• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Pikachu?

Do you like Pikachu?

• I love him!

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • He's alright...

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • I Hate the little yellow thing! >:3

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters

Seremiya

Love Serenity
Years
  • Real life Pikachus are so funny thats why I like Pikachu.

Hope you're talking about plushies there. Or else we'll have to throw into the basket with all the other fruitcakes. :P

I wouldn't use a Pikachu in the game. Strategy wise, it's not a preferable pokemon for me. Ash's Pikachu is a cute addition to the anime though and I totally love him. :D

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Real life Pikachus are so funny thats why I like Pikachu.

Unless someone is out there shooting mice up with electricity and painting them yellow, I don't think there are real Pikachus...

I don't get why people hate Pikachu so much. It's just a cartoon character, people!

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • I like Pikachu cause on the anime sometimes he can really show off especially the Quick Attack+Volt Tackle Combo.

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • EW. I've always hated the disgusting rat. Ever since it came out of that pokeball that Professor Oak had, I've despised it. I mean it's been with Ash for like 4 years, and still is the same level and loses to Paul's Elekid. And it's too scared to evolve.

What is it even, a girl or a boy? Probably both.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
  • I don't see why he's so hated, tbh.
    He's THE icon for Pokemon when Nintendo choose to advertise.

Game-wise, he's not so useful...but I do heart Pikachu.<3
    He's also kick-ass in SSBM. =P

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • Ariel that is true because I ace at beating level 9 people but when I use Mewtwo against Pikachu he beat me. I even used Capt. Falcon.

Years
  • I don't see why he's so hated, tbh.
    He's THE icon for Pokemon when Nintendo choose to advertise.

Game-wise, he's not so useful...but I do heart Pikachu.<3
    He's also kick-ass in SSBM. =P

Thank you :)

Pikachu isn't my absoulte fave Pokemon, but it doesn't deserve to be hated just because it's popular and a key part of the anime, that's pretty weak IMO

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • And oh yeah, Art_Critic_Cubone, My Pikachu's move pool was.... (I had the TM cheat) shock wave, focus punch, iron tail, and attract. THERE. I SPOKE IN PROPER ENGLISH WHEN TALKING TO YOU. HAPPY? I HOPE SO. Yes, I KNOW there are quite a few Pokemon weaker than Pikachu... key word, A FEW. Get rid of them and Pikachu would be one of the weakest Pokemon in history. And I battled a freakin' Golem that was 10 levels higher than my Raichu and I STILL beat it. Would Pikachu be able to do that? I think not. And if you're wondering why I have reasons people under 14 shouldn't view, and I'm 12, it's because I have a SICK mind. *~* (failed attempt at a smiley) And oh yeah, if you're callin' me an idiot for thinking he's pathetic looking, you're callin' my father one too. He thinks Pikachu looks like a wimp too. He thinks Raichu looks tough and cool, just like me. I love my daddy.

Wow... I'm actually beginning to respect you. A worthy opponent on the opposite side. I will not, however, back down! *draws katana and begins wildly waving fan with rising sun design on it while the sun rises behind me*

'kay, first off Shock Wave=Fail. Pikachu needs thunderbolt. Attract is fail, since it's uber-situational. Focus Punch works with Raichu in competitive battles, but Pikachu in-game fails with it. Iron Tail isn't accurate enough to be useful, and Pika isn't usually a physical sweeper anyway. Besides, Pikachu needs to hit hard and fast because of its crappy defenses, so all of its moves need to either have a hundred-percent chance of inflicting a debilitating status condition on the foe or hit hard with accuracy, since you die if you miss. Double Team is a good choice under certain circumstances in-game, as is Mega Punch if you want to get physical. Plus, Pikachu doesn't fight well against Grimer. Pika is for sweeping water and flying types, plus rock and ground if it has surf or HP grass. Your Dad knows nothing about the coolness of Pikachu. In fact, you don't either. (Well, you like Sparky so maybe there's hope for you yet.) With Pikachu, you either kill quick or get killed. One or the other.

Years
  • EW. I've always hated the disgusting rat. Ever since it came out of that pokeball that Professor Oak had, I've despised it. I mean it's been with Ash for like 4 years, and still is the same level and loses to Paul's Elekid. And it's too scared to evolve.

What is it even, a girl or a boy? Probably both.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

yeh, its showed both over da years. but i think its male. key word, I THINK.

Wow... I'm actually beginning to respect you. A worthy opponent on the opposite side. I will not, however, back down! *draws katana and begins wildly waving fan with rising sun design on it while the sun rises behind me*

'kay, first off Shock Wave=Fail. Pikachu needs thunderbolt. Attract is fail, since it's uber-situational. Focus Punch works with Raichu in competitive battles, but Pikachu in-game fails with it. Iron Tail isn't accurate enough to be useful, and Pika isn't usually a physical sweeper anyway. Besides, Pikachu needs to hit hard and fast because of its crappy defenses, so all of its moves need to either have a hundred-percent chance of inflicting a debilitating status condition on the foe or hit hard with accuracy, since you die if you miss. Double Team is a good choice under certain circumstances in-game, as is Mega Punch if you want to get physical. Plus, Pikachu doesn't fight well against Grimer. Pika is for sweeping water and flying types, plus rock and ground if it has surf or HP grass. Your Dad knows nothing about the coolness of Pikachu. In fact, you don't either. (Well, you like Sparky so maybe there's hope for you yet.) With Pikachu, you either kill quick or get killed. One or the other.

i know pikachu's coolness, it has none. repeat, NONE. Except 4 sparky. He's the exception to the rule. but u actually respect me now? thats a day i didnt think would come in a million years. has it been a million years already? my watch must have stoped. :)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Okay:

There are no levels in the anime as we know them in-game. They're simply used as a method of saying whether some Pokemon are more powerful then others, such as "That Blaziken is at a very high level", or "Pokemon with a higher level can overcome type disadvantages". They're mostly ignored. Therefore, any Pokemon in the anime can be "as strong as the plot". (i.e., Pikachu is strong enough to win if the writer says he is, and weak enough to lose if the writer says he is.) And Pikachu is confirmed male due to Buneary's crush on him, so that's settled. (Aw... I was hoping he was a girl so I could start a Pikashipping fanbase. Curses, I've been foiled again!)

I respect anyone who can fairly support their views and type using proper grammar. But yes, your watch has stopped. Go wind it. Sparky and Ash's Pikachu aren't the only Pikachu we've seen though. Need I remind you of Pika from the Pokemon Special (Pokemon Adventures in the US) manga? Pika pwns Pikachu's soul. Anyway, who's to say that all Pikachu are like Ash's Pikachu? They might be more like Sparky (or Pika).

Years
  • Good point. But who's to say Buneary isn't male? (dumb question) And Pikachu could be both sexes at once. Even though Pika does not have a heart shape tail, so there's the proof.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Exactly. No heart shape=male. Thanks for pointing that out. And Buneary, in the Japanese version at least, is referred to at least three times as a girl, so that settles that. Buneary is female, therefore Pikachu must be male as homosexuality doesn't exist among Pokemon.

star6phoenix9

Odorokubeki Boukensha
    Years
  • I hate how Pikachu's sprite in Diamond and Pearl looks so haughty. It's just standing there like, "Look at me! I'm cute! Catch me!" It just makes me want to destroy it with Hyper Beam.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Exactly. No heart shape=male. Thanks for pointing that out. And Buneary, in the Japanese version at least, is referred to at least three times as a girl, so that settles that. Buneary is female, therefore Pikachu must be male as homosexuality doesn't exist among Pokemon.

And let's not forget Pikachu's reaction to Giselle's picture way back in "The School of Hard Knocks" (Gawd, I can't believe I still remember the episode name); I'd say that's indisputable scientific evidence that Ash's Pikachu is either a male or a lesbian. x3

Years

Not in the Englidh version. At least, I don't think. Anyways, Pika still is at the bottom of my list, and Raichu is still at the top. The day I change my name to Pikachicka is the day the world has gone insane. Let's just say it's not gonna happen. There. Perfect grammer. School's probably gonna whip me into shape as well.

~end of story~

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Not in the Englidh version. At least, I don't think. Anyways, Pika still is at the bottom of my list, and Raichu is still at the top. The day I change my name to Pikachicka is the day the world has gone insane. Let's just say it's not gonna happen. There. Perfect grammer. School's probably gonna whip me into shape as well.

~end of story~

My goal is to prevent you from hating Pikachu, not liking Raichu better. May I point out that you can't hate Pikachu all that much, since there would be no Raichu if not for Pikachu?

And let's not forget Pikachu's reaction to Giselle's picture way back in "The School of Hard Knocks" (Gawd, I can't believe I still remember the episode name); I'd say that's indisputable scientific evidence that Ash's Pikachu is either a male or a lesbian. x3

Ah, yes... the school of hard knocks. That's got to be my favorite episode of the anime, even today. First appearance of Cubone, gender identification of Pikachu (as Alter Ego has so kindly pointed out), and the famous "We frolicked all night" line from Jessie and James that has a few of the more-we must be careful how we say this- juvenile Rocketshippers screaming at the top of their lungs as confirmation of a relationship between the two. Good times, good times. x3

I hate how Pikachu's sprite in Diamond and Pearl looks so haughty. It's just standing there like, "Look at me! I'm cute! Catch me!" It just makes me want to destroy it with Hyper Beam.

It is cute, therefore it wants you to catch it. Honestly, what did you expect it to say? (And let's not forget that there are multiple other sprites for Pikachu, from the FR/LG and R/S/E ones to the ones from way back in R/B/Y and G/S/C. Nope, Pikachu isn't always that haughty. (But why shouldn't it be? It gets a lot of publicity. XD)

Raichuchika, I regret to inform you that there is no "Englidth" version of Pokemon. The "English", or more formally "PUSA dubbed" version probably doesn't give Buneary a gender either. (Maybe they're afraid that the little kids are going to start smooching each other because of Buneary's obvious crush on Pikachu?)

Back