• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Moddies Say Zero! [DLTMS0 v5.0] THE END IS NIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

It's official, 2013 is the year of the Great Big Staff Account Switch. With Rika changing identities today (from Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers to Adventure), that marks a total of 6 of the current staff lineup to have switched usernames/accounts this year.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

well you don't have to worry about me switching accounts because I'm never doing so ♥

pretty sure everyone would slap me if i did.

Years

Your name's as fine as it is Tara, so that's good to hear.

I'd imagine how some would react if I pulled an account switch, but must stay true to my original name and the fact it spawned my famous "Hikari" nickname.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I imagine there would be outrage. People would take to the streets in protest if you switched accounts, Hikari.

Edit - In a preemptive strike I took to the street and burnt down several bus shelters, a pair of recycling bins and a moped. I hope this solidifies your desire to never change your username.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I think I remember that case. All of the arguments against this are really rather weak, pretty much all boiling down to people being offended. Personally I wouldn't like this piece of ''art'' but I honestly can't see any reason why somebody should strip away his freedom in creating it. I can't really see his objective, perhaps he believes that the events are slipping out of the public consciousness and they need a jolt as a reminder, of course I wouldn't buy that. I think him being in it for the column inches, and mentions in your art class? are much more likely. I guess the fact that it can spark conversation, even if it isn't on the topid of the art itself, proves it might have some value.

So all in all, I have nothing for you on this one.

Years
  • It's disrespectful to another's religion. Would the same be done to a Buddhist temple, a Muslim mosque, or a Christian cathedral, for example?

Also gas chambers probably violate more than a few ordinance laws. I'd imagine that having one as a neighbor would be quite unpleasant and might have more than a few negative effects on your health.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

I guess I'll just take these points and inflate them a whole bunch. Hopefully it'll be persuasive enough. :P
    While I don't believe art should be used as an excuse for anything, I don't see many actual, objective issues, other than it reminding of something awful that happened seventy years ago. There's just no emotional connection to me; from my perspective it's just a historical event. Which of course is a sort of bias I guess?

Years
  • 2. Since the building would probably not be well sealed, it'd probably affect the neighbors and any passerby with any gases that might be stored in the building. It'd be violating their basic human rights to control what goes into their bodies, similar to the concept behind smoking bans, as well as damaging their personal property.

Melody

Banned
    Years

...What did I just walk into?

Anyways, I'm somewhat annoyed that the staff is changing names. Of course I don't understand how anyone could abandon their account for a new one, considering that there are some parameters that can't be migrated, like account age and such. But that's just me, and I've always loved my 4 digit profile ID~ ♥

I guess the ones who have changed didn't have low numbers though.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

I'd love to be able to change my name without making a new account >.<

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years

got some mail from my school. has information about my grades and blayh.
    according to the letter I have a 2.82 GPA atm and a class rank of 80. Well I guess I could do better but oh well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back