• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Doctor Who makes all aliens seem... Well, selfish, or dominating. Is it me, or have they also been starting to dabble into mythology slightly in recent series (Werewolves, the Devil, Prophets in Pompei...)? THAT is a good thing, as all mythology could have been somehow affected by the Doctor. There should be more past episodes to show this, to me anyway.

Years
    It would be so epic to see a proper, hardcore, stereotypical alien in Doctor Who.

Waait... is Doctor Who going to have a short on Friday? It's Children In Need day...

Edit: Posted before seeing Deviation's post. Now, to reply:

Yes, they have started to kind of dabble into Myth, but it is normally in the Past, where most people 'believed' in Myths (not saying that they never existed, but...), so I think it's kind of saying that we don't know if the Myths existed or not, so don't knock them. I think...

In DWA's comic strips, it's normally aliens in distress.

Years
    Indeed. I actually LOVE DWA. =3
    I've been collecting stickers from it. =3

We need more friendly aliens like... Jabe. The tree lady, remember? She was nice...

xX
    Yeah, DWA rocks. I remember her. The sacrificial tree. :P
    (P.S. You can just select all of your text and make it darkorchid, instead of writing the tag on every line.)

Yeah, but sadly it'll probably be another crappy 30 second clip =/
    I mean the last one they did on Children in Need was 30 seconds... O.o
    I like Time Crash. It was lulzy.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Does anybody else think a flashback episode, like showing the master and doctor as kids would be fun?

Years
    Does anybody else think a flashback episode, like showing the master and doctor as kids would be fun?

Harry, you're genius is showing... [/spongebob]

T'was =D
    I've noticed that DW seems to have actually well, MATURED if that's the word?
    I mean it's all sort of coming together as they end it ;;

Well, kind of. I suppose they did that come the release of SJA, as SJA is now the children's version. But Tennant deserves a mature and epic ending. :P

I swear thinking of Waters makes my shivers. That moment where the Doctor screws up. ;_;

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    What do you mean, Spherical Ice? I do just highlight the entire post once I've finished writing it and turn it DarkOrchid! o_o

A mature ending is what David needs, definitely. We've had him too long to have him go out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Perhaps Donna will be burning up and he'll take the energy from inside her head and sacrifice himself instead...
    Waait one cotton pickin' minute! That sounds mighty familiar if you ask me...
    Oh yes. ROSE.
    Scrap that idea then. :P
    Seriously, if that happens I'll be so annoyed. Cute, but repetitive.

xX

Years
    In reply to what I said about the Children In Need thing, I found this on the official website, and it's being aired on The Red Button on Saturday 21st, which is the day after Children In Need. It's a cartoon story, though, so I doubt I'll watch it. The last time they had a cartoon story of Dr. Who, it sucked, tbh.

When I quote your posts, ArcanineOod, it's like that. Weird.

:P

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    How very, very peculiar...

Last cartoon... Didn't Martha run into the arms of the waiting Doctor, only to realise it was a mirage? That was pretty funny. ^_^

This one doesn't look like a cartoon, though. It looks like some pretty terrible 3D modelling...

xX

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    In reply to what I said about the Children In Need thing, I found this on the official website, and it's being aired on The Red Button on Saturday 21st, which is the day after Children In Need. It's a cartoon story, though, so I doubt I'll watch it. The last time they had a cartoon story of Dr. Who, it sucked, tbh.
    Oh! I remember one of them!
    The one i remembered is when Teh Doc had that fight with that oil guy or something..
    It was ageees ago though.. 3 years? [If not my life is going too fast -.-]

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    A cartoony 3D thing... I'm not watching. My opinion of Doctor Who at the moment isn't the best (it lacks something to me), and this may not really improve my thought on it.

I don't recall, which bit was that?
    I must have looked out of the window at that point...

If I think what I think he thinks, then he means when that woman decides to shoot herself in her home, changing history but only tiny. When he realises what she is about to do, the horror then I think, of going too far.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I mean, I'll watch it if I'm watching the Red Nose thing, but other than that I'm not really bothered.

Anyone here read any Doctor Who books? I have to reccomend 'The Stone Rose'. It's a very interesting, exciting book. =3

xX

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I mean, I'll watch it if I'm watching the Red Nose thing, but other than that I'm not really bothered.

Anyone here read any Doctor Who books? I have to reccomend 'The Stone Rose'. It's a very interesting, exciting book. =3

xX
    I read that, i struggled to get through it though =/
    Though it was a great book.. Have you read The Clockwise Man?
    That's got to be the best DW book i've read =D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024

xX

Ah, I did mean to get it. But I forgot. I highly recommend the Deviant Strain though, if we are recommending. Even though it takes a while to truly get into, it is a good book. As is the Feast of the Drowned.

Clockwise Man was awesome! Whilst not my favourite, I did love it so much!

Well, after stating my opinion on the Red Nose Day thing, I must say that... Well, they used to do Doctors colliding (The 3 Doctors, the 5 Doctors...), so why not do another (I know that the older Doctors are dead, but Peter Davison, Tom Baker, Colin Baker (despite changing a bit), Sylvester McCoy, Paul Mcgann, Christopher Eccleston and David Tenant (and probably Matt Smith)... That would make my Christmas, if it was next year... Even if it was the latter 3, I wouldn't mind, but there is bound to be a foe the Doctor needs help with, even more than just a companion, but more of him.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

xX

I read that, i struggled to get through it though =/
    Though it was a great book.. Have you read The Clockwise Man?
    That's got to be the best DW book i've read =D

I'm pretty sure I've read both of those, though I can't really remember what happens in them =|

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I have bought so many Doctor Who books, and once I start reading them I usually really enjoy them, but I just find it hard to pick up the book and start reading.
    I've also read Martha in the Mirror which was pretty good, and The Pirate Loop which was AWESOME.
    I plan to read The Slitheen Excursion next. Anyone here read it?
    xX

Back