• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    We had class from 8 to 1, but now the semester is over, with exams being in the 7-9 range for grades. Out of 10, which is essential the B to A- range. Next semester has more classses, so god knows what's gonna happen.

Years
  • I've had one evening class every semester, in my first one in fall 2013 it was from 7:15 to 8:45 (well technically 9:45 but our professor would always let us out way before then). Then in spring 2014 I would reside in that same room from 6 to a bit after 8, and now and last semester I had one from 4:30 to 7. I'm alright with the night classes when I only have one to deal with each time, although I like to unwind in the night hours I can put up with them.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The latest I ever had a professor take a class was around 10pm...and that was a makeup class because we'd missed one due to snow. My master's program is a distance program, so the night before our normal class time was the only time he could get us all together.

I only ever took one 8am class, and I only took that because I absolutely adored the professor (I had taken another class with him before) and thought the class would be interesting (and filled a general studies requirement). Otherwise, I'd never sign up for a class before 9am because lol no.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I hated taking night classes. I don't think I ever took a class past 3pm and enjoyed it.

Though of course, if you want a morning or midday class, you have to register for it as soon as possible. They're always the first to go ;(

Years
  • First semester I was off at college (that wasn't the local community college), I had some morning classes that I ended up having to drop because somehow, I just was not able to keep up with them. Having to get up early for them kicked my backside. Thankfully I got used to them in later semesters and was fine with them then.

...even on the nights where I managed only one to three hours of sleep. Yay insomnia.

Although those morning classes were things like photography or jewelrymaking, so they were at least somewhat engaging. Yay studio classes.

Years
  • Damn, you guys have it rough. I thought it was outrageous when I had a lecture or tute that finished at 6 pm (it was made worse by the fact I had a lecture at 8 am on those days...).

Years
  • When I was at community college, I would be taking classes as early as 8 AM, and some people thought that was a bit much to ask to be up so early. The earliest start time i've had a class at the university is 9:40, though, which gives me a bit more time to adequately prepare every day.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Earliest I've had is 8AM when I was in first year for Uni two years ago. We'd have two lectures at 8AM which was hard, because I was always falling asleep in them. I live quite a distance from school that normally has me up around 5:30 - 6:00AM so I was always exhausted. Then we'd have a set of tutorials at 8:30am on Thursdays and Fridays which didn't help. I'd also have one class which always finished around 6:30PM some days which was horrible because I still had to travel a long distance home.

I think for us they gave all the horrid times to all the first years (they still do), the older you get the later your classes are because most of mine now are around 10 or 12 and finish 2-3 hours later. Most of the time I'd have only one class a day, sometimes two if I was unlucky.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    8 am is normal for classes to start :p I was totally spoiled last year when all my lectures started at 10 and this year I almost always start working at 9. But sometimes I have to work late in the evening so maybe it cancels out.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well in Australia a school day is only 6 hours and one of those is made up of recess and lunch so that makes it 5. Not that much difference really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Here in the United States, public schools start classes as early as 7:25 AM so idk why you guys are complaining about 8 AM classes. A lot of people in college go after the afternoon and evening classes because public school left a bad taste in student's mouths when it came to early morning classes.

I personally don't mind it because I feel too weird to be starting my day at 2 PM instead of the more natural 8 AM. I'd rather have all my scholastic stuff out the way as early as possible so that I have the rest of the day to myself.

Years
  • I think I might have rioted if I'd ever been in a public school that started that early omg

And I thought moving from a place where the schools started at 9 am to a place where schools started at 8 am was the worst thing ever when I was young!

7:25 am was like...start running for the bus stop time for me in high school. :p Okay, more like a brisk walk, but still.

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • I hated going to school early. It wasn't the point of being lazy, but I had too much homework to get a balanced sleep and to do other things.

Years
  • I did absolutely nothing this weekend. Played games, slept, and ate. Pretty much the same thing I do everyday. Oh and walking, I do that almost everyday. Mainly on weekends or off school days.

Years
  • I did nothing this weekend either, yaaay. Except order pizza. That was happiness.

Woke up with a sore throat today though.. sigh. Been getting sick often this winter. :[

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My weekend was playing a song with the band for some people, and the next day just sleeping because I was exhausted because of my Pfeiffer. I did more than most weekends.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Well play what we feel like, mostly rock/pop punk. Sometimes we play some metal. We've been playing since November I think. Although I maybe quitting to start another band, as our drummer and lead guitarist have another band were their priorities lie. But on the other hand, they may disband soon too, and then it wouldn't be a problem. It's bit complicated, haha. And I had some offers from other bands that need a singer. I'll probably just lay low a while and just jam with my little brother.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • My weekend was playing a song with the band for some people, and the next day just sleeping because I was exhausted because of my Pfeiffer. I did more than most weekends.
    wow m8 that's basically exactly my weekend except I did this yesterday, and on Saturday I hung out with friends at night which was lovely but other than that totally nothing. and now I have today off due to snow and tomorrow off because it was already scheduled for whatever reason so this is my second four-day weekend in a row and then I have next week off. Aight

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back