• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does everyone hate Darkrai?

What do you feel about Darkrai

• I Love it!

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • It's pretty cool

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • It's OK, just a bit annoying

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I Hate its guts!

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • I really don't mind Darkrai at all.
    Considering it is a fourth generation legendary, most of which are as played out as Steven King Novels, I don't think it's that bad.
    However, I am going purely on looks again, not it's battle abilities.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Darkrai is cool, so I don't know who would hate its guts... lol Otherwise its defence is the lowest I think, soo idk... lol XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really don't mind Darkrai at all.
    Considering it is a fourth generation legendary, most of which are as played out as Steven King Novels, I don't think it's that bad.
    However, I am going purely on looks again, not it's battle abilities.

Looks wise Darkrai is great but is clearly outclassed by Giratina in that area.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    As a Dark type lover I have to say I love Darkrai's design and concept. I haven't done competitive battling so this is based on its outside appearance awesomeness only. Though, I just created a Fakemon that's natural enemy to Darkrai. >_>

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Eh it is ok. I don't really have any problems with it or any positives mainly because I haven't battled one, have one or seen it on anything except the game sprites.
    Sounds like Darkrai was interesting in MD2...

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Darkai is a very original pokemon, a thing I love very much. Expecially considering that so many Ubers are simply SpA-buffed Psychics, now we have somebody to stop them :P ...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Love Darkrai. I hacked the events in and caught it, but got a sucky nature >.< My friend did the same, but has one with the best nature for it (Timid) and brilliant IVs. He's a stupidly lucky kid, but thankfully a Pokenoob and he gave it to me ^^
    I reckon it is a pretty damn cool Pokemon, especially the scarf-like red growth. It IS very powerful in a strategic sense as well. Its signature move is unlike others as it doesn't do any damage, meaning you need to use some brains to make the most of it (I used to spam Double Team whilst they slept and Dark Pulse/Dream Eater sweep, but now dropped Double Team for Focus Blast). Other Legends and their signature moves just have you blowing through the opponent (Sacred Fire :/), so Darkrai is definitely different.
    Plus it is an actually nasty Pokemon XD (movie doesn't count)

Years
  • I don't really have a problem with it. Just some people go a bit over the top with their fandom twards Darkrai & he gets a bit overrated. *shrugs*

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Love Darkrai. I hacked the events in and caught it, but got a sucky nature >.< My friend did the same, but has one with the best nature for it (Timid) and brilliant IVs. He's a stupidly lucky kid, but thankfully a Pokenoob and he gave it to me ^^
    I reckon it is a pretty damn cool Pokemon, especially the scarf-like red growth. It IS very powerful in a strategic sense as well. Its signature move is unlike others as it doesn't do any damage, meaning you need to use some brains to make the most of it (I used to spam Double Team whilst they slept and Dark Pulse/Dream Eater sweep, but now dropped Double Team for Focus Blast). Other Legends and their signature moves just have you blowing through the opponent (Sacred Fire :/), so Darkrai is definitely different.
    Plus it is an actually nasty Pokemon XD (movie doesn't count)
    Didn't you think of saving before battling it?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    it's lots of fun in-game when paired with Breloom. Spore, Leech Seed, then Bad Dreams FTW!

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • I like and dislike darkrai at the same time. But, I don't hate him. I like him because to me he looks cool and original and the Rise of Darkrai made him look badass. I also dislike him because gamefreak had to make him one of the cheapest pokemon in existance with that stupid dark void move and then noobish little childern use him cuz appparantly to them he's "Teh best pokeman EVAR!"

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • That Bad Dreams and Dark Void/Dark Pulse/Nightmare/Dream Eater combo sounds awesome...I just hope I don't have to face it. I might even change up the moves a bit, if I ever get one! :D

naruto hatake

a naruto fan
    Years
  • darkrai is the best pokemon if you catch it. whenever i battle my cousins in a double pokemon battle i use darkrai and i use dark void substitute and then dream eater and with darkrai effect it will slowly drain the opponents life while assleep

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Darkrai is far from being the most powerful pokemon ever. I mean sure he's uber, but when you look at things like Arceus, Darkrai seems pretty tame. Even Mewtwo is probably superior to Darkrai, although Mewtwo for me still seems to be THE most powerful pokemon ever.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I didn't find Darkrai amusing...

Darkrai are awesome! (ghost/dark poke luvah xD)
    No, it's only Dark-type. I like Spiritomb more, eventhough Spiritomb's appearance is not attractive as Darkrai.

Last edited:
    Back