• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You like the Look of the characters in D/P

Sadistic Typhlosion

Mom, I'm not a stalkeerrrr-uh!
Years
  • Oh, God. I'd be the rival any day, but my cousin and I made a joke about some flaws in him:

- He looks like a stereotypical French lady. XD Look:
    -He has a shirt similar to those French girls wear, with the high collars and the stripes.
    - He's wearing tight pants. 'Nuff said. XD
    - He has shoes that almost look like high heels.
    - Even his expression is girly. His hair is the stereotypical "French-woman-blonde" color, as well.

...See, now this is why I always thought he bumped into Lucas all the time. XD

Years
  • Nah i don't mind the main charaters in the new Games but the GAYEST character of all is tate The Psychic TWINS boy he is gayer than wallece not by much but still is

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Nah i don't mind the main charaters in the new Games but the GAYEST character of all is tate The Psychic TWINS boy he is gayer than wallece not by much but still is

I thought Liza and Tate were both female. I mean Tate's a girl's name and it is mentioned in their in-game profile that their father has trouble telling them apart. If they were two different genders I would think that it would be pretty easy to tell them apart.

Last edited:

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Meh, they look okay. Some characters have a rather unique fashion sense, but I don't have any particular problems with it.

I did find it funny that there was a Lucas and a Flint in there though, so I named my rival Claus 8D

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Dawn and Lucas are too tall, they are the same heigh as the adult characters, they shouldn't be. After all they are ten year olds, and the adults are 30+ and they are the same height? =/

Lucas' hat is awful, it looks like a bucket, I would much rather be the Rival boy, he looks like he is wearing skinny jeans, so at least he is cool. :3

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
  • I don't really like Lucas and Pearl... (^_^)" But Pearl's "THUD!!!" is funny. XD

I don't like Buck (maybe it's because of his attitude). Flint is OK to me though.

I love Roark's and Aaron's designs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^yeah, Flint is ok.... i like it because he uses fire pokemon but he only has 2/5 pokemon that are REAL fire pokemon!! lol, what's the deal with Aaron's hair? lol, it stands up in a weird way...

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
  • Lucas looks like a nerd, and His platinum outfit makes him look even nerdier.
    Dawn's the same, and Pearl's hair is screwed up. Flint and Ronald McDonald are one and the same... Aaron looks like a girl from his mini-sprite. Cynthia looks like a goth, and Lucian looks nerdy as well...

I'm somewhat fine with the other D/P artwork

Years
  • I've never liked the way any of the characters looked. This time, in D/P, its worse.

That skirt? No, just... no. Cover yer legs!

The male character... I don't know what it is I don't like. Just personal taste, don't like the hat or the shirt.

I think its just because I can't find one I can relate to, you know? I feel like the designers are trying too hard to keep up with the latest odd fashions, and well... its just not appealing at all. I don't even care about fasion and I just go "yuck" when I look at them.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I am satisfied with Dawn's appearance, but Lucas just doesn't fit into my image of a Pokemon trainer. I'm not quite sure what it is about him that makes him that way...perhaps his outfit is too boring.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I had no grief with any of the character designs. UNTIL I saw Lucas' design on PBR. Kid looks like a Grade-A retard. He even hits himself in the face when he loses.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I always wanted to burn the male characters hat... >_<

The female character isn't bad I guess, but if a girl in real life was wearing the same outfit... :D

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
  • the only character i like is cyrus...everyone else seems a bit out there

as an opinon the best looking char overall in each gen would have to be sabrina

i imagine the characters are the same height is because its a birds eye view(just a note)

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I think they all look crappy, but I only really participate in battles so It doesn't really concern me.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I acually like the platinum clothes and not the d/p one. Also yes wallace was the gayest dressed but until emerald. It was that guy um whats his name that was gayest dresed. You know the butterfly looking frontier brain.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • Lucas is ugly. Prof. Rowan is ugly. The only sprites in that game that are EXCEPTABLE are Dawn and rival.

From Profesor Spriterase (Virtual guy on my old website)

For every sprite shall be ugly, unless it is wished to be changed by the elite player and game creator. If you become so, the sprites will be fit to suit your liking

Well Spriterase is dead, (I killed him) and what he said was stupid. So don't listen to him, but listen to the ALMIGHTY MASTERFUN101!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back