• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonite or Salamence?

Dragonite or Salamence?

• Total voters

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Gotta' be Salamence, it just looks like I would want a badass dragon to look like, plus back in gen I/II i could never be bothered to raise a Dragonair to lv55 lol

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I choose Dragonite,he's so cute) He is better for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I always thought dragons were cool so I hoped they'd make decent dragon type pokemon, but I really think both dragonite and salamence are just too goofy-looking. I voted neither.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I never really liked Dragonite. Dratini and Dragonair are both so elegant and pretty and... well, Dragonite is fine design-wise but it just feels so awkward in the lineup. :( I don't like Salamence at all but at least it mostly fits its line... I guess. @_@ I'd probably sooner use it than Dragonite but since neither really means anything to me... that's my answer.

Years
  • I like Salamence. It is really cool. I like how it looks like a western dragon. It has really cool attacks too. It looks awesome.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Its...a tough question because I like the both of them, but, I'd prefer Salamence.

Salamence is not really cute and cuddly like Dragonite, but this dragon Pokémon is my favorite of the two. Salamence looks more fierce than Dragonite (backed-up with his ability Intimidate). Evolving into Salamence is probably one of the greatest moments the Bagon Evolution line can experience. Becoming a Salamence fulfills Bagon's greatest wish: to fly high in the sky. (which somehow resembles my own dream). Salamence is easier to get than Dragonite because Dragonair evolves on Lv. 55 while Shelgon evolves on Lv. 50.

Dragonite probably has easier access to some moves like Dragon Rush, Surf or Waterfall, or even Thunder, but Salamence can inherit cooler moves like Hydro Pump and has access to more useful moves like Crunch. Which in my opinion, I like crunch because its really good against things like pesky Cresselia. ^^;

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Salamence, because I think Dragonite's ugly. mainly because it's orange XP
    However, I like Dragonite's pre-evolutions, especially the shiny forms. :3

Years
  • I figured out that I had myself not replied to this thread inspite of being the one who created it. ._.

Well anyways, I like Salamence over Dragonite. Reasons? Salamence to me seems to be the one who looks fiercer than Dragonite or even the rest of the non-legendary Dragon types. His design on the other hand looks more like a traditional dragon. That feeling somehow lacks in Dragonite.

I also like what Salamence represents: Bagon's wish to touch the skies, like Miss Doronjo said. Nice coincidence Doronjo, that's my wish too; to touch the skies. :P

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • Salamence outclasses Dragonite in every way on offense and it's been my favorite dragon Pokemon since it was introduced. I feel like it is way more worth training a Shelgon to Lv.50 to get Salamence than training Dragonair to Lv.55 to get Dragonite. So it's obvious who I'd pick in this situation.

Back