• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    This is entirely my own opinion and no offence to anyone who smokes but I really, really detest smoking. It smells horrendous and the result is disgusting. I don't believe the image of smoking being "cool" applies as much in society now as it used to, but I have always seen it as something that is bad and can easily ruin a person's life - with regards to both their health and finances.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    I smoked for a week when I joined the military, but it wasn't for me, so I stopped, plus I enjoy my health and didn't want to destroy it after I got smart. I did smoke some weed in high school though, but quickly out grew that phase as well. Now, I shun it completely. My health > smoke.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I don't smoke cigarettes, but I do smoke marajuana though. I don't take that medical stuff though because it doesn't calm me down when my I.E.D is running high or my A.D.D. is real slow.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    sort of. i don't smoke fags, i don't enjoy it, although i sometimes like the taste (mostly with cigars), sometimes i feel worse for it.

i smoke cannabis, which i enjoy, i have a good time. i do it moderately enough so that it doesn't make a strong hole in my pocket, and i think, all things considered i'm willing to scorch my lungs a bit to enjoy myself.

people close to me have died from smoking. people who are close to me may die from smoking. but those same people have taught me not to judge those who do. it's not stupid to smoke. if you don't know what it's doing to you, it's ignorant. and if you know that you may get addicted, and then do, then that is ignorant. something to consider is that the tolerance curve for nicotine is very high, not long after taking up the habit, the effects will decrease and you will feel worse for it. just think long and hard first, and if you still want to, then it's not stupid.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    i dnt smoke and am not planing on ever smoking cause its dumb and it can kill u

but heres my questions

wat would ur mom do if she somehow found out tat u smoke a cigaret from her pack

are u gona do it again

why did do it in ta first place

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    No, I don't smoke cigarettes. I haven't tried and I don't plan on trying because you don't get a high from it. I've tried smoking weed before but I don't anymore.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    i dnt smoke and am not planing on ever smoking cause its dumb and it can kill u

but heres my questions

wat would ur mom do if she somehow found out tat u smoke a cigaret from her pack

are u gona do it again

why did do it in ta first place
    She would have probably told my father and I would have been in some serious trouble.
    Uh well I already smoked up to 6 cigarettes so uh yes?
    I dunno I was tempted and all.

WobbuffetPokemon

Call me Wobbuffet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    Prrrr...Do I really need to smoke?

No...I don't smoke because I want a better healt and by the way I'm a nephew of a Priest!

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    No...I don't smoke because I want a better healt and by the way I'm a nephew of a Priest!
    Uh... what do your relation with a priest have to do with reasonings why you don't smoke.

Anyway, I don't. I dislike most all of the side effects, the smell and when people become so dependent on it. Plus the whole idea of smoking anything turns me off. :S

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Why do you automatically assume he's trying to be cool by smoking? Some people are just stupid enough to try it, and when they try to opt out, they can't. Because they're addicted. Honestly, what's this 'down with the establishment' or 'aren't you a total rebel'? Stop trying to look cool on a forum by bashing somebody about nothing, no matter how subtly you're trying to do it. It's just not a cool thing to do.

As for me, I've tried it a few times. But it's not really my thing.

Because all 16 year olds just smoke for the hell of it, yeah? I'm pretty sure he was trying to be cool around his friends.

As for me, no. Probably never will smoke. It's not my thing. :[

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    I do...but im trying to quit because it makes practice really hard.

I enjoy smoking because it helps me relax and deal with my very stressful life. However, it is unhealthy for you and can cause life-threatening disease. I do not recommend this habit to anyone who has not already started. It's nasty and makes you smell like it all day long.

Also, I HATE people who HATE people just because they smoke. Hating someone for any reason is a horrible thing to do. And for those who hate others for such stupid reasons are generally hated by others as well. Stop spreading hate.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I used to smoke cigarettes, but quit about a year ago. before anyone says anything, no, I wasn't doing it just to "look cool," I actually found smoking to be quite relaxing and stress-relieving. Why did I quit? I knew about all the harmful effects on your body smoking can have, even while I was doing it. That wasn't what caused me to quit. It was a combination of 2 things, actually; my past girlfriend asking me to, and the fact that a pack of cigarettes in MA now runs you about $7 a pack X_X

So in short..no. About the addiction piece, I don't deny that it may be an addiction to some people, but I myself never became fully addicted. I never really had a cigarette "craving," but then again, maybe that's just because I hadn't smoked for a long period of time before quitting.

I do smoke natural marijuana, though. Before anyone jumps on my ass about this, I know where it's grown and who it's grown by, so there are no artificial hallucinogens put in it. Contrary to what some media may have you to believe, look at the studies, smoking natural marijuana is far less harmful for your body than filtered cigarettes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back