• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Have Any Issues With PC Users?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have a problem with any particular member... anymore... but I do have a problem with some of the characteristics I see in most of the people here.

The longer I'm here, the more I see a lot of sameness. Everybody is socially awkward and find it difficult to leave their house and interact with people because of it.

Everybody seems to think they have problems that are so special and unique that nobody could possibly understand when in fact it's workaday crap that they're building up inside their heads to make excuses not to live their lives.

Everybody is demisexual because that's the new cool thing to be (sorry George I do love you)

I could go on. But please don't take that to mean I hate this place or the member base. Nobody is just one thing, so to dislike an entire person based on one thing is stupid.

while the mass extreme introversion is a problem the way this post is written gives off the worst 'I'm 32 and I'm above confused teenagers on a Pokémon forum!' vibe

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I can't say that I've had any issues with anyone. I'm sure I've had a share of disagreements but that's life. Some of these posts that I see sometimes though are just like... what are you on.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't have a problem with any particular member... anymore... but I do have a problem with some of the characteristics I see in most of the people here.

The longer I'm here, the more I see a lot of sameness. Everybody is socially awkward and find it difficult to leave their house and interact with people because of it.

Everybody seems to think they have problems that are so special and unique that nobody could possibly understand when in fact it's workaday crap that they're building up inside their heads to make excuses not to live their lives.

Everybody is demisexual because that's the new cool thing to be (sorry George I do love you)

I could go on. But please don't take that to mean I hate this place or the member base. Nobody is just one thing, so to dislike an entire person based on one thing is stupid.

Sometimes I feel people make up some autistic tendencies or a tumblr depression just to stick out more, and because of it everyone falls in the same group of sameness. Everybody seems to be that introverted silent creative type or genius with those big inner problems. There is no member that fits this type whole, but there are enough people that tick a couple boxes.

Also, I really hate that MorallyIncorrect dude. Asshole.

There is no single member I dislike. Maybe that someone has some characteristics I don't like, but I like everyone as a person.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Not really with members specifically, but certainly with trends I see on PC. I'd advise you wear steel-capped boots while reading this because toes will be stepped on.

The main one is probably how romanticised mental illness (or really illness in general, but especially mental) is on this forum - although this is a pet peeve of mine irl, and I've given a few people a right talking to over it before. I feel like I often see people just talking about their ~deep mental issues~ at really inappropriate times or in inappropriate detail and it's like, are you trying to show off? Are you using it for attention? Do you think it's cool? To be blunt I think people fake it a lot of the time and I'm pretty good at sniffing out bullshit on this front in general, but it's just usually obvious even without having to look - if you were diagnosed with ultramegaschizobipolar disorder at the age of two months and you just so happen to live your life according to the almighty words of Napoleon XIV, you're probably faking it. In reality there is nothing fun, glamorous, edgy or even remotely cool about it unless you are a PCer for some reason. For the sanity of people with real personal issues that they prefer to keep to themselves, please stop.

A term I'd use to describe a lot of people here is "Anti-world", which is... remarkably frustrating when so few users have really experienced that much. I'm not saying I'm particularly worldly or anything along those lines but I feel like a lot of people really don't know that much at all about what they're talking about and just kinda chat shit about things to sound educated or edgy and it's glaringly obvious that there's no real substance to much of it. For a self-proclaimed "emotionally mature" community I feel like there's a lot of closed-mindedness and unwillingness to look at things from alternative perspectives. I wish people'd be a bit more interested in things that they lack experience with rather than just forming an opinion and be dead-set on expressing it.

This kinda leads into my next point which is that I feel like there are two major mindsets here (when there should really be none): either be vanilla as anything or deliberately controversial - neither of which is exactly... great. I feel like people either don't show much personality or show a really awkward unpleasant one because "man I hate the world" or something and it doesn't make me want to be around some people here.

...all of that said, I do still really like PC - if I didn't I'd not be here - and I have focussed in pretty hard on what bothers me about it. There is more than enough here that I am happy about to offset most of this for me; but certainly these are significant points in my mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    By the way if anyone does have a problem with me, let me know through PM. I think it would be hilarious to know to be honest. I won't get mad, but I will be amused. :3

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I really don't hate anyone, maybe just dislike how they act like "Meh, your new so, I ain't talking to you." I don't mind if you do or not just those "Negative Nancy" types really bring down the forum. I just feel like sometime to talk to a close PC friend if you got one it's not the best idea to spread it around. If anyone has a problem with me then send me a PM, if not then have a nice day everyone. ??????

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    For a self-proclaimed "emotionally mature" community I feel like there's a lot of closed-mindedness and unwillingness to look at things from alternative perspectives.

PC is self-proclaimed emotionally mature? Since when? I did not know that there was this general consensus floating around that the community was emotionally mature.

Years
  • Well there is one user that I think wasn't exactly welcoming to me (although they're one who was generally quiet on the responses), but that one seems to have vanished from the forum so I won't mention her.

Years
  • I will say this: the collective likability and maturity of the user base today is light years ahead of where it was back in say, mid 2009 through 2010, early 2011. Pretty much all of the people I had issues with are now gone, so that's a plus; I did ban most of them myself, so that helps.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I will say this: the collective likability and maturity of the user base today is light years ahead of where it was back in say, mid 2009 through 2010, early 2011. Pretty much all of the people I had issues with are now gone, so that's a plus; I did ban most of them myself, so that helps.
    I imagine that brings a lot of certainty and closure to matters doesn't it

By the way, you pulled a Gym Trainer - light years measure distance, not time. You're not in Brock's gym, are you? :P

Years
  • I imagine that brings a lot of certainty and closure to matters doesn't it

By the way, you pulled a Gym Trainer - light years measure distance, not time. You're not in Brock's gym, are you? :P

Do You Have Any Issues With PC Users?

I mean, if this were a race, (Or another metaphor with distance involved) I would think our current user base would be doing laps around that era's base.

Sir Codin

If I hate you, you know who you are. And if we ever meet, there will be a fight to the death that will threaten to undo the universe.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • All I will say is this.

If I hate you, you know who you are. And if we ever meet, there will be a fight to the death that will threaten to undo the universe.

Alright I've gotta ask if that was dead serious because I can't imagine Tyler of Monterey California legitimately believes he has the potential to be the universe's undoing

Back