhaps I am nice, but... not really in that superficial way where you just smile at everyone and help them all out. But more so in the fact that I am fundamentally a good person.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    i know i am a kind and sweet person
    though i can be different but thats only when i hate you
    for good reasons.

if i do not like you , again, for good reasons
    i will not be nice to you
    i will most likely ignore you
    and can be somewhat rude to you when you ask for it

i am nothing like those kinda people who will still try to be nice to you because they want to hide it that they dislike you for some reason ... or those kinda people who do not have the guts to show it off they loathe somebody
    nope. if i do not like you, you will most certainly get that eventually

but that goes for the same the other way around
    if i got no reason to dislike you and i actually REALLY like you
    i will show it off and be very fun to be around and good company
    sweet and always try to help you any way i can

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Not particularly. I don't think I'm an asshole or anything either, but I try to be kind and understanding to people as much as I can. But I'm judgmental and honest and that doesn't always translate back to being nice, so I don't think I fit that either.

Besides, who wants to be "nice"? It's such a weird word. I'd rather be something less...bland sounding. Kind. Optimistic. Warm. Things that culminate together to make "nice" I suppose. But those words are more specific and descriptive, so.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I used to think I was a friendly person, but that all changed when I went back to school in the fall. People tell me I'm a huge dick and, when I look back at things I've done, I'd have to agree xD. One of the reasons is my natural "b***h face" as it's called, that makes me look depressed and angry (I'm rarely either of those). Well life moves on, they'll get over it.

Back