• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your photo being taken?

Years
  • I hate having my photo taken cos I can't smile naturally and my face is a little weirder than you might expect.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I hate getting my picture taken without me knowing, but if I know it...

I'm okay with that. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Only when I'm with friends or at an anime convention. If it's just family, or worse, total strangers trying to photograph me (which I think some sketchy guy tried to do at the NYC Greyhound bus station recently), then I'm gonna have problems with it.

Basically, I like having my picture taken only when it's with people I enjoy being with.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • I don't usually get my photo taken. I'm okay with it, though. But I'm a little self-conscious when they upload it on the internet.

Someone took a picture of me biting a huge donut in Starbucks on a field-trip. They posted it on Facebook and I got really mad 'cause I thought I looked terrible. A year later, I saw that it was hilarious and made it the background for my Twitter page.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I really don't mind getting my picture taking. I'm not shy when it come the taking the photos. But I hate the stupid people that take the the mess up photos when I'm not pay any mind to them.

Years
  • I'm not bothered as long as I can trust the person not to stick it on Facebook. For the most part they would though so I literally walk away to avoid it sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    It totally depends what kind of picture it is.

If someone takes a picture of me while I'm doing something, or even pretending to do something, it's fine. Like, I don't mind pretending to shove a huge piece of food in my mouth. But if it's anything where I have to pose or I'm looking at the camera, I hate it. I get all nervous and then I look stupid in the picture.

The only thing worse than posed pictures... Photos for like, ID cards and licenses and stuff. I simply dread picture day at school every year because I know the picture is going to be absolutely horrifying, and then I have to look at the bad picture on my ID card all the time for a whole year.
    The photo on my driver's permit is also pretty atrocious... But I don't have to look at that all the time, at least.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Noooooooooope. Like, at all. I never knew why until Razor Leaf pointed it out to me: when I smile, my top-lip decides to magically vanish from my face, making me look like some paedophile lusting after a six-year-old. So, photographs are kind of a no-no for me.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Last time I took a photo of myself was months ago....that already tells a lot about my photo-taking interests. I really don't like it when people take photos of me, in all honesty. I have my reasons.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I am not photogenic... I don't mind pictures if I know they are coming, but please please PLEASE stop surprise picturing me and posting them on Facebook dammit!

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • So... do you like your photo being taken, are you fine with taking photos of yourself? If so how often do you do it, and in what circumstances? If you don't like your photo being taken, why not?
    i'm okay with having people, or myself, taking photos of me. although taking photos [of myself] isn't something i actually do on a regular basis, it's not something i avoid (unless i'm being stalked or something).

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't like my photo being taken by other people because I don't trust them enough. I may sometimes take photos of myself, if I'm wearing sunglasses, because without them, I look like a total douche.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No. I hate getting my photo taken. But unfortunately I have a photo-taking loving mother who is always trying to take my picture over everything. I cover my face up so she can never take my picture anymore. I've been camera shy since 2007 and I'm proud of it. I have less pictures of myself now.

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    I was made fun of how I looked that I was ugly and whatnot when I was younger, and have loathed having my picture taken, even to this day I feel that way.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I used to not care very much, but now when my photo is being taken, I instinctively think about how it's going to appear on Facebook, and that's when I stop liking having my picture taken. It just becomes broadcast to the world.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I always hated my photo being taken period. They always came out horribly and if anything they just made me feel bad about myself.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • No,because the smiles in photos most of time are a fake smiles for the picture..that and i feel like i don't look the same as pictures lol

i like to take a photo for my shadow shape it's more of cool for me and for me with the sea wich hardly show my face...i hate taking photos

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • I really hate it too. Usually that is because I feel shy, or I am not "stylish" enough. But on rare occasions, when I either have confidence or in a mood to, I'd say yes, but that is only with my friends or girlfriend and it must be away from my family.

Back