• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dont you love your country!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • USA has its faults. Bush that idiot, you know? left us in an economic disaster. But then Obama came aong. But then, were still in a depression. Murderers around, killing people. Its like in the movies, you know.

if I could move, I guess I wuold. To Britian. Always wanted to. xD

Years
  • USA has its faults. Bush that idiot, you know? left us in an economic disaster. But then Obama came aong. But then, were still in a depression. Murderers around, killing people. Its like in the movies, you know.

if I could move, I guess I wuold. To Britian. Always wanted to. xD

What, the same Great Britain that is in a depression and has murderers killing people?

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • I don't like Ireland that much. Crappy government that can't do anything right. Too much attention is directed to Gaelic sports, which are pointless. Too much bad music in the charts. xD

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I love America. Plain and simple. There are some really idiotic laws, but to be honest each and every law only intends the best. Government Politics in any country will always be cutthroat and groan-worthy because politicians can be worse than children. But when you put a bunch of patriots in the same room there's bound to be some fighting or disagreement, because everyone believes the country should be run differently. They all intend well.

As for other countries, I'm interested in places like Japan. Not because I dislike America in any way, but I'm interested in the culture there. I personally enjoy the cultural variety in America though.

Times may be tough but, it's not as bad as other places.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I like England. It could have better music in the charts, and it can be a little boring at school, but it's good nonetheless.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Hey, when I said immigrants were a problem I meant illegal immigrants. I find it odd that Mexicans can't go barging into America, but Americans can go barging into Mexico...right? Feel free to correct me. :)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Immigrants my friend are what helped America to be built. If it wasnt for the great immigration rush in the first half of the 20th century imagine what america would be like.
    There are several reasons why the illegals (not legal immigrants - my father is one, for example) are not viewed well upon by the general public:
    - They are illegal. This means they crossed the border without passing through important security checks. They could be bringing drugs, disease or other similar things. If they didn't worry about being able to cross, they'd simply do it the legal way.
    - They are leeching the country's resources. Since they have no records (or next to nothing), they are not taxed. However, if one is hurt, they are still taken to the hospital. Also, when an illegal takes a job, they are reducing the jobs available. How would you feel to apply to a job, not get it and hear some illegal got it instead because they'll work for next to nothing?

Illegals, in my humble opinion, should have the same basic rights as a criminal, because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE FOR CROSSING ILLEGALLY. Getting a green card isn't as terrible as most want to make it out to be.

If these things were regulated better, becoming a legal alien would not seem as daunting as being an illegal would be. This would allow the system to be more fair, and would make the greed card look more appealing to those comming into the country.

This is just a random opinion thrown out there, but I believe that immigrants that plan to be spending more than 10 years in the United States should become citizens. This prevents one from becoming deported, as what almost happened to my brother, who was born in Germany.

Edit: I have a very strong opinion on this - however, what I am trying to suggest is that illegals, rather than continue their lives as illegals, try to become legal immigrants. Either that, or cross legally in the first place. I have absolutely no problem with legal immigrants, or those who try to get their hands on a green card.

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Hey, when I said immigrants were a problem I meant illegal immigrants. I find it odd that Mexicans can't go barging into America, but Americans can go barging into Mexico...right? Feel free to correct me. :)
    Darn Mexicans. Obviously we are superior to them so why shouldn't we be able to cross OUR border? That's right! It's our border. Not theirs

bad rep bait

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Hawaii is the worst state to live in, ESPECIALLY if you're not local.

Since when?! I've been to the Hawaiian islands six times and I have yet to experience anything bad about it.

I prefer Hawaii over any other state in this godforsaken country.

Ninja Tree said:
    Darn Mexicans. Obviously we are superior to them so why shouldn't we be able to cross OUR border? That's right! It's our border. Not theirs

It's thoughts like these that cause shootings like these...

Last edited:

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • Since when?! I've been to the Hawaiian islands six times and I have yet to experience anything bad about it.

I prefer Hawaii over any other state in this godforsaken country.

Ok for one, you don't LIVE here. You didn't go to school here. You didn't go to any of the "bad" parts of the islands. So don't think you know Hawaii because you've been here SIX TIMES OMG.

And about the Mexicans crossing THE border into our country:

1. We're overcrowded already.
    2. They're taking our j(y)obs.
    3. They're bringing crime and drugs and child exploitation.
    4. The illegals can't come into our country ILLEGALLY and expect to be treated like they belong here. They're not citizens, so our rights don't apply to them.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The States are alright in my opinion. Of course we can get better, but it's hard too since the States have gotten them into a position of security of the world.

We can get out of the Middle East, but why? So that the terrorist groups can reunite, get more money, and bomb all the world leaders (States, England, Austraila, Japan, China, Russia, etc)? No, that can't happen. Since that can't happen, our economy is suffering. We've gotten each other into this position which is not only the position that requires a mass amount of responsiblitiy, but also money and money is the one thing we are running out of.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • There are several reasons why the illegals (not legal immigrants - my father is one, for example) are not viewed well upon by the general public:
    - They are illegal. This means they crossed the border without passing through important security checks. They could be bringing drugs, disease or other similar things. If they didn't worry about being able to cross, they'd simply do it the legal way.
    - They are leeching the country's resources. Since they have no records (or next to nothing), they are not taxed. However, if one is hurt, they are still taken to the hospital. Also, when an illegal takes a job, they are reducing the jobs available. How would you feel to apply to a job, not get it and hear some illegal got it instead because they'll work for next to nothing?

Illegals, in my humble opinion, should have the same basic rights as a criminal, because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE FOR CROSSING ILLEGALLY. Getting a green card isn't as terrible as most want to make it out to be.

If these things were regulated better, becoming a legal alien would not seem as daunting as being an illegal would be. This would allow the system to be more fair, and would make the greed card look more appealing to those comming into the country.

This is just a random opinion thrown out there, but I believe that immigrants that plan to be spending more than 10 years in the United States should become citizens. This prevents one from becoming deported, as what almost happened to my brother, who was born in Germany.

Edit: I have a very strong opinion on this - however, what I am trying to suggest is that illegals, rather than continue their lives as illegals, try to become legal immigrants. Either that, or cross legally in the first place. I have absolutely no problem with legal immigrants, or those who try to get their hands on a green card.
    With that yes I agree but legal immigrants I dont see any problem with them. Seeing as my whole family is from immigration roots.

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    In my opinion, nationalism has become outdated (and useless) in this global world. Sure, I like it where I live, but I would not fire a gun 5,000 miles away in the desert because I love my country so much.

I have believed for a long time that there should simply be a world government with LK Advani as leader, and no such thing as countries. (Actually I haven't decided who would be the leader of this world government.)

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • Eh, I didn't mean to talk down on the U.S. like that, I actually kind of like it. There are so many poor countries need help, like food, a better home, and entertainment for sure. United States has the economy. My favorite country of all time is the U.K. after all.

U.K. > U.S. > Japan > Australia.

Back