• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

" Doomsday on 2012 "

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    >o> Doomsday was meant to happen in 1950, 2000, 2006. Oh look, we're still here. And, you didn't list the other 'doomsday' predictions for 2012.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I've seen this kind of thread before, but nothing makes sense to me. We may be nostradamuses or something, but I don't believe to any "doomsday" events. What happened to 2000 eh? Nothing.
    If you ask me, our real doomsday will be on probably 5,000,002,009. >.>

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Excuse me for saying this, but this is piece of bull (you know the rest).
    We've survived 1950, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2006. Do you think we're going to die because ancient people died making their calender? The guy making it probably died making it, and he happened to die making Dec. 22, 2012.

We all know that.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I read that the date when the Mayan calendar ends is the date that the Earth, Sun, and the black hole in the center of the Galaxy line up.

Now normal logic says that if it had an effect it would be gravity pulling Earth closer to the sun causing mass extinction from REAL global warming, but the crackpots say the magnetic poles will shift instead.

This will apperently cause rapid movement of the continents, which will also cause eradic weather and flooding. Luckily for me I live about 7 hours from the geographical center of north america and on a large hill.

So basically, if this theory holds true, I'll be able to catch salt-water fish from my back yard, and (hopefully) be in a nice, warm location (where costa rica is now plox).

Doesn't sound like doomsday to me!

Now I'm no meteorologist/physicist/astronomer/palientologist/expert biologist, but i think that's a load of crap and the Mayan's just didn't feel like making their calendar that far into the future or, (if you've seen it on TV, it's on a big stone circle) they ran out of room on the tablet.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't even be bothered to count all the times a thread has been made about 2012. Are we so scared of death that we can only think of the end of the world? This is bloody stupid.

This. All that we seem to be doing lately is theorizing on how we're going to die (swine flu, Palin running for presidency and so on...) and I'm getting sick of it.

THINK POSITIVE PEOPLE.

besides, it's doomsday when I get modded

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • It all started because of the so called "Coming of the Son", I think it was in the bible. It was simply a mistake. They thought they meant "Coming of the Son", as in, coming of Christ to come for the end of the world. However, it really meant "Coming of the Sun", meaning solar activity would just rise a bit.. the age of Aquarius I believe? (Sorry if someone already posted this, I didn't read replies yet)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wasn't there a Doomsday that was supposed to happen several years ago because another ancient civilization's calender ended in that year? Wasn't there supposed to be a Doomsday as the clock turned to 2000 (and later, 2001 for the same reason, just made technical)? Wasn't there supposed to be a Doomsday on June 6, 2006?

Well, that doesn't prove this one's false, except for the fact that 2012 is utter crap.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm pretty sure 2012 is the year I am running for Prime minister. If you vote me I'll work around the clock to reduce Doomsdays world wide.

In srsness, I dunno what to think. might as well just go with the flow.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • ...Yo, people are still talking about this crap?

Anyways, yeah, I'm pretty convinced 2012 will be the death of us all. You know, just like how Y2K caused all our machines to turn against us.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    I can't even be bothered to count all the times a thread has been made about 2012. Are we so scared of death that we can only think of the end of the world? This is bloody stupid.

The world is going to end - then what's the point of doing anything now? I'm going for my provisional license in 10 days, why should I bother if in a few years everything is going to be gone? Why bother establishing relationships with people, or continuing to be a lawful member of society?

Start of a positive transformation? Why not believe in the ability and hard work of humanity rather than this new age hooey that places our fate in the hands of others. Be a man (figuratively speaking), and create positive change yourself.

And hell, if you're going to link to information on it, don't link to something that contains critical responses to the topic pointing out that it's utter crap.

No one can predict the future anyway.

Amen to that. If the world is really giong to end, it's not like any of us can do anything to stop it. Besides, like he said at the end, no one can predict the future and I personally believe it's just all BS and superstitious nonsense that for some reason, we people of the 21st century are afraid of.

As a side note though, if the world REALLY was going to end, I'd be learning how to surf so when the big wave comes, I can have some fun before I go out. ;)

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • This. All that we seem to be doing lately is theorizing on how we're going to die (swine flu, Palin running for presidency and so on...) and I'm getting sick of it.

THINK POSITIVE PEOPLE.

besides, it's doomsday when I get modded

yea there is like 3 life after death/doomsday threads on the first other chat page why so negative people?

you guyz know Wikipedia can be edited by anyone even me

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    i don't see death as something bad or terrible really,i just see it as a something that have to happen.
    death is just another part of our "life",and everyone will die sometime and i think that we should take it with respect and a little of humour.i think that we have that idea of dead(as something bad and terrible)because what really hurts is the missing person,but apart from that is just death.

of course,my point of view is totally racional,but it's the truth that nobody wants to hear.

what u have to do is to forget about all this stuff and just enjoy life!!!
    i'm not a believer,but i think that the people who does believe in this should forget.
    i'm very happy with my family,mi girlfriend,my friend,my things,my dog,everything!

so people,stop complaining about how ur life sucks or things like that and live it!!

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    i hope t wont come because i have to finish having fun not die while im sitting here.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    ...Yo, people are still talking about this crap?

Anyways, yeah, I'm pretty convinced 2012 will be the death of us all. You know, just like how Y2K caused all our machines to turn against us.

I'm still thinking of ways to defeat Skynet, which disguised itself as Y2K.
    I tried sending huge Austrian men back in time but i dunno, maybe a bad move on my part.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never understood the point of theorizing about this. I mean, either nothing happens and you feel really silly for believing in all of it or the end of the world comes suddenly and the whole human race is exterminated. In which case you'll be dead regardless of whether you make crazy predictions or not. Might as well just keep living life as if nothing's gonna go down.

:( tbh though if nothing interesting happens in 2012 I'll almost feel kinda gypped after seeing this type of discussion everywhere for years. Just saying.

Back