• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone miss the Sevii Islands in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprainedKhyber

Trainer Khyber
Years
  • I thought that the Sevii Islands were cool.

But if they had been included, they probably could have provided a little more insight as to why the Indigo Elite Four disbanded. But maybe they will explian that anyway.

The only thing that I did not like about Pokemon Gold and Silver. No original Elite Four. :(

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • They were put in the games to give the player something to do after the elite four, but in HG/SS we have kanto. So they aren't really needed

Minimalism in terms of game content is something rarely appreciated in video games.

On another note I didn't realize you needed the ruby/sapphire to trade until after I got them. ._. Because I technically just realized that now. >.>

Years
  • Personally, I'd rather they had been left in.

They were made part of Kanto's canon map, even though you had to take a cruiser to get to them, and as pointless as they would be, it'd be neat to see them in their "3 years later" state.

That and, as stated before, we could see Lorelei after her Elite Four role.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • The only thing I miss really about them is the possible explanation to what the hell happened to Lorelei and Agatha (most likely Lorelei) since she isn't in the Elite Four anymore. That's was a pet peeve of mine when I first played the games and still is a pet peeve.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Though I'm not getting HG/SS until the American release date, I'm not particularly sad to see the Sevii Islands go. After all, even if they were in, the most they'd do is explain the absence of Lorelei and Agatha. After all, they wouldn't bring anything else into the games aside from storyline and more locations for the same Pokemon. And Pokemon isn't known for the storylines. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    I'm kind of a person who thinks like "the more regions, the more places you could go and have an adventure, the better" when it comes to pokemon games/hacks.... So, I would definitely love sevii islands on HG/SS as well, regardless of how much they would be useful/how they were useless in fire red.... Maybe they would unlock after only when you beat red? Maybe they would feature hoenn pokemon on those areas? Maybe you could catch arceus on there? Who knows...... I think gamefreak could have done even more amazing things with all the potential on their hands, but they are just not using it, thinking minimalistic....

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Please don't post in threads that are over 30 days old, especially ones that are five years old. Check the date of the last post in a thread before responding so you don't break this rule again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back