• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    How do I think I am with spending money? Well, most of what I spend it on nowadays consists of dinners when I go out on the weekends, or that or lunches when i'm at work. I haven't bought many new media or music in a little while, so I think I do a decent job at holding on to it when I need to. Since I have over $18k, I can get almost anything I feel like.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Good at handling my money. I save quite a bit of my monthly paycheque.. and I consider myself a responsible adult.

Senusret: Wear a long top and undo the top pants button. No one will know.

As a person who is gradually transitioning into adulthood and it's responsibilities, what percentage would you say you put away? Just as a reference.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    As a person who is gradually transitioning into adulthood and it's responsibilities, what percentage would you say you put away? Just as a reference.

It's as much as I can that month, but depending on the month (like xmas gets expensive, or when there are a lot of birthdays or occasions then it varies.)

45% goes to mandatory bills (rent, water, council taxes, etc.) This is pretty much always set as 45% unless I rack up something extra on my phone bill like needing to call a 0800 number.
    Average percentages are the following:
    20%(but sometimes up to 30%) goes to food, household, medical, travel, days out, and treats for myself/others, etc.
    35% (but sometimes down to 25%) goes to savings. Obviously I try and make this % as high as I can for the month without sacrificing health/ quality of life, but food can be pretty expensive so that's mainly the reason this isn't higher than the average 35%.

I wish the cost of living wasn't so pricey. Once I have enough savings for a downpayment then hopefully it wont feel like I'm "throwing away" money to renters.

Years
    Ah, yes. Good thing living on a college campus exempts me from having to pay for nearly all of these things, but once i'm done with that most likely come the end of the year, I may be moving into a condo for a little while and then i'd have to pay off what I can on my own. Wonder how much the colleges out there today are able to afford that they have to pay off the bills that we're taking onto account the usage of...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I wish the cost of living wasn't so pricey. Once I have enough savings for a downpayment then hopefully it wont feel like I'm "throwing away" money to renters.

"Pricey"

Why am I seeing it spelled this way everywhere? I swear, I thought it was spelled "pricy"! Now it's all 'pricey' and it looks weird, maybe I haven't gotten out much...

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    "Pricey"

Why am I seeing it spelled this way everywhere? I swear, I thought it was spelled "pricy"! Now it's all 'pricey' and it looks weird, maybe I haven't gotten out much...

Pricy is a variant spelling of Pricey and both of them are usually listed in dictionaries. It isn't one of those American vs. British English things like some people think it is (apparently people thought it was one of those things?), but both sides use both. Just "pricey" tends to be more popular than "pricy" for most people. I use Pricey myself - pricy looks weird to me haha.

Sir Codin

There are a lot of things that look weird to me sometimes.

Like my real first name: Tyler

Is that seriously how it's spelled? Weird.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    There are a lot of things that look weird to me sometimes.

Like my real first name: Tyler

Is that seriously how it's spelled? Weird.

I'm the same way about my first name. Teresa. It gets annoying to think about it too much, loll.

There's a lot of words that bother me in the way they're spelled, actually x_x

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I always thought the name Nicolai made no sense in its spelling. I hated it. But I love the sound of the name, so I reworked it into what I think is the proper spelling, Nicholi. In the original Greek it would be Νιχολι, as opposed to Νικολαι.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Well the name Matttt would be amazing to have just to see people pronounce it like they were Hannibal Lecter. Speaking of names, I love mentioning my English nickname to people just for the cliched Baywatch reference. See, Dimitrios in greek is usually shortened to Mitsos, and the way Mitsos sounds it translates to Mitch, which is something my ex-best friend slapped on me way back when. Ever since then that's what my parents call me, and when people hear it, they then do the reference

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have a really standard name, Ben. It's not even Benjamin or something, just Ben. Think I was named after a Michael Jackson song.

Oh My God, We're name buddies. People sing that song to me all the time. Or make fun of my name because my first name and last name make kind of a sentence in dutch.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My last name is really kinda awkward to say to certain people, so I'm not gonna say it, haha. But either way, that's pretty darn awesome. Ben is a bit plain, but it's still a good name!

I like my name a lot, but I think that's just because it's mine, and you kinda get used to it after a while.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Well, if you really insist we can change that, haha.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Okay, meet me by the roof top and we'll duel it out.

One on one, Fox only, no items. If we run we must put our arms behind us like Naruto does, and we give our attacks names that probably sound cool in japanese, but sound a bit weird in English, those are my terms.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Final Destination. GG no re.

You can't just go around changing the location. I'm on my roof already. It's really cold here, hurry up please, I don't know how long I can hold this awesome stance with the moon behind me for. My back kinda starts to hurt.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Sorry, but the lag is preventing me from entering your room!

/me does an awesome slow motion walk across the stage

Well, too bad for you, because awesome slow motion walking, TRIGGERS MY TRAP CARD!

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh no!

blood splatters everywhere, achromatic falls to the ground in slow motion.

"Not bad...you bastard."

Is this the part were I let my eyes twinkle with madness and threaten to kill everyone, while weirdly laughing of course, and you just faked and stab me from behind?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back