• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I wish I could say that I spent my weekend performing with a band, but it was nothing nearly as interesting. 8D;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I spent my weekend getting shunned/shamed for my musical interests. Isn't family great?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    i got a haircut and i wanna know: where did this forehead come from

Years
  • Can't wait to actually be able to drive. I passed the written test, but didn't go to the DMV to get the permit itself. I still have a lot of time but the sooner the better, then 6 months, then license time. Driving on my own time would be great, since I have so much of it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    On one hand I wanna drive so badly. Like, its going to be my one economic goal till I do get a license and car. On the other hand, I'm scared of what I'm gonna do with one, the freedom of driving might just make me go fuck it one day and drive off for days and lose my job. :/

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I didn't get my license until I was 17 because I was scared to drive lmao. It's really not bad once you're used to and comfortable with it! I was lucky enough to be given an old Honda Civic that two of my siblings had owned before haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I got my license at 20, because I was just fed up with the limited public transportation. Not only I was able to break free from that, it actually gave me some freedom to actually go around town, like traveling to Yuma or San Diego.

When I moved to San Diego, I used my car less because I was fascinated with the trolley there. haha. But then, gas prices were really expensive back in the day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I don't think I'll be needing a license anytime soon since I live in NYC, where everything is near a bus or train. I have my permit though.

Years
  • ^Basically that, except.. I got my license a few years ago anyway ahah. But I hate driving so I've not done it since. Plenty of places in my area are within walking distance and if they're not it's better to go by bus/train anyway, since those areas tend to be packed with cars.

Years
  • My sister used to laugh at me for liking 80's music, since that was the bulk of what I listened to at that point...then some while later I caught her enjoying a Journey song. HAH!

I didn't get my own license until about uh...sometime past 18, oh gosh I don't even remember right now. Maybe it was closer to 20 as well. It was definitely several years after getting my permit at 16, and I remember not getting my license the moment I could because I'd been put off driving because a truck had slammed into the back of my car at a red light when it turned green. I had stalled out because I wasn't entirely used to the shift, and he wasn't paying attention; thankfully he was going maybe like 5 mph max, so the most that happened was a dent in the car and some rattled nerves. To this day though I will not ever touch a standard shift because of that. Automatic or sorry you're the one driving. Actually, you're probably the one driving anyway because I'd rather not. :p

Also now I don't drive because the car is usually gone during the day and there's enough things within walking distance. If I want something I'll just have to stop being lazy and go and walk out.

Years
  • I really don't like driving. I lost my permit after we failed to renew it in 2013, then we said several times in 2014 that we were going to work on it but didn't do jack. ):

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've had my learners for five years now because I've been too lazy/busy to take the practical exam for my restricted. Taking my exam in about 2 weeks now so I'm a little bit nervous :s I want to drive and I'd like to pass it on first go, but who knows what will happen eh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back