• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I have a few friends that smoke (One does it like once a week), and after talking with them quite a bit about it, I guess I can see why people do it. A lot of people assume that choosing to smoke is some sort of character flaw, or the person who does it is just ignorant. I get mad at those friends sometimes, because I care about them and their health, but as for a stranger who happens to smoke? I'm not in a position to judge them based solely on that. Some people do it because it relaxes them or helps them cope with stress. Some people simply enjoy it for the "taste" of cigarettes or cigars. Are there better ways to do those things besides smoking? Probably, but that's their choice, not mine.

I myself would never do it. I care way too much about my health to even think about it. The damage it does to your lungs is just....bleh. No thanks. It's not worth getting cancer over =/

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    No, I'm not stupid enough to destroy my health just for whatever feeling you get by smoking, I wouldn't know because I'm not a smoker, I don't smoke, and I never will.

I'd rather be healthy and I don't want my lungs to be black. kthxbai.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
    Nah I don't and I won't, not because any medical reasons or because of the retarded anti-smoking commercials, just because I know I wouldn't like it. I have friends who do it plenty though :3.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Smoking is bad for your health. I'm concerned about mine, so I don't. Plus, I think it's gross.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You stole from your own mother?
    Why?
    Don't answer that.

Yeah I used to smoke a fair bit, but i've pretty much quit now.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    I have never smoked nor do I ever plan to.
    I can't even second hand smoke, that's how much I dislike breathing in tobacco fumes.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    No, I don't, and don't plan to after seeing in a video the amount of tar the average smoker produces. *shudders*

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Never I will never smoke because I just hate the smell of any kind of smoke really....

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    cigarettes? nope, never
    cigars? yes, when I was younger (9-10 y/o), my dad let me take whiffs of his. :P
    marijuana? on occasion... >_>

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs, and can be bad if done habitually.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Man oh man...doesn't ANYONE pay attention in health class anymore O_O.

I do not smoke, and I never plan to. it destroys your lung...it can even do more damage if you're female. there are a lot of people that i know who smoke...most of which I'm surprised to know. (because every time I see them, they are not smoking)

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    I'd say that you were smart for having not starting smoking, but with that mentality you sound like a dick.

okay okay yes i know it sounds dumb but i dont mean it literally i was using that part to set up a joke. so no i dont want to smoke ever, take second hand smoke, or beat people up who smoke. okay. just puttin' that out there.

Years
    No I don't. A guy I used to date with smoked in the car all the time and I got sick a lot. Now, I don't have contact with him because he wasn't a very nice person. (I wish they could have given me my stuff-2 pokemon games, Fam Guy DVD, and Playstation back at least.) I don't want to smoke. I know what it's like to kiss a guy with cigarette breath. The taste is not pleasant. I see what smoking does to others. Why should I smoke if there are so many people trying to quit and they can't? If I'm upset, I play Pokemon or some other video game. I'm sorry for those of you who do smoke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back