• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't know.

I was 17, though, when I started.

Most people I know started at 14/15. It may be that I know less 14/15 year olds, but it seems to be that they drink less now.

Also, maybe we should stop quoting each other? Our posts are right under the previous one, so it seems a bit weird, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ah, the Netherlands.

Here in the US, the drinking age is still 21. And it still makes no sense.

Apparently the government feels a person isn't responsible enough to consume a drink until 21 but feel that the same person can handle a motor vehicle at the age of 16.

I don't know which age law annoys people more, the drinking age or the age of consent.

Age of consent is 17, at least in NY. I think that's fair enough.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Age of consent is 17, at least in NY. I think that's fair enough.
    It's 18 here in California. The reason I mentioned how it might be annoy for some is because of the scenario of an 18-year-old going to jail for dating a 17-year-old, which is against the age of consent in other states.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't know about you guys, but in regards to dating laws in Indy as long as you've been in a relationship with the person for 8 months before you turn 18 the age of consent doesn't matter. But if not then aoc is 16.

And in regards to drinking, In 2012 the state passed a law that said basically if you're drinking underage and someone starts having a problem that you have to call 911 but nothing can be done to you legal wise, although the party will be ended and everyone sent home of course. Colorado, Florida and New York. also have similar laws.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yeah it's a similar law here. They can't do anything to you if you drink at home, or even at a house party. It's called a front door policy. At dance parties they check heavily though.

Years
    Back at the beginning of last semester, I came into the dorm of two of these girls that i've seen around campus a handful of times, and they weren't 21 but had alcohol in their room. And on my very first day back this semester, they made me take one of the purple chairs from the second floor lounge into their room. I wanted to say "no, that's the college's", but they were incessant. I think I may like one of them, though.

Sir Codin

Actually, Green Tea doesn't directly cause you to lose weight, but since it has zero calories (without add-ons like sugar or honey) and it can easily replace soft drinks with how often you drink it. So it's not the Green Tea itself that causes weight-loss, it's the fact that you are now addicted to it instead of sugary drinks.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
    That's certainly an aspect of it, but not the only one.

"The active compounds in green tea can aid in this process by boosting the effects of some fat burning hormones.

The main antioxidant in tea, EGCG, can help inhibit an enzyme that breaks down the hormone norepinephrine.

When this enzyme is inhibited, the amount of norepinephrine increases.

This hormone is used by the nervous system as a signal to the fat cells, telling them to break down fat. Therefore, more norepinephrine leads to a stronger signal being sent to the fat cell and more fat gets broken down.

Caffeine and EGCG (both found naturally in green tea) may actually have a synergistic effect, because caffeine enhances another step in the same pathway."

You can read the whole article here, if you'd like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    No more tea for me. I need a ton of calories if I hope to gain any weight. Carbs carbs carbs!

Sir Codin

More tea for me, though, because I need to LOSE a ton of weight.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Good luck with it. I really admire people who can push through with losing weight.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Tea? Lightweight. All aboard the Caffeine train! This train doesn't stop 'til it reaches the destination. Sure it's a bit jittery, and it's worried where the other trains are, but you won't find a faster train anywhere.

Fun stuff: Saw the Guess Who on Saturday. When you see a guy play the piano, the guitar, the sax, and the flute it makes you want to pick up an instrument. He also played a mean tambourine.

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
    Caffeine? Lightweight! All aboard the Whiskey train!
    Honestly, though. Let's not cycle back around, already.

Carchar, I think I speak for all of us when I say you've got our support! I won't say it'll be easy, but you can definitely do it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I remember there was an article that had a top 10 ways to lose weight without exercising, and these were:

1. standing up straight all the time and having your spine hunched
    2. drinking water with a piece of lemon
    3. eat small pieces of large food bit by bit
    4. relax
    5. not chewing gum
    6. walking most of the time each day

The last four I couldn't remember.

Yukari

I wonder how well those actually work in practice?

*Sigh* I weigh about 265 pounds. But my doctor said that I need to be around 180. ;;

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back