• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubts about gen 5?

Do you think Gen 5 games will come out?

• Definitely!

Votes: 81 73.0%
  • Absolutely not.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I'm skeptical...

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    there is to many freaking pokemon as is i think they should just stick with the 4 generations they have and make different games after that and besides making a pokemon thats suppose to be GOD(arceus) just put them in the biggest dead end.

Arceus is never said to be god/God/a god/divine/a deity.

Even if it is, it doesn't put them in a "dead end." It's still very possible to make new Pokemon.

Maybe you grew out of Pokemon and should stop playing. Let those of us who still enjoy it do so, and you can move on to something else.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    there is to many freaking pokemon as is

That hasn't stopped them in the past, and I don't foresee it stopping them in the future.

Arceus is never said to be god/God/a god/divine/a deity.

Even if it is, it doesn't put them in a "dead end." It's still very possible to make new Pokemon.

If I do recall, Arceus is pretty much classed as a God. A quote from Bulbapedia:

Arceus is known as "The Original One," as it is said that it created the Pokémon universe and the lake trio.

Take note of the line stating that it is said to have created the Pokemon universe, which pretty much declares it a God. Though I can admit that Acreus is unfortunately the 'God' Pokemon, I agree that it doesn't stop them from making more Pokemon.

The one line that I think is overexaggerated is that Arceus created the Pokemon universe. I believe by the games declaration, it only created the Sinnoh Region, but I could be wrong and have forgotten a few lines from the games text. *shrugs*

Anyway, final word; Arceus doesn't have to line the bottom of the barrel just because it is apparently a 'God'.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    As much as I love G/S/C, I don't want them to make a remake. I'd much rather that in the next games they allowed you to go back to Johto after you've beaten that region's Elite Four, only this time they should sort out the levels of the wild pokemon. Instead of sticking us with lvl. 3 Rattatas near the end of the game, let us come across lvl. 30-40 Amhparos and Quagsires, Piloswines and Weaviles. Also, the gyms shouldn't be so under-levelled either. I could annihalate Kanto in a few hours of Gold, but if they have Johto again they should at least have every gym member more powerful than the Champion. And Clair would be the most powerful trainer in the game, with a Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, Kingdra, and two new dragon from Gen V, hopefully an ice-type and a fire-type.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    If I do recall, Arceus is pretty much classed as a God. A quote from Bulbapedia:

Yeah. It also says "In mythology" or "according to ancient myths" and stuff like that.

Mythological stories are found in every area of the Pokemon world, and generally the real world too. But they're not based on fact, but are stories made up by humans to explain the world around them.

Just like how ancient Egyptians said that cats are divine. They literally worshiped cats.

but that doesn't mean felines are actually gods, does it?

Take note of the line stating that it is said to have created the Pokemon universe,

Again, it's Pokedex entry says "In mythology". Mythology may have some truth in it (in this case, Arceus being a very powerful Pokemon), but it's mostly made up by humans to help explain the unexplanable.

Mæstro

"Agent of Chaos."
    Years
    Pokemon is a company that loves its fans I would imagine, I mean it's a multi-billion dollar company - has to be. Movies, cards, show, games, merchandise... I can't even imagine the business booming in Japan. I imagine there will be another generation and possibly a few more after that - Pokemon is not dying, it's just getting bigger... all generations of kids like it so I don't doubt that a new generation is already in the works as we speak.

:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    You have to keep in mind the Anime! Once ash beats the elite four and goes home for a few episodes. he's off to the next league! So a new game needs to be made soon. He's already to the 6th gym in the japanese game? I'm not sure. I don't really know what the time frame between, say, Emerald and D/P were. I assume it will be that long between platinum and.....TITANIUM/KRYPTON (idk why the went straight to metals, I was always rooting for a Pokemon ORANGE XD)

Come on the battle frontier is back with platinum.

Back