• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you picture people as their avatar/theme?

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
  • When you see a person on PC who you haven't seen a picture of, do you imagine them as looking like the character in their theme? For example:

Limey says:
    *So I do picture Larry as a Heatran

I do a lot. Before I saw a picture of Siggy, I pictured her as her character. Same with Odam(X-626). I used to picture him as an Umbreon XD;

Anyway, do you do this?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I picture most people as whatever my mind has them as. I dunno. It's kind of like when you read a book, you don't exactly know what the characters looks like, but you have your imagined versions.

Even when I've seen pictures of people, i.e. Nick and Geoff, I still see them as my mind has them. :[

Years
  • Fact is that for the majority of people, I have no material to shape my mental image of them other than the themes they may have. Believe it or not, a lot of people have a particular style and choice of themes that make them rather easy to pick out.

So yes, I picture a number of people on this forum as their avatar/themes. And I know various people do the same with me.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • it's only natural to...

...of course, you don't seriously think that they take the form of their avatar or profile imagery (I'm neither a ghost pokemon nor a metroid), but it's the image that stays with you to help identify their posts...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I create a mental picture of every person that I talk to on the internet. It's only natural for your brain to associate text coming to you in real-time with an image. It's funny, I don't actually question how silly it would be to see, say an Umbreon or Siggu's character sitting at a computer until you think back on it. XD

However, once I see someone's picture, my mental image changes. Once I saw pictures of Nica, Adam, Klippy, and a host of others, I no longer associated them with their various themes, but rather their true faces. If indeed those were you true faces. >>

You all seriously see me as a giant fire-type pokémon? Time for a theme change. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Good luck to people who try to image me as my theme, since I change it every month (and I'm not a girl \o/)

I tend to recognize people by their themes, especially if they've had it for a long time, but I know that they could look radically different than what I imagine =P

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
  • Thinking for longer then you have to is a waste of time when compiled with all the other times you think about useless matters.
    If I had to say though,
    I agree with Sublime,
    I always picture people as what they are in the picture.
    Weird eh?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yep I do.

I don't feel ashamed, but sometimes I judge people to much by what their theme is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    idk what I imagine people as. In dreams it's usually usernames or avatars.

But in general I think of people asss... their avatars. Since I don't really remember how people look. XD;

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • If someone has been using a theme for a long time then I'm more likely to associate them with that image. But if I've seen a real picture of them, that doesn't really happen anymore.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Yeah I tend to, if the avatar has a human in it I tend to think the person looks like that. Bad habit Dx

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    *read the first page*

. . . Am I the only one here who doesn't picture what people look like in general? XD No, I don't picture people as their themes. I don't picture them at all. At best, my mind is black when I'm talking to someone else unless there's a time that thinking is called for. Like right now. Even then, I just think of the words I'm writing. Which is most likely why half my posts are ramblings.​

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • I look at the avatar/theme and on the basis of that invent my own persona of what I think they look like.

Mostly its horribly wrong.

Years
  • It really depends on that theme.
    Take mine for example, I hope you don't all imagine me as a skeleton sitting at a computer, because that would be an amazing trick.

If someone's photo is in their signature, then I will get a feeling of what type of person they are.
    If it is something random, then I will see.
    One bad thing about my personality, is i judge very quickly, however, 70% of the time, I am normally right in my prediction >.>

Any who, back the to the question.
    Sometimes I do.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I picture people as the ones featured in sigs/avatars. Usually I'll picture them as the theme that I remember the most. Only a handful of people appear as they actually look in my mind and that's just because I've seen their pictures (or, you know, met them) enough to remember. If they have no memorable themes and I can't remember (or don't know) what they look like, I don't picture anyone.

I wonder how many people will forever picture me as Sho Minamimoto? lmao.

Years
  • I picture people as the ones featured in sigs/avatars. Usually I'll picture them as the theme that I remember the most. Only a handful of people appear as they actually look in my mind and that's just because I've seen their pictures (or, you know, met them) enough to remember. If they have no memorable themes and I can't remember (or don't know) what they look like, I don't picture anyone.

I wonder how many people will forever picture me as Sho Minamimoto? lmao.
    We all know you love Assassins Creed 2! XDDDDDD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I don't (Mostly because people's themes are anime characters etc), but my God I hope people look at mine and think "He is almost certainly a super-intelligent Scyther. From England. Who can somehow type with his scythes."

Edit: Or a weird ghost-thing =/

Back