• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubts about gen 5?

Do you think Gen 5 games will come out?

• Definitely!

Votes: 81 73.0%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I'm skeptical...

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    yep. maybe they need to do something a little more subtle like a solar and lunar pokemon and maybe a yinyang pokemon to keep them in balance but thats it.

but back on subject if there is going to be one do you think itll be out this summer? D/P/ came out 2007 and Pt is coming out soon so maybe theyre going to leak something of a 5th gen soon.

They have Solrock and Lunatone... so I guess that counts. The closest to Yin and Yang would be Umbreon and Espeon. That's when dark types had been created and it had just been an unsaid known that Espeon/Umbreon were the polar opposite of each other, being light and dark.

Years
    They more than likely will. I mean...seriously, with all the money they make? Why wouldn't they continue it? I think Pokemon will continue for quite a long time

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    From a business perspective, there is no reason not to stop making out new generations.

:|

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm skeptical about it. I'm not sure, but I don't highly doubt it either.

Also, the Notched-Ear Pichu does NOT represent a new generation. . >.>

Besides that, currently in the anime, there hasn't been a hint about a new generation. Of course, we can't really say anything until the Pokémon League where a new Pokémon may be introduced like before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I'm skeptical about the possibility of this occurring.

Does not compute.

What more is there really after a Pokemon has been created for god? (It created the world and is the Original One; no excuses.)
    Plenty of excuses, considering that Arceus being the God pokemon, God, divine, a deity, or ANY of that is completely fan-theory.

Also, they'll make games because it's profitable.

Do you really think this will happen?

Gamefreak: Hey Nintendo, we're going to stop making Pokemon, the second biggest franchise you control, because of some stupid Internet fan theory about a God pokemon
    Nintendo: lol kthxbye@!

An entirely new generation with new Pokemon... Not so sure it will happen.
    It isn't hard to come up with new Pokemon.

currently in the anime,
    Anime!=games.

While the anime often does use future gen Pokemon before the game is out, there is no rule saying it HAS to happen, and even if there was, they still have a whole "season" and a movie to do it in.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Honestly, I believe this whole debate is inane.

I remember people saying that there wasn't going to be a fourth generation, and look were we are. :|

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
    yeah i heard that the straters for the fith gen was a grass bird something that looked like a shellos and i forget what the fire starter was. i wonder if they were to ever run out of ideas theyd look around for places like here and take some fakemon ideas secretly :paranoid:
    im sure thats what theyd do im sure theyve done that before do they really need gen 5 pokemons getting a bit boring the same sort of plot in each game and why is it always a chil d as main character????

Every generation of pokemon has sold at least 15 million copies each. (Ok yeah, you have to combine the sales of FR/LG and R/S/E together in order for this to be true for 3rd gen). They'd still be stupid not to make a fifth gen.
    Although most likely, it will be far enough from now that it will be exclusive to the new DS camera thingy. And then I'll cry.

A game these days is considered very successful if it breaks the million copy mark, and its pretty much a guarentee that the next pokemon will sell more than Halo 3 or Gears 2 ever will.

Also, a lack of creativity won't stop nintendo from trying to make more money (When has it ever). If they can't make good fifth generation pokemon, they'll just insert bad pokemon, and the game will still make more than pretty much any other console game can make.

Sorry for the half rant.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    I think that they could finally tie in alot of loose ends with a new gen. Maybe make a Light element pokemon to counter dark and or ghost? Then again that could be the poke maniac in me speaking.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Considering I've been waiting patiently for a third installment for the Golden Sun series for almost six years now, I'm pretty sure that Pokémon's gonna have a 5th generation, no doubt. I wouldn't be suprised as well if I completely lose interest in the series by then. I liked D/P, but it's starting to get more focused on the money than the games themselves...

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    You know what I think to people who believe the series is over due to a legendary?

Crock!

So long as the series makes money - which it does in biblical proportions - Game Freak will think of a legendary and they will easily keep creating Pokemon games. Why would they end the series like that? Besides, we haven't found the reason why humans coexist with Pokemon! Methinks this could, COULD be a plot point for generation 5. However, I'm not entirely sure, but it's a possibility.
    I wonder what a legendary for humans would look like? Hopefully it won't end up causing hubub for sounding like it's an actual 'God.'

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    On one hand, I have people telling me that generation 5 games of pokemon are never coming out due to a "pokemon god" being created. LOL, that's crap it is not even one (you know who am I refering to).
    On the other hand, I have people anxiously waiting for GS remakes and generation 5 games.

There's a poll on top, please vote.
    State your vote and tell your reasons behind it.

I would go with yes, there will be a gen 5 and 6 and so on, as pokebeach master had interview with one of the heads of pokemon anime and that Japanese guy said that there will DEFINITELY BE A GEN 5 and THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR because I saw the interview section on all the questions that pokebeach master asked.

I'm sorry, what? Are you honestly under the impression that Arceus is not a god Pokemon? If you are, then you're seriously mistaken.

Years
    Actually...well, I've fallen behind in the anime between not having cable and simply not caring too much about it...but use it as a guide. If Ash has about 7 badges, a new gen should be coming, unless they have him do something like the Battle Frontier again (dear lord...no, please...just no.).

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
    As long as Nintendo makes handhelds, they will make Pokemon games. Why? It's one of the best selling series of all time, so why stop now?

Years
    I think Nintendo is great, but as many others have said, they'll make pokemon games as long as it makes them money. I don't understand why they'd suddenly stop now. Think of it this way. How many television shows have you watched that started out really great, but didn't "end gracefully" and instead just went on until they started to make no more money?

I think that's what will happen to pokemon. I know I'll enjoy the game for a long, long time, as will many others - but Nintendo will keep making the games until they lose their popularity. This most likely won't happen for an incredibly long time, since it will probably only be people who have played pokemon for a while who will stop; those people will then be replaced by newer and younger fans.

Years
    Well, the original Yu-gi-oh! had 5 seasons and Sailor Moon had 5 seasons so (excluding the Orange Islands Arc since it had no official game) so Pokemon should have a #5 but not too sure about #6.

Back