• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you feel embarassed by pokemon ?

shot571

i was just wondering how many people over the age of 7 actually admit to their friends that they like pokemon. personally i am 14 and just admit to my good friends and it turned out they liked it too.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm 14. Its a little embarrasing to tell someone that you like pokemon but I gain courage from the fact that there are many people besides me who are much older than me but are still hooked to pokemon.

Wink

Everyone loves a circus.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    Naww, I'm 14 very nearly 15 and I've told my friends. It was hard not to really considering I draw it all of the time. :3

derozio

Years
  • Naww, I'm 14 very nearly 15 and I've told my friends. It was hard not to really considering I draw it all of the time. :3
    It may be easy to tell your close friends but its a little different when it comes to telling to someone who don't know you properly.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • You guys are all younger than me, so I can kind of understand how people your age would understand that you like it. I'm 21 and would never dream of telling my friends. They are type to start laughing and hold it against me, so it's better I keep it to myself. It should have to be that way because we are all different and like different things, but they are just those type of people that would look at me differently like I'm a "loser" or something. Quite sad really. But hey, a few of my friends know that I collect the cards and they have no issue. They think it's ok to have a different hobby to others.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I tell my friends that I like Pokemon and if they have a problem with me liking it or if they make fun of me for it, I just tell them to F off because it's my choice and could care less what they think.

I'm 18 by the way. I also have a few closer friends that love the games.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • well i do but some of my friends play pokemon but would never say anything but the way i see it is i want to work with nintendo when im older or with games so im not really just playing pokemon im learning :) so they can well get lost :D

shot571

ithats a relief i thought i was just a wuss. my friends are the type to start laughing as well

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Nay. I pull out my Nintendo SP with pride, and openly compare my teachers to Pokemon characters. People relate, for the most part...if they don't, I roll my eyes and tell them they aren't hip and with it.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I don't feel embarassed. Everyone knows I like cute things, and Pokemon is just one of those things.

derozio

Years
  • Nay. I pull out my Nintendo SP with pride, and openly compare my teachers to Pokemon characters. People relate, for the most part...if they don't, I roll my eyes and tell them they aren't hip and with it.
    That's something different XD!

Others may understand if they knew more about it. Even my dad's sitting behind me NOW and is critticising me for writing these posts that support pokemon because he doesn't know about what it actually is. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm 22 and I bring my pokemon interest every time the opportunity arises. It's not like it would harm my reputation since all my buddies know I'm a huge nerd anyways. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    You guys are all younger than me, so I can kind of understand how people your age would understand that you like it. I'm 21 and would never dream of telling my friends. They are type to start laughing and hold it against me, so it's better I keep it to myself. It should have to be that way because we are all different and like different things, but they are just those type of people that would look at me differently like I'm a "loser" or something. Quite sad really. But hey, a few of my friends know that I collect the cards and they have no issue. They think it's ok to have a different hobby to others.

I have the same problem, though I nearly 15 if I told all my friends they would jsut burst out laughing...one of the reasons I joined PC xD

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • And I must admit, I DO feel embarrassed that I collect Pokemon cards and have an interest in it and for ONE REASON ONLY....

It's because my friends and the society around me judge people too easily.

Years
  • I wouldnt be if I could use the excuse that alot of people older people like it (which they do) but no-one older than me around here likes it infact, hardly anyone does at all.

Never really arises in conversations anyway though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Nay. I pull out my Nintendo SP with pride, and openly compare my teachers to Pokemon characters. People relate, for the most part...if they don't, I roll my eyes and tell them they aren't hip and with it.

Man, I love you haha.

I tell my friends. If they care whatever, they'll drop it within a day or two.
    I have about 2 close friends who play and I know the upwards of ten people who play, so yeah haha.
    Not embarrassed.

Back