• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragons!?

Do you believe in dragons?

• No, way!

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Of, Course!

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • I never really thought about it...

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Kinda, so-so... (I don't know)

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Xion

The Jesus of Suburbia
Years
  • I sure do, I study mythic creatures and know some info about most of them. But dragons are number one on my list. I don't think the information about the types of dragons you gave is right. Dragons came in so many diffrent types. Example; Water dragons, Fire breathing dragons, thunder dragons, teasure keepers (wich are the white and golden dragons), forest dragons, and so many more. I have even found information on the bible it's self about the existence of this cratures. So, yeah, I do belive in them.

Years
  • Lol, it's more than just tha bible -- Eastern mythology revers 'em an' they pop up in so many legends an' cultures throughout tha world -- there must be SOMETHING!

Oh an' I dunno 'bout different types, but tha way I see it there is tha Western Dragon an' the Eastern Dragon, though I think they were 2 representations of tha same creature...

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • I don't know if dragons ever existed or not...I think that people found dinosaur bones, and ecided to assume what the creature might have looked like. Prehistoric birds and things might have given certain people the idea that dragons had wings. As for firebreathing, I'm baffled on that..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've always been fairly certain that something similar to dragons have existed at some point, but I've always thought that they weren't as fantastic as the ones we see depicted today...probably more like a mere lumbering, land-bound beast, a general leviathan. The fact that dragons, or creatures similar to them, have been integral parts of vastly different and nonconnected cultures, as well as the Bible (read the book of Job), seem to point to there being a dragon-like creature at some time in our earth's history, and even more so, in the past ten or so millennia. I do not think they could fly or breathe fire (though I think that they may have had septic breath like komodo dragons, so toxic that it makes the creature breathed on feel a horrific burning sensation) but they were large lizards, possibly amphibious, and that what we see as the European dragon (long neck, wings, gigantic size) is an exaggeration passed down from generation to generation which has become the mainstream image of what dragons look like, while the wingless, snakelike dragons of asia are likely far closer to reality.

Back