• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubts about gen 5?

Do you think Gen 5 games will come out?

• Definitely!

Votes: 81 73.0%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I'm skeptical...

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    On one hand, I have people telling me that generation 5 games of pokemon are never coming out due to a "pokemon god" being created. LOL, that's crap it is not even one (you know who am I refering to).
    On the other hand, I have people anxiously waiting for GS remakes and generation 5 games.

There's a poll on top, please vote.
    State your vote and tell your reasons behind it.

I would go with yes, there will be a gen 5 and 6 and so on, as pokebeach master had interview with one of the heads of pokemon anime and that Japanese guy said that there will DEFINITELY BE A GEN 5 and THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR because I saw the interview section on all the questions that pokebeach master asked.

Last edited:

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
    pokemon g,s and crystal both sold pretty well i think that there will be a remake just like the kanto ones (except gold,silver and crystal was really good because of the johto/kanto region jumping)

but i want in number 5 and 6 a ruby,sapphire and emerald to sinnoh region jump.

opinions?

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    You guys forget, Nintendo is a Buisness, and as long as their is money to be made new games will come out. Pokemon sales for diamond and pearl have been the biggest in the series since G/S/C. With that in mind they will just keep on going. Speaking of the pokemon god wasn't Mew like the oringinal pokemon god? It did have the ability to learn all moves (or all TM and Move Tutors anyway) so it possible there will be another PokeGod that trumps Arceus.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    oh boy! i would love to see a remake of gold and silver! and i know its like wayyyyyy too soon but i would realy like a ruby and saphire remake aswell and nintendo in my opinion should make the pokemon a lil bit more detaled like if you dont battle with it for a month or so it will lose a few lvs and it should be harder to get them to lv.100

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    On one hand, I have people telling me that generation 5 games of pokemon are never coming out due to a "pokemon god" being created. LOL, that's crap it is not even one (you know who am I refering to).
    On the other hand, I have people anxiously waiting for GS remakes and generation 5 games.

There's a poll on top, please vote.
    State your vote and tell your reasons behind it.

I would go with yes, there will be a gen 5 and 6 and so on, as pokebeach master had interview with one of the heads of pokemon anime and that Japanese guy said that there will DEFINITELY BE A REMAKE and THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR because I saw the interview section on all the questions that pokebeach master asked.
    I think there will be a generation 5 and so on but we will never know for certain until they are announced. Where is the proof or link for your statement the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes? Do not get me wrong I support a Pokemon Gold and Silver remake, but it is hard to believe you if you do not have a reliable source.

Last edited:

Dedalus

Sonic Sword
    Years
    I've been waiting for Gold and Silver remakes since before they announced the gen 4 games, even. Don't get me wrong, the gen 4 games are very well done, but I'm also hoping for the gen 5 games to include remakes of Gold and Silver (Crystal was alright, but I can do without it. I just didn't really see why they made such a gigantic deal out of Suicune, of all pokemon.) Even market-wise, I really doubt pokemon WON'T make it to gen 10, even, seeing as at this point, it's one of the major franchises of the world. It would be a HORRIBLE marketing move to let something like that die. Point is, pokemon will reach gen 5, even though it hasn't been confirmed.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    Pokémon will keep growing. With so many fans, it really can't just die lol. It could keep going until someone blows up the Nintendo buildings and the Pokémon Co. I don't know how their going to come up with other pokemon and moves though. They just made like the creators of time, space, and the universe. How do you top that exactly? lol

Years
    I'm skeptical about the possibility of this occurring. What more is there really after a Pokemon has been created for god? (It created the world and is the Original One; no excuses.) Not to mention that they created a second Pokemon with manipulation of time (Celebi). Remakes I'm 80% sure will happen. An new generation with new moves and items but the same Pokemon, also a possibility. An entirely new generation with new Pokemon... Not so sure it will happen.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Well me and my friends heard that in the US version of Platinum there are 60 new pokemon..... =/ I thought it was bogus but we examined a Pearl ROM and we found data that DID signify pokemon data that couldn't fit into the game....so maybe those were left over pokemon that could be put into a Gen 5. Nintendo has to do something with the leftover data IF it is real.......

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'm skeptical about the possibility of this occurring. What more is there really after a Pokemon has been created for god? (It created the world and is the Original One; no excuses.) Not to mention that they created a second Pokemon with manipulation of time (Celebi). Remakes I'm 80% sure will happen. An new generation with new moves and items but the same Pokemon, also a possibility. An entirely new generation with new Pokemon... Not so sure it will happen.
    Have to disagree. Firstly, the whole 'Arceus is the god of Pokemon' is somewhat debatable for some, and others would casually point to Mew who had been thought to be the 'Origin' of Pokemon until the 4th gen.

And then - why would this stop them make new Pokemon? Surely it doesn't affect the possibility of new regions, where different Pokemon would live in, and there's nothing stopping them from continuing just because they have a 'god Pokemon' (not even officially revealed yet, mind). And then there's the magic reason of all - $$$.

For that's the main thing that decides whether a game should be made or a series continue - if it will still make money. Judging by sales... Pokemon is definately going to continue. Stop because you happened to make hints that a Pokemon (that's event-only) is akin to God for the Pokemon world, and NOT continue to make money from the cash cow that is Pokemon? 'Heck no' is what they at Nintendo would say, IMHO.

The point that they 'made a second pokemon with manipulation of time' is kinda void for me as well, given that every generation there are repeat Pokemon. The 'normal-flying-type-bird-pokemon-early-on', the 'normal-typed-rodent-early-on', etc... there are clear patterns all over the place between each generation. So reusing Pokemon on similar stuff is a bit void. =/ (And after all, there's a heck of a lot of inaminate objects/animals they can still use for inspiration as well). It's also been said that designs for about a thousand Pokemon have been done (including the current ones), so I wouldn't worry about that either. (If you choose to believe random people involved in the development, than gen 5 has already been 'confirmed', but I wouldn't read much into it).

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    your right and even if it was a god they didnt give up after creating mew at all have they

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    MY BET

OOPS! I typed it wrongly guys, it is not definite gold and silver remake, but definite gen 5 to come!!! Please read that error... SORRY

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Im a little bit worried. I hope it does come out.. but what if it doesnt. I mean they dont really have an excuse to stop but what if they did. It gets me worried all the time.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    The point that they 'made a second pokemon with manipulation of time' is kinda void for me as well, given that every generation there are repeat Pokemon. The 'normal-flying-type-bird-pokemon-early-on', the 'normal-typed-rodent-early-on', etc... there are clear patterns all over the place between each generation. So reusing Pokemon on similar stuff is a bit void. =/ (And after all, there's a heck of a lot of inaminate objects/animals they can still use for inspiration as well). It's also been said that designs for about a thousand Pokemon have been done (including the current ones), so I wouldn't worry about that either. (If you choose to believe random people involved in the development, than gen 5 has already been 'confirmed', but I wouldn't read much into it).

Ok, I'm disregarding the whole money thing here.

Now for one, I think that in "their" world, pokemon = animals. We say animals, they say pokemon. So for every generation that comes out, there will always be repeat pokemon. Think about how many animals there are, and like bobandbill said, inanimate objects. The possibilities are endless.

As for generation V, I think there definitely will be one ::cough::money::cough::
    I can also see a gen. II remake coming out around that time. I just think there have been too many hints at a remake lately (there's a whole thread about it, so check it out).

As long as there are children and money, there will be pokemon.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    If they didn't.

They'd lose too much money.

*End of message*

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    yeah i heard that the straters for the fith gen was a grass bird something that looked like a shellos and i forget what the fire starter was. i wonder if they were to ever run out of ideas theyd look around for places like here and take some fakemon ideas secretly :paranoid:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I agree that there will be a generation 5, as well as a new 'god'.With each new generation, there's always a new pokemon that is the most powerful because apparently it created the universe and nothing can stop it... until the next generation comes out.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    yep. maybe they need to do something a little more subtle like a solar and lunar pokemon and maybe a yinyang pokemon to keep them in balance but thats it.

but back on subject if there is going to be one do you think itll be out this summer? D/P/ came out 2007 and Pt is coming out soon so maybe theyre going to leak something of a 5th gen soon.

Back