• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like seafood?

Years
  • Oh, this thread is screaming 'intervention' muahahaha...

And you are just screaming "infract!"

Stop it with the opinionated action. This thread is asking whether you LIKE seafood or not. It's not a place where you can rile on against it. If you can't adhere to that fact, then keep your wiles to yourself.

I do like seafood, actually. Though not much, if anything I adore Sushi than other stuff.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Seafood it's for sea animals. By eating seafood not only you're consuming what is the corpse of a tortured animal who died of asfixiation, but you're also doing harm to lots of other species (some endangered) of animals, and helping to ruin an entire ecosystem.
    Go lean, go bean, go green ftw.

Um, what. I could say vegetables are for the ground. What about all the animals that eat plants and vegetables? Yeah, not all animals eat meat.

No. I hate Seafood. :[

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • Oh, I just felt in luv with Signomi.
    Um, what. I could say vegetables are for the ground. What about all the animals that eat plants and vegetables? Yeah, not all animals eat meat.

No. I hate Seafood. :[
    Actually, the ground is for the vegetables. Remember we come from apes, and apes eat... yeah, good guess.

Stop it with the opinionated action. This thread is asking whether you LIKE seafood or not. It's not a place where you can rile on against it. If you can't adhere to that fact, then keep your wiles to yourself.

So it's ok to create a thread titled "who's into raping?" or "who else is a pedo?". Will do later on. The forum is meant to discuss, share ideas and points of view. But you just can't put up with apology to genocide. If anything, you're really screaming hypocrisy. I may not agree with you, but be damn sure I'll defend your right to speak up. On the other hand... well, yeah. Why do I have to keep my wiles to myself if I'm being objective and civilized, and on a public forum? I bet people into the hipsushiiwatchanimes trend do have lame views on ethics.

I admire your convictions, even if I disagree with them personally...but this is not the place to try to convert people to your way of thinking, as you will most likely be outnumbered and completely humiliated by people that either don't care, are Darwinists that will argue "survival of the fittest", or are just sadistic enough to get a feeling of superiority whenever eating meat.

^_^;
    I'm not trying to convert anyone into my way of thinking. Those are religious people (sorry, did I push a button? - shoots, scores). Outnumbered means more people can learn from what I have to say. Humiliate? People who don't care about goodness ain't people, they're just cancers who wander life by. I'm a darwinist, but still, eating plant is better than mercury poisoning. Survival of the fittest my bleezers, it's just plain cruelty. You could argue that if you lived on the ocean and only had fish to eat. The other way is pure selfishness and shallowness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Eww, I hate seafood. The taste, the smell. It makes me gag;~

I don't mind fish, if it's cooked right but not .. lobster or mussels etc. ;S

Last edited:
    Years
  • So it's ok to create a thread titled "who's into raping?" or "who else is a pedo?". Will do later on. The forum is meant to discuss, share ideas and points of view. But you just can't put up with apology to genocide. If anything, you're really screaming hypocrisy. I may not agree with you, but be damn sure I'll defend your right to speak up. On the other hand... well, yeah. Why do I have to keep my wiles to myself if I'm being objective and civilized, and on a public forum? I bet people into the hipsushiiwatchanimes trend do have lame views on ethics.
    Ahem, in actuality, this particular forum on this community is not. This happens to be a place in which people post their own polls and receive replies from members based on their own experiences, that is the particular base purpose of Other Voting Polls. What you are trying to do is debate the entire good or bad will of the topic, which is something that is ideal for a debate thread in another forum of the community, not here. Other Chat harbours more tension in the sense of debate worthy threads and actual conversation pertaining to any topic that one may have in mind, whereas the difference here is that more simplistic threads involving more subtle topics are brought here in hopes that people will reply with whatever appetite of simplicity they have in mind.

So I repeat myself, stop posting if you're not going to adhere to the purpose of this thread. And if you try and backtalk me again, you will be infracted. So I'd watch your step.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Seafood it's for sea animals. By eating seafood not only you're consuming what is the corpse of a tortured animal who died of asfixiation, but you're also doing harm to lots of other species (some endangered) of animals, and helping to ruin an entire ecosystem.

Rofl. Like the fish even care that they're being eaten. They're fish, not people =/

"asphyxiation" btw.

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I do most fried and grilled fish. Also, clam chowder is probably the best soup ever created \o/

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years

• So I repeat myself, stop posting if you're not going to adhere to the purpose of this thread. And if you try and backtalk me again, you will be infracted. So I'd watch your step.

I did adhere to the purpose of the thread:
    -Do you like seafood?
    -No. Reason, reason, reason.

I guess it's fun to say "oh, nevermind I can't argue with you, if you try you'll be punished, watch out." Aside from that, I really believe this forum's staff is hardworking, ethical and devoted to make it a good place to discuss. I guess in every basket...

Rofl. Like the fish even care that they're being eaten. They're fish, not people =/

"asphyxiation" btw.

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I do most fried and grilled fish. Also, clam chowder is probably the best soup ever created \o/

Dude, back in the day, people thought the same way towards the african people. "Like they even care they're treated like animals, they're coloured, not people." Fish do have emotions and can also feel pain. They may not speak English, but believe me, their suffering is no different from yours, and they do run from predators, so they care for their lifes the same way we do.
    Btw, grammar police is sooo plain bias, really. You're talking to a brazilian who learned English totally by himself, and now studies language sciences at college. So I guess if you really mind that I took a Y for an I, we could talk about language inapropriation and linguistic prejudice. Also, one could argue, if you're looking for gaps in grammar, you couldn't argue the idea.

Please, so that all of you realize, I didn't offend anyone. I'm being poked at just for inciting a healthy discussion. I'm having a blast.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • *tactfully ignores the vegan*

I love seafood, it's my favourite. I had fish curry last night, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a mussel in it. :3 Yum.

As for sushi, I can't stand it, but it's one of the foods that I'd like to like, iykwim. I'd love to be able to just pick up a sushi and go 'nom'. :3 I can't though. Last time I tried (I was eleven . . . should try again.) I didn't like it. I don't even remember why.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • Last time I tried (I was eleven . . . should try again.) I didn't like it. I don't even remember why.
    Probably because it's a raw corpse. Somethings not all tactfulness in the world can help looking away. Also, there are two kinds of people: those who look away and those who embrace. But I really can't imagine how sad it would be to just walk life by, not caring to make any difference.

I'm really sure I'm probably gonna be silenced in no time. But it's all good fun though.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Seafood is delicious, your forced morality isn't, nor is your comparison of meat-eaters to rapists and pedophiles. I volunteer time and money to charity to help PEOPLE. I'd kill every endangered species on earth if it helped feed needy people, if only for a month.

Years
  • It all depends on the fish and how it's seasoned. I like some and dislike others. I'll usually try it if it's given to me.

Can't think of the last time I had fish, though. Typically, it's not something my family makes.

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    Well only the fishes and the shrimp. that's only thing I like of them.

Zet

Years
    But fish are mammals, so really we're not eating meat. And I just love seafood, can't get enough of it... though I prefer mine deep fried XD

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    No,
    I hate any kind of sea food,
    I even hate fish.
    Though i eat it... [In batter ;3]

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • But fish are mammals, so really we're not eating meat. And I just love seafood, can't get enough of it... though I prefer mine deep fried XD
    Pal, I assume you meant fish aren't mammals, otherwise your comment makes even less sense. I suggest you look up what is meat. Back in time, it even meant a veggie's pulp. It now refers to muscle tissue in general, wich, yeah, fish do have.
    Also, the point isn't the meat, it's the act of taking one's life for selfish motives.

Seafood is delicious, your forced morality isn't, nor is your comparison of meat-eaters to rapists and pedophiles. I volunteer time and money to charity to help PEOPLE. I'd kill every endangered species on earth if it helped feed needy people, if only for a month.
    You sound like a nice person who fights for what you believe in. When you say forced morality, you mean just awareness and ethics. Rapists and pedos aren't even murderes, so yeah, I guess it's not such a good comparison, and don't forget about slavery. No much differs us from the animals, today we know they can even develop abstract thinking. They also have language systems (remember, one's language it's the expression of his ontological condition, thus being him an individual).
    Koodos for you for doing charity, really. Notmany people do. I also devote my time and money as a volunteer at two social aid projects (one being at a children's hospital, another helping people build houses, as I live in an area of south Brazil that suffered a hell lot with landslides last year).
    Back to the subject, you say you'd kill every endangered species if it would help people in need in some way. Now I'm eager to know what's the line you chalk between people and the other animals, and why is the pain of some worse than others on your point of view, since you yourself are so willing to express your primitivity - I don't mean this to offend you, really just making a point, violence is a part of human condition.

Btw, Signo, I'm really gonna make a thread about animal rights, I'm just answering statements directed at me. If I'm not supposed to answer people's opinions, nor are they supposed to raisem, eh? So I guess I'm not crossing any line, not by myself at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back