• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone miss the Sevii Islands in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXI JOE IXx

I don't miss the Sevii islands, but they should have expanded heart gold/ soul silvers campaign after johto

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • When was that ever established?
    When the company said it themselves. Not to mention they have hints to rocket being beaten by a kid and the story of FR/LG being posted on the HGSS site. Which is ultimately why I'm bothered with the lack of islands. IF established to be a follow up to a game, and one area of the previous game is to be in, the main assumption is the other will too.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I like HG/SS the way it is, I would be kinda pissed if they put the island in there, cause it'll be useless in the G/S remake. So basically I don't miss them in this game.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years

• When the company said it themselves. Not to mention they have hints to rocket being beaten by a kid and the story of FR/LG being posted on the HGSS site. Which is ultimately why I'm bothered with the lack of islands. IF established to be a follow up to a game, and one area of the previous game is to be in, the main assumption is the other will too.

The rest you said are valid points, but the "being beaten by a kid" can also mean R/B/Y, because you played a "kid" and beat Team Rocket. Also remember the G/S universe takes place a few years after R/B/Y, as would HG/SS, and if following your logic should take place a few years after FR/LG, and that way anything could have happened to the Sevii Islands in that time, and also think that there are no errands you need to do there, Nintendo never makes regions without errands to do ...

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2009
    Would anyone else be frustratedly disappointed if they entered the Kanto power plant and ... Although I'm not expecting the Sevii Islands to be in HG/SS, ... I can't wait too see the train animation! I've missed it since silver.......

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • The rest you said are valid points, but the "being beaten by a kid" can also mean R/B/Y, because you played a "kid" and beat Team Rocket. Also remember the G/S universe takes place a few years after R/B/Y, as would HG/SS, and if following your logic should take place a few years after FR/LG, and that way anything could have happened to the Sevii Islands in that time, and also think that there are no errands you need to do there, Nintendo never makes regions without errands to do ...
    HGSS replaces GSC as the canon games as did FR/LG. Its common knowledge by know that HGSS would take place after FR/LG what with the aging of the Kanto leaders and its changes. With the Sevii Islands much more could have been done with them. Seeing how 3 years passed a frontier could have been situtated there or even one facility on each islands or something. Hell they could have put gyms and new leaders for the islands as technically its a region of sorts. I'm pretty much upset that they made the islands disappear and that Leaf isn't anywhere to be seen.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I really don't see a point in putting the Sevii Islands in.
    As people have said, all they were was filler in order to place Johto Pokémon, and that stupid sidequest to be able to trade to Ruby and Sapphire.
    Which turns out to be useless unless you actually had a link cable and a friend who could actually be bothered to play with you.
    I'm glad they took them out.
    They just felt like a tacky add-on to me.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • HGSS replaces GSC as the canon games as did FR/LG. Its common knowledge by know that HGSS would take place after FR/LG what with the aging of the Kanto leaders and its changes. With the Sevii Islands much more could have been done with them. Seeing how 3 years passed a frontier could have been situtated there or even one facility on each islands or something. Hell they could have put gyms and new leaders for the islands as technically its a region of sorts. I'm pretty much upset that they made the islands disappear and that Leaf isn't anywhere to be seen.

Why? What would you possibly put in there that didn't already exist in Johto or Kanto? And for the love of God, do NOT say the battle frontier! That's where the battle tower was situated in crystal and it deserves to be there. And since there are seven islands the gyms wouldn't work. And who really cares about leaf? She, just like Kris, was an add-on for female fans. This is mainly a G/S Remake, so they don't need the female from crystal in there, just like they don't need leaf. Go with the current add-ons and quit whining.

Yes, this rant was completely necessary.

EDIT: Hey, I'm first person on the third page!

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
  • I liked the Sevii Islands, had a lot of adventures on them (plenty of hours spent training Pokemon and vs. seekering), but at the same time, I can see why Nintendo got rid of them. After all, they were only there to give us access to Pokemon we couldn't get on the mainland. We've already established the fact that the GBA Slot will be in use for this game, giving us the ability to obtain Pokemon from Hoenn. Seeing as we're already in Johto and, eventually, Kanto, there's no need for the Sevii Islands. Unless they completely changed the purpose of them -- which would get rid of the need for them, in my opinion -- we can do without them.

Wireless = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Pokemon.
    GBA Slot = FireRed and LeafGreen Pokemon that weren't in the Kanto/Johto regions to begin with. Also, we get the Hoenn Pokemon that weren't already in there (if any).

All the basic neccessities are covered.

To close out: we don't need the Sevii Islands because they're no longer of use to us.

Amen. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    It would have been nice if they had given an explanation on why you couldn't go to sevi islands. You know keeping to the spirit of the original games. The original games explained everything that changed from RBY but HG and SS failed to explain everything from LG and FR.

This may not bother the older fanbase but I am thinking along the lines of the kids who played LG and FR first.

I've already seen people ask what happened to sevi islands. I've even seen people ask where lorelei is aswell since she lived on the islands.

Though I can make up an explanation on the spot that explains both. Strange that they couldn't do it unless there's some character somewhere in the game that's been missed explaining it.

Last edited:

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • It would have been nice if they had given an explanation on why you couldn't go to sevi islands. You know keeping to the spirit of the original games. The original games explained everything that changed from RBY but HG and SS failed to explain everything from LG and FR.

This may not bother the older fanbase but I am thinking along the lines of the kids who played LG and FR first.

I've already seen people ask what happened to sevi islands. I've even seen people ask where lorelei is aswell since she lived on the islands.

Though I can make up an explanation on the spot that explains both. Strange that they couldn't do it unless there's some character somewhere in the game that's been missed explaining it.
    Considering that few people here actually speak Japanese, it's possible that their absense was explained at one point in HG/SS's text.

Although in all honesty I really don't get why an explanation is needed. It's not like what happened to Cinnabar, Mt. Moon, or Viridian Forest in G/S/C. The islands are far south of Johto and Kanto. It's quite possible the player's never even heard of the islands.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Why? What would you possibly put in there that didn't already exist in Johto or Kanto? And for the love of God, do NOT say the battle frontier! That's where the battle tower was situated in crystal and it deserves to be there. And since there are seven islands the gyms wouldn't work. And who really cares about leaf? She, just like Kris, was an add-on for female fans. This is mainly a G/S Remake, so they don't need the female from crystal in there, just like they don't need leaf. Go with the current add-ons and quit whining.

Yes, this rant was completely necessary.

EDIT: Hey, I'm first person on the third page!
    While this is a GSC remake they deserve to be in there as much as Kanto does. A lot of things story wise could have made sense, and while the battle tower was situated there in Crystal I honestly do not like it there as if they don't have anywhere else to put it. The frontier is a frontier for a reason: for the greatest trainers to travel there and test there skills, not to fly to a city and test their skills. I honestly feel they lost so much potential with story and features leaving out the Sevii islands.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As I feel compelled to say that the Sevii Islands really have no purpose in the game as some may think, it could at least for the most so far be mentioned to note its existence. Seeing as FRLG brought it into the game, I feel if it couldn't be brought into play, then it should have enough signification to be mentioned to those who appreciated it or would have liked it to be included.

Going with what Mitchman brought up on the Battle Frontier however, the islands could have been utilized for the Frontier rather than having it a simple flight a way.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • How can you miss something that wasn't originally implemented for the game?

Personally, I think the Sevii islands only works for FR/LG and wouldn't really work for HG/SS. Why? Well, we already have Kanto. What more do we need?

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
  • Exactly why the heck would we want more! We alreade have Johto and Kanto so there is no other reason for it to be in the game.
    Besides lorelie's explination where she went.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • While this is a GSC remake they deserve to be in there as much as Kanto does. A lot of things story wise could have made sense, and while the battle tower was situated there in Crystal I honestly do not like it there as if they don't have anywhere else to put it. The frontier is a frontier for a reason: for the greatest trainers to travel there and test there skills, not to fly to a city and test their skills. I honestly feel they lost so much potential with story and features leaving out the Sevii islands.

The problem is that as i said earlier where would you put the facilities that were included to give FR and LG the same abilities as any other game? A majority of them are already in Johto and Kanto, meaning you would have nothing to do on the islands in these games. Yes, it could explain Lorelei's absence, but don't forget that Agitha is missing as well. Besides, since the battle frontier is a dead look-alike of Platinum's, that would only take care of one of the islands. Add the Lorelei backstory, Moltres on Mt. Ember, and maybe the Pokethlon Dome, and you have fourislands taken care of. So what about the other three? I'm not saying they shouldn't be in there, but why should they be in there when they no longer serve a purpose.

Ya know, I really wonder why I'm the guy writing these long posts.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • The Sevii Islands were lame. They were boring and there wasn't even climatic battles or bosses in them either. Just grunts, bikers, and scientists. Whoopty freaking doo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back