• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else think that Blaziken was a bad move?

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I'd use Blaziken in battle as well, but the concept that a fire chicken (birdie) becoming a fighting type over a flying type just escapes me as to how it would seem sucessful.

Infernape and such, I understand, monkey, fighting, like Primeape. But chickens...as fighters? (don't bring up ****-fighting, I doubt that's what they were going for, but who knows).

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Its meant to be a gamecock.
    You know one of them fighting chickens so the obvious choice would be fighting type.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I dont care XD
    I love Blaziken
    But yeah, Fighting over flying confuses me but oh well, they cant really change it now.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I'm with liam.sherif on this. It's a gamecock. What makes you doubt that? I mean... Look at it, and look at Combusken. They look like fighting roosters/chickens.

Also, chickens can't even really fly... Blaziken really doesn't look like a Flying type to me. I think it's fine the way it is, actually.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • I'm with liam.sherif on this. It's a gamecock. What makes you doubt that? I mean... Look at it, and look at Combusken. They look like fighting roosters/chickens.

Also, chickens can't even really fly... Blaziken really doesn't look like a Flying type to me. I think it's fine the way it is, actually.

Ehh, I guess. Just never liked the idea myself (not for morality due to gamecock-fighting, just it doesn't seem all that "badass" for Pokemon per se).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It doesn't exactly have wings to fly, now does it?
    Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Continuing from the gamecock notion (I'm surprised no one has immaturely mentioned the use of the word **** yet), Torchic seems to gradually realise it's not gonna fly, since it's a chicken-like creature, so turns into more of a fighting... thing.
    For once, it's like a real-world evolution rather than just a Pokemon becoming larger and stronger; flowery joy all round.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    blaziken rulezzz...(ill take anyone of you on..!, with my blazer!!!!!)^_^"!

actually in the philippines they use chickens in fighting in a sport called "sabong"(they use the talons of the chickens for battling!)so its a good move!

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Continuing from the gamecock notion (I'm surprised no one has immaturely mentioned the use of the word **** yet), Torchic seems to gradually realise it's not gonna fly, since it's a chicken-like creature, so turns into more of a fighting... thing.
    For once, it's like a real-world evolution rather than just a Pokemon becoming larger and stronger; flowery joy all round.

LOL.
    U SAID ****.

But anyways.
    I do think its supposed to be a fighting chicken. which is lame. :(

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i remember my combusken learning peck & mirror move, so theoreticaly blaziken is related to flying.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Empoleon can learn peck,
    but we all know penguins cant fly!
    and i think Goldeen can learn peck too.
    its just a horn/beak thing.

Years
  • Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I have a gamecock ; )

I immaturely used it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Don't get me wrong, I'd use Blaziken in battle as well, but the concept that a fire chicken (birdie) becoming a fighting type over a flying type just escapes me as to how it would seem sucessful.

Infernape and such, I understand, monkey, fighting, like Primeape. But chickens...as fighters? (don't bring up ****-fighting, I doubt that's what they were going for, but who knows).

Well, yes. I mean, just about all of the third generation and fourth generation were an epic fail. I mean, a giant whale known as Wailord and an old fish known as Relicanth that you have to have in your party in order to released the Regis? Of course, loads of logic there.

Of course, some people think that Blaziken is an amazing Pokèmon. I suppose it's all based on personal preference and when you were introduced to Pokèmon. I have never met any Pokèmon fan that started liking Pokèmon around the first and second generations that have said the third and the fourth generations were better than the first two. Nintendo/GameFreak lost creativity and grabbed onto lifelines. Their lifeline this time was a red chicken that knows martial arts.

Oh, well, life goes on.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
  • 雀 said:
    This basically sums up my sentiments towards the evolution line.

But remember, it's also a fantasy - even if they weren't going for such a concept, they could just have merged two concepts into one, because they can. Personally I think it worked well - I quite like Blaziken.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • i remember my combusken learning peck & mirror move, so theoreticaly blaziken is related to flying.
    Mamoswine learns Peck and it obviously isn't a flying type. Now, you just don't go outside and say "Hey look! A flying mammoth!" everyday, now would you?

I agree, Blaziken was an idea desperately thought up when no other hope was given for a fire starter. Chickens are in no way related to martial arts. The creators of Pokemon made a bigger mistake when Infernape was introduced. Now a monkey with martial art skills isn't nearly as silly as a kung-fu chicken, but Infernape had the exact same typing as Blaziken and the same flaming tail as Charizard. It is quite clear now, GameFreak is obviously running out of ideas for new Pokemon. Of course, many have come to look up to Blaziken as most would usually look up to the fire type starter. If you look at it from a neutral point of view, it is quite bad.

LOYALemerald, I'd just like you to know that Pokemon can learn moves outside of their usual typing. Alakazam can learn Thunderpunch and it's not Electric. PorygonZ can learn Icebeam and it isn't Ice. That's just the way Pokemon is.

Back