• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dog or Cat?

Who's better Cats or Dogs

• Total voters

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Hmm, win wars? Never heard of dogs being involved with things like that before.

Not literally picking a gun up and shooting, but sniffing out booby traps, alerting to hidden enemy positions, and attacking enemy soldiers in close-quarters.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Cats. I like dogs but they are sloppy. Cats are smart and sophisticated as well. But if they want they can make you want to grab dads shotgun.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I like cats better beacuse dogs require too much attention and are very dirty. While cats aren't all that useful, they make great pets. I sure do love my cat, Felix. He's always playful and when he feels affectionate or hungry he purrs and rubs against me. Dogs are too messy for me, though.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Personaly i like dog cause they listion more and cats never spend time with you they gone almost the whole day except for food and to take a coconut.

is the coconut an injoke that I'm not getting? unless the coconut is a lie

As for me, I prefer cats. The way they like nothing better than sleeping in front of the fireplace, only awaking to eat or breed...they remind me of myself in a way :D

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    I'm a dog person

To me cats are'nt really much of a pet because they just run around outside 24/7 were as a dog is smarter and loyal

I personally dont like cats, but if i saw one i woudnt go up and kick it or that but if there was a dog in the street i'd go pat it were as a cat, well.... I't would probably run away

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I prefer dogs over cats. I like dogs because I grew up around them more than I did with cats. I won't say that cats are lazy or not playful because they actually can be.

I also have a dog right now [Doberman Pinscher] so, it's another reason why I like them more. xD I did have a cat once [For a week], and I loved it because it was so playful and sweet, but my mom ended up getting rid of it because she was mad it threw down her ceramic vase [which broke]. xD

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
    I prefer cats. So, that said, I have to admit I like dogs as well.
    I had never had any pets, but many friends of mine have dogs and cats, so I have much contact with them.

Dogs are intelligent, and loyal and playfull, to someone who's good for them. But they are also good to people who aren't good to them. What do I have a conclusion of this: Dogs have a lack of selfconfidence. After they had one time a "partner", they will never accept another one.

Cats, however, do things on their one, and stand for me as freedom: they have the freedom to eat, sleap, go out, do anything without permission from others. Cats are, altough many people don't know, salso loyal. When a cat can chose between someone he knows, and someone he doesn't know, he will most likely chose for the first one. Not only because they are "normal" but also because they like them.

Final conclusion: I like cats more, because they have in opposite to dogs more selfconfidence. I don't say dogs are stupid, and I like them too, but the lack of this "selfconfidence" bothers me a bit...

Sincerely, Empoleon-111

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Even though I have a cat... I prefer dogs.
    It's hard to take a cat for a walk. My cat doesn't really play much. If you drag a piece of string across the floor, he plays with it for a while but then get's really bored and falls asleep.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Cats are arrogant lazy beings and they do nothing all day but lay down sleeping.
    Tell that to my cats. One thinks he's always on the hunt, and the other is on a perpetual sugar-high. I wish they'd sleep more XD

I love both cats and dogs, but since I grew up with cats, I'm used to how they're cared for, so I don't own any dogs. If I did get a dog, I'd prefer big dogs over the little yippy ones.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I like them both, but dogs are way better in my opinion. I used to have a few cats and dogs each, but dogs just appeal to me more.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dog <3~!

I'm a dog person, never had a cat, never really wanted one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've owned cats and have looked after dogs before. I prefer cats alot more than dogs. A cat can be playful and independent. I think cats are generally a lot more sophisticated than dogs, but it really depends on how well they are 'trained'.

Then of course there are lolcats...

hikaru hitachiin

Can I drink your blood?
    Years
    Dogs

I prefer dogs because they are cute and I can easily train them.I somehow like cats because I care for animals.

Back